Just got off the phone with Playbook Support and Rogers has a problem with tethering to playbook right now.

When i go to connect with my Torch just doesn't connect . Says "Acquiring IP" then gives a error that you can't connect.

They said it is a issue with Rogers and they will let us know when it is fixed.

It's weird because the connection says [object Object] instead of Rogers where the connection is named. They said the fix may come with the next update.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
    05-16-11 01:22 PM
    I saw that problem before. When it says do you wanna connect with this profile, click no and then choose rogers.
    05-16-11 01:25 PM
    I'm on Rogers with a Torch and I've tethered quite a few times without problem. Is this new?
    05-16-11 01:27 PM
    cool I'll try that
    05-16-11 01:27 PM
    Tethering with Rogers has been perfect. Not one disconnect or any problems.
    05-16-11 01:29 PM
    That worked....very weird
    05-16-11 01:29 PM
    Ive been tethering since day one without issue (tethered as I type this)
    There has been once or twice it would sit at aquiring ip or says that my phone isn't in range, but it fixed itself
    05-16-11 01:31 PM
    Glad it worked for you Mitch. Weird I never had that problem with Rogers and I have a Torch as well. Did you also update your DM? Not sure if that had anything to do with it. You should be running 6.0 Bundle version 1907.
    05-16-11 01:32 PM
    Mitch:

There was a post here on tethering to Rogers a few weeks ago and it suggested there was a problem with the Rogers profile. You need to create your own profile with the APN and username/password mentioned in the thread.

Robert
    05-16-11 01:33 PM
    Yep running 1907 but it's like it saves the wrong connection so when you go back you need to set it up again...it's ok as long as i can connect somehow just need to remember to say to connect with rogers instead of the saved connection.
    05-16-11 01:35 PM
    yep gonna create own profile now thanks Robsteve
    05-16-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD