Will rooting the Playbook allow full android markets access unlike current state where it doesnt do anything? If it does run, will i be able to download and install "any" apps without limitations such as crashing or freezing the tablet? :I

I'm still in consideration whether to root my tablet when new dingleberry comes out and access other android apps, or just stay and enjoy the emulator that came with OS2....

The thing about current emulator that runs android apps is that it freezes on me when i run applications like "Words with Friends" or "Amazon Kindle".... And getting tired of restarting the playbook cause there's no way to reset it anyhow.

I personally prefer BB Playbook over any other android tablets out there in the market now, *cough cough iPad3 comes in second cough cough* but unless RIM really paces forward and aims for the battle with Apple Store and Android Market, Playbook will always end up in a ditch With that aside, I still love my Playbookkkk and expect greatness from it )))
    03-20-12 07:43 PM
    Will rooting the Playbook allow full android markets access unlike current state where it doesnt do anything? If it does run, will i be able to download and install "any" apps without limitations such as crashing or freezing the tablet? :I
    No...

You're still running the apps under the Android player / QNX, the same way they run when installed from App World or sideloaded...

Oh, btw... wrong forum, this should be in the Rooting forum.
    03-20-12 07:59 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

I'm still in consideration whether to root my tablet when new dingleberry comes out and access other android apps, or just stay and enjoy the emulator that came with OS2....

It will, IF you are on a rootable version of the OS. Current 2.0.0.7971 cannot be rooted.

The thing about current emulator that runs android apps is that it freezes on me when i run applications like "Words with Friends" or "Amazon Kindle".... And getting tired of restarting the playbook cause there's no way to reset it anyhow.

Some apps are not compatible with the Player, although Kindle should work. Find another converted bar and sideload again.

I personally prefer BB Playbook over any other android tablets out there in the market now, *cough cough iPad3 comes in second cough cough* but unless RIM really paces forward and aims for the battle with Apple Store and Android Market, Playbook will always end up in a ditch With that aside, I still love my Playbookkkk and expect greatness from it )))
    03-20-12 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD