Tonight I received an email from att stating that I am using to much data during this month's billing cycle so att is going to slow down my data speed. LOL....I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and almooooooost changed it for one of att's new tethering plans. I read through the fourms on this site and downloaded the bridge app from rroyy and BAM tethering to my playbook with my unlimited plan..........LMAO at att. I called att and the rep said that I used 6gb of data this billing cycle.......YES...... I've been paying for unlimited data for all these years and now that I use the plan to my benefit att wants to punish me........Watch how much data is use this month......Stay tuned CB......Lol

This forum is the best, thanks CB!!!!!You Rock!!!!!!!
    03-01-12 11:09 PM
    Yep... CB does ROCK! and rroyy is DA man too..
    ralfyguy and Willard814 like this.
    03-01-12 11:14 PM
    Tonight I received an email from att stating that I am using to much data during this month's billing cycle so att is going to slow down my data speed. LOL....I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and almooooooost changed it for one of att's new tethering plans. I read through the fourms on this site and downloaded the bridge app from rroyy and BAM tethering to my playbook with my unlimited plan..........LMAO at att. I called att and the rep said that I used 6gb of data this billing cycle.......YES...... I've been paying for unlimited data for all these years and now that I use the plan to my benefit att wants to punish me........Watch how much data is use this month......Stay tuned CB......Lol

This forum is the best, thanks CB!!!!!You Rock!!!!!!!
    Read an article the other day that said AT&T will be throttle down those that are using more data with unlimited. So don't be surprised when your data starts to slow down.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-01-12 11:30 PM
    Tonight I received an email from att stating that I am using to much data during this month's billing cycle so att is going to slow down my data speed. LOL....I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and almooooooost changed it for one of att's new tethering plans. I read through the fourms on this site and downloaded the bridge app from rroyy and BAM tethering to my playbook with my unlimited plan..............
    just curious - i'm not on AT&T - but - HOW can they have a service named "unlimited" and at the same time "punish" you when you use above average for the month?

Is there a limit within that "unlimited" stating how many GB can be downloaded at full speed - and when reduced speed start?
    03-01-12 11:48 PM
    just curious - i'm not on AT&T - but - HOW can they have a service named "unlimited" and at the same time "punish" you when you use above average for the month?

Is there a limit within that "unlimited" stating how many GB can be downloaded at full speed - and when reduced speed start?

Everyone but sprint and I believe grandfathered verizon people on unlimited. Tmobile and att and others will throttle you after about 2 gigs worth and drop you to 99% slower. Its painfully slow.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 12:02 AM
    I thought I heard on the news tonight that they plan on reducing everyone's UNlimited to some form of limited.

And, I guess, there is fine print in the contract that basically says "We, AT&T can change this contract at our whim!"

There has already been one small claims court decision against them.

Strike all of that:

AT&T relents on 'unlimited data' plan limits - Yahoo! News
    03-02-12 12:25 AM
    Someone won a lawsuit against att for throttling them. I think it was last week. The won a whopping $800ish. Try to find it. The ty thing is there is a clause to stop class action suits in your contract but you can still take them to small claims court.
    Last edited by coolaide; 03-02-12 at 06:21 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-02-12 06:14 AM
    03-02-12 06:20 AM
    AT&T throttles data speeds for people who use more than 3GB in a billing cycle despite having an unlimited plan. Sure you can use more than that but it will be at dial up speeds. It really is a crock but that is how they will force everyone into tiered plans.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-02-12 06:21 AM
    The guy won $850 in small claims court against AT&T, which is appealing the ruling. You have to sue them on a small-time basis like this because AT&T's TOS forbids class action suits. Here's the story:

www.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/technology/some-wireless-carriers-revise-limits-for-the-unlimited.html

Basically, AT&T will throttle back your speeds if you are in the top 5 percent of data users. That's 3GB a month for 3G service, and 5GB a month for faux G.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-02-12 06:21 AM
    Maybe if you didn't broadcast the fact that unlimited data user are getting there money's worth, AT&T won't be dialing down our connection speeds. I knew this wouldn't last for long! Dam you AT&T... dam your oily hide!
    03-02-12 06:26 AM
    HOW can they have a service named "unlimited" and at the same time "punish" you when you use above average for the month?
    AT&T is a corporation and corporations especially ones that dominate the market can do what ever the they want. I would know they have been screwing me fro years. But I'll never give up that unlimited data plan. One AT&T rep tried to trick me into buying an iPhone so I would have to give up my unlimited plan. I laughed at his a$$ hard and walked out the store with my Bold 9700!
    03-02-12 06:31 AM
    If everyone sues them in small claims court they will change their tune for sure.
    03-02-12 07:00 AM
    I saw a article that claims they will only be slowing you down if the network is congested and once they put the brakes on it will continue the rest of the month. I don't know if that's true.
    I have used upwards of 6gb on a 3g in a recent billing cycle and never slowed down. Maybe because I'm streaming primarily at night when the network is not so loaded. I have never seen a text or email from them.
    03-02-12 07:30 AM
    I have AT&T and rroyy's bridge app, but, I have a limited (2gb) plan, and I rarely use anywhere near my allotted data, so I guess I'm safe. And I also have the best bridge with no tethering charges.

YAY RROYY!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-02-12 09:40 AM
    The guy won $850 in small claims court against AT&T, which is appealing the ruling. You have to sue them on a small-time basis like this because AT&T's TOS forbids class action suits. Here's the story:

www.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/technology/some-wireless-carriers-revise-limits-for-the-unlimited.html

Basically, AT&T will throttle back your speeds if you are in the top 5 percent of data users. That's 3GB a month for 3G service, and 5GB a month for faux G.
    But actually, this could be more painful for AT&T, too. They could have to show up in small claims court a million or more times. And if they lose each case for say, only $500, that could be NO SMALL CHANGE. And while they do have the right to appeal, each of those will also cost them time/money. I hope my former employer (many years ago, like more than 40!) take it in the shorts.
    03-02-12 10:00 AM
    Even tho i'm on VzW, i despise at&t for the crap its pulled (between throttling speeds and banning free bridge). I really wish users would bail from them and go to other networks. These two infractions are nothing more than pure greed on their part and we should vote with our money by moving on.

AT&T you suck.
    03-02-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD