my lil bro had my playbook playing with it and the part of the rubber strip that seal the bezel and the outer part start coming out..its by the right speaker i try putting it back in but its not staying...need some help thanks
    02-16-12 12:36 AM
    super glue?
    02-16-12 12:38 AM
    was thinking about that..it wouldnt melt the rubber or anything right
    02-16-12 12:40 AM
    no it wouldnt melt the rubber
    02-16-12 12:45 AM
    Super glue can leave a nasty white haze on some plastics. I'm not sure what will remove it.
    02-16-12 02:16 AM
    duct tape can fix everything ...

but in this case i think super-glue would be the best option since a screen protector or a case wouldnt work
    02-16-12 02:31 AM
    mine has a little bit of the rubber strip coming out on the right side but im not superglueing it.i will just deal with it.
    02-16-12 02:32 AM
    Yeah I've had it come loose at the speakers on both sides. Managed to push the rubber strip back in for the mo but I suspect it'll happen again. I'm trying not to hold it where the speakers are now
    02-16-12 03:16 AM
    I'd go for a silicon glue. It would remain flexible and might be a better companion to the rubber/silicon shell. And others have reported having similar issues.
    Chaddface, Willard814 and DAnklaud like this.
    02-16-12 10:29 AM
    Super glue may harden the rubber causing it to crack under pressure. I don't know the composition of the rubber surround but that has been my experience with super glue and rubber.
    Willard814 and DAnklaud like this.
    02-16-12 11:14 AM
    Just send it into RIM and they will fix it and I can't imagine it being expensive. It's a PB so spare no expense have it fixed right by the professionals. The gluing idea seems like a good one until the end result... ugliness! Call RIM!
    Dlanod likes this.
    02-16-12 11:18 AM
    I had the same issue, the seal started coming out right at the speaker. If you look carefully the rubber is held in with small tabs that fit into slots inside the channel. I poked mine back in with a small flathead eyeglasses screwdriver; it took a bit of wiggling to get the tabs to re-engage but it's good as new now.

If you can't fix it yourself this way i would send it in. Trying to glue it is just going to make a heck of a mess.
    02-16-12 11:45 AM
    In another thread, someone said they found a double sided sticky tape made especially for small places. They said that worked for them. Sorry, I don't have a link.
    02-16-12 11:50 AM
    Put up a picture and maybe we can give you a better idea of what to do.
    02-16-12 12:01 PM
    thanks i might use the super glue....dont want my playbook to be out when 2.0 drops n how do i post pics to the forum
    Last edited by fambo; 02-16-12 at 12:20 PM.
    02-16-12 12:15 PM
    Yes, you can use it, but as stated earlier, it can leave a white frosting around the application area. This is because of the fumes it gives off when it "kicks-off" and cures.

You can remedy that issue with a small fan blowing over the playbook (not on it as it may blow fumes into the unit) to carry away the residual fumes of the CA adhesive. This will prevent the frosting build up. They also use the CA fumes for the lifting of fingerprints on certain surfaces.

Good luck.

C
    fambo likes this.
    02-16-12 12:20 PM
    Another reason to NOT use super glue would be to short open time. If you don't get it the right place fast it will never be right.
    If you ever plan on trying to get a replacement from rim don't do anything.
    02-16-12 12:41 PM

Go to the link above. It shows how to pop open the PB. Likely if you pop it open, you can lay the rubber seal in place and pop it back together. Don't use glue.
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-16-12 03:26 PM
    02-16-12 04:38 PM
    too difficult dude
    07-20-13 10:57 AM
    RUBBER CEMENT not any of the other glues...rubber cement does NOT affect rubber in a negative way and can be rolled off into a ball if it's been put on too much. It can even come off the LCD screen with a flat edge blade (carefully) if necessary. You CAN'T do that with super glue/crazy glue (it will screw up/smudge your glass if you're not careful)...seriously, rubber cement is made for this purpose if you can't get the seal to seat properly with a fine edge screwdriver (or blunted toothpick).
    07-20-13 09:24 PM
    I had the same problem. But thankfully I had a problem with the hardware and software that RIM replaced the tablet

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD