04-12-11 08:59 AM
    Sweeeeeet!

I'm definitely interested in the clippy-on keyboard that it talks about at the end. PB Netbook, here I come!

Looks real nice, real sleek. Hopefully its comparably sized to the pb, so you can use both hands, not just thumbs.
    04-12-11 09:03 AM
    Why don't they just update to OTA and we can use USB keyboard and mouse? And have additional storage....
    04-12-11 09:08 AM
    Why don't they just update to OTA and we can use USB keyboard and mouse? And have additional storage....
    Quite possibly they may support just that in the future...

However for portability and practicality...this version will be very welcomed by prosumers!
    04-12-11 09:15 AM
    Is this really news though? I think I've already seen pics of a Bluetooth keyboard for the Playbook. Not sure if made by RIM or another manufacturer, though.

Either way, it's inevitable we'll see plenty of accessories for this new tablet.
    04-12-11 09:39 AM
    ^^it is news to those who are unaware
    04-12-11 09:48 AM
    The keyboard is shown in RIMs training videos.

04-12-11 10:01 AM
    As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not real keen on the 'stacked' or 'aligned' QWERTY layouts. If you're a touch typist, it really throws things off. I'm curious to see how this keyboard operates. I'm hopeful though!
    04-12-11 10:10 AM
    As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not real keen on the 'stacked' or 'aligned' QWERTY layouts. If you're a touch typist, it really throws things off. I'm curious to see how this keyboard operates. I'm hopeful though!
    It just takes some getting used to tbh. Same as how laptop keyboards feel weird at first. I mean some people can touchtype both qwerty and dvorak, and just switch between them. Its not that big a deal.

TBH I'd rather have a condensed keyboard I can fit both hands onto (whatever the layout) than dealing with the microkeyboards that seem to be more usual. As the slide posted above seems to show, the bb one is the same size as the PB so that means it should be comfortably sized to type properly on and that gets my hearty approval.
    04-12-11 11:24 AM
    What does this actually mean.
    04-12-11 11:56 AM
    If you look at your laptop or PC keyboard, you'll see that the standard QWERTY layout is staggered (the Q is up and to the left of A which is up and to the left of Z).

In an aligned configuration, all of the letters are directly above one another (Q right on top of A right on top of Z).
    04-12-11 12:03 PM
    If you look at your laptop or PC keyboard, you'll see that the standard QWERTY layout is staggered (the Q is up and to the left of A which is up and to the left of Z).

In an aligned configuration, all of the letters are directly above one another (Q right on top of A right on top of Z).
    Thanks. Never really noticed. I have a natural at work which is staggered. I also see that my new laptop is staggered as well.

Now I am going to be looking at keyboards to see what an aligned looks like. Kindo of like Kevin McHale counting the bolts on the floor of the Boston Garden during a game.
    04-12-11 12:31 PM
    Thanks. Never really noticed. I have a natural at work which is staggered. I also see that my new laptop is staggered as well.

Now I am going to be looking at keyboards to see what an aligned looks like. Kindo of like Kevin McHale counting the bolts on the floor of the Boston Garden during a game.
    Man I doubt there are many people who know that reference, but I picked it up immediately. Old Celtics fan. I remember Bird mentioning that he knew where the dead spots were on the floor and would work to force people to those spots. I even have a piece of the old parquet floor before they tore the old Garden down.

Good memories.
    04-12-11 01:20 PM
    Blackberry needs to create one of these bluetooth keyboards (start at 1:34):

If it had a real Blackberry "classic Bold" keyboard, a trackpad and was bluetooth, I'd be all over that for more than just the PlayBook.
    04-13-11 07:27 AM
    Can I just use my BlackBerry as an external Bluetooth keyboard for my Playbook?

Especially once the new Bold Touch comes out an I am back to the 9000 sized keyboard.
    04-13-11 07:35 AM
    There was a YoiuTube video in February that had a RIM offical state you could but that was a long time ago and I haven't seen or heard anything since so I'm not sure if that feature made the final release. I sure hope so. If that's the case, we're in business.
    04-13-11 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD