Are there any merits in doing a regular reboot. Even when there aren't any reasons to?. Sort of like a PlayBook colonic irrigation.
    FF22 and jamesharmeling like this.
    09-17-12 12:20 PM
    With the latest update I would say no in my experience, but before that I found I had to do reboots occasionally because of memory bleed.
    09-17-12 01:31 PM
    pb is the device i boot ghe most despite the boot time of 3:30!! the os 2.0 doesnt even run from morning to evening without loosing the active sync contact for emails and calendar. once restarted emails come in instantly ... also unability to load websites or hickups in android apps can only be resolved by boot.

while windows starting from 2000 or XP didnt really needed a daily reboot, also my bada phones run ok without day boot, pb os 2.0 needs it in my use scenario.

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    09-17-12 02:38 PM
    I have to reboot once in a while but generlly go weeks without the need to reboot. I'm running 2.01.668.

I'm not sure there would be any benefit to regular reboots - but I don't think it would be any harm in doing so if you feel better about it.
    09-17-12 02:49 PM
    If it ain't broke, don't reboot it.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-17-12 03:14 PM
    Not that I know off..
    I only used to reboot when Android runtime concked off.. But now i'm at 2.1..
    Now I rarely ever reboot.. when Appworld goes haywire and decides not to install anyhting..
    09-17-12 03:48 PM
    Colonic Irrigation........which port on the PB????

No routine reboots for me either.....Just whenever. Running 2.0.1.668 and 2.1.0.840
    09-17-12 04:00 PM
    Plain and simple Nope
    09-17-12 04:04 PM
    I know an ever growing number of PlayBook users who tend to be occasional users and have not developed complete addictions to the device as yet. None of them ever keep an eye on the amount of available free memory they have. Sometimes they run into some problems because there is not enough free memory. I usually hear about it because I was the one who convinced them to buy a PlayBook in the first place. I suggest they restart their devices and the problems are usually sorted out. So why not occasionally reboot the PlayBook? Who really cares if it takes a few minutes to start again? Truthfully I can't understand complaints about the boot time. If it was a getaway car then it would be an issue. But a mobile device? Hardly a big deal.
    09-17-12 06:08 PM
    I know an ever growing number of PlayBook users who tend to be occasional users and have not developed complete addictions to the device as yet. None of them ever keep an eye on the amount of available free memory they have. Sometimes they run into some problems because there is not enough free memory. I usually hear about it because I was the one who convinced them to buy a PlayBook in the first place. I suggest they restart their devices and the problems are usually sorted out. So why not occasionally reboot the PlayBook? Who really cares if it takes a few minutes to start again? Truthfully I can't understand complaints about the boot time. If it was a getaway car then it would be an issue. But a mobile device? Hardly a big deal.
    What if it's being used as the gps in a getaway car?
    09-17-12 06:22 PM
    Every couple of days, when I put it in the cradle to charge just before I go to bed. Android ports make it sluggish, if you use only native BB apps it's not necessary to reboot this often.
    09-17-12 11:01 PM
    My Playbook doesn't seem to need reboots often. It runs smoothly.
    09-18-12 11:18 AM
    I'm running 4.0.1.668 as well and I find that I need a reboot every couple of weeks. Particularly if I'm doing a lot of gaming, at some point it starts to get a little sluggish, and a quick check of About Hardware usually shows that free memory is getting low. I can tell when it's about to get choked up because typing gets extremely laggy. Unfortunately not everything can be 100% leak-proof. Not complaining ...
    09-18-12 12:02 PM
    I'm running 4.0.1.668 as well and I find that I need a reboot every couple of weeks. Particularly if I'm doing a lot of gaming, at some point it starts to get a little sluggish, and a quick check of About Hardware usually shows that free memory is getting low. I can tell when it's about to get choked up because typing gets extremely laggy. Unfortunately not everything can be 100% leak-proof. Not complaining ...
    Many are awaiting 2.1 and you're on 4.0.1.668............not fair !
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-18-12 12:06 PM
    I find that after game playing, I loose my predictive text so I do a reboot after game playing.
    09-18-12 01:29 PM
    I do a reboot about every couple of weeks because I run the PB out of batteries and it dies! I have maybe been forced to reboot TWICE since moving to the 2.1 Beta. Very solid for a beta!
    09-18-12 01:53 PM
    I guess no ones concerned about battery life, especially when you leave your PB in standby for long periods of time while off the charger.
    09-18-12 02:07 PM
    Many are awaiting 2.1 and you're on 4.0.1.668............not fair !
    Oops -- must have fallen into a time warp!!
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-18-12 02:23 PM
    I think it helps any computer device to be restarted occasionally, if it's not going to interrupt anything important. I bounce mine about once a week, at some point when I know I won't be using it for a while, like when I get in the car to drive to work. It's not like I have work open that will be lost, like on my PC.
    09-18-12 03:30 PM
    I reboot mine on average every second day to get Word or Excel docs to open. Seems like every second time I try open a doc the Excel or Word screen saver pops up but the "loading" icon never appears, the screen saver disappears and the doc dosnt open. A reboot always fixes the problem.
    09-18-12 05:41 PM
    I don't do reboots throughout the day, however when I'm done with my PlayBook in the evening after running it hard every day like I do, I turn it off to charge it.
    09-18-12 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD