I am a fan of the PlayBook and have enjoyed it since release, got mine day one. It does well for me and the form factor is good as far as I am concerned. It is lacking a bit when it comes to more solid business use.
    I have decided that no more than 30 days after Microsoft comes out with its own tablet running Win 8 will be my rubicon. [30 days to prove out Micosoft's unit is solid] A point of no return where I will abandon the PlayBook (give it to my wife) to get the new Microsoft unit. There is plenty of time for RIM and developers to get things in order and complete and fill in some gaps. Most might just in now and say who cares what I do, or they will tell me RIM does't care. I beleive RIM does care and I am just stating I am with them, but I can't wait forever. My line has been drawn, all of you will have your own lines and setting your own rubicon weather you know it or not.
    08-01-11 07:36 PM
    Sorry I guess (?) if whatever M$ offers best suits your suit then that's what you need to be using mate.
    08-01-11 07:44 PM
    ... what? Sorry but I don't quite understand why you're leaving your current tablet for one you don't know just yet
    08-01-11 07:49 PM
    ... what? Sorry but I don't quite understand why you're leaving your current tablet for one you don't know just yet
    He is not, at least not yet. He is drawing his line in the sand as it were...
    08-01-11 08:13 PM
    I have decided that no more than 30 days after Microsoft comes out with its own tablet running Win 8 will be my rubicon.
    AFAIK Tablet with Win 8 will only be available in early/mid 2012..
    By then, u might change your mind again...
    I believe by the time Win 8 comes out, PB will already shown its true power..
    08-02-11 05:26 AM
    I haven't said I am going to move to MS, and I hope that by the time MS comes out with a tablet which someone already stated would be about a year from now that the PlayBook has filled in those few gaps. I am saying as someone else pointed out that is my line in the sand, if the PlayBook is still lacking in about a year, well then thats my rubicon (point of no return) I will switch at that point only because I can't wait forever, don't think anyone can who is looking for more. Each will have their own time line to react to. Mine is aprox a year a way. I hope by then I am still sporting my PlayBook and I can forget about MS and their tablet.
    08-02-11 11:28 AM
    Wait, what? Missing features on the PB are gonna make you buy a Jeep? (Rubicon)
    08-02-11 11:57 AM
    Wait, what? Missing features on the PB are gonna make you buy a Jeep? (Rubicon)
    Whats the mpg on that?
    08-02-11 12:05 PM
    It averages around 16-17mpg roughly. Sucks at surfing the internet...and no native PIM. Goes well in the snow and off road though.
    08-02-11 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD