52 80.00%
  • RIM

2 3.08%
  • Both

10 15.38%
  • Go to Verizon

6 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I just called RIM tech support for the second time for Bridge support for my AT&T BOLD 9700. They helped me the first time, but told me today that they will not support Bridge for AT&T until AT&T officially supports Bridge. I had it running for about a week - it worked great - now my PB is a BRICK!
    05-06-11 08:20 AM
    A brick how ?
    05-06-11 08:30 AM
    ok who ever is getting mad at RIM.... seriously... this isn't their issue. this is ATT being ****** bags and not supporting the bridge.

BHH, how is your PB a brick? Unless your talking about not being able to bridge, then yes, right now that sucks. Have you done a clean wipe of the OS and restarted the PB and used the downloaded COD's for the .83 bridge file for your 9700?
    Spawn12 likes this.
    05-06-11 08:34 AM
    I'm not sure how RIM could be at fault either. If Bridge was blocked by my BES Admin, I could not fault RIM for that. I don't believe AT&T when they said earlier that they just got the app and were testing it. Sprint was touting the Bridge feature weeks before that. All they are doing is stalling to try and find a way to charge you for bridge access. You as AT&T customers need to organize and put pressure on them to offically support it.
    05-06-11 08:42 AM
    Have you looked through these forums looking for information on how to get it working on AT&T?

While I'm on Bell, I also have the problem with inability to bridge, but that is due to the fact that I run a Hybrid OS on my phone. I've had BB Bridge working on my PB since the first day I bought it through the OTA download of BB Bridge.

Just make sure that when you search for it, put BB Bridge Update.
    05-06-11 08:49 AM
    Hardly a brick it will still do everything else. Sure you don't have the bridge feature and that is because AT&T has not approved it, not RIM's fault. If the only reason you bought it for was the bridge then take it back and get your money back. I actually want it for the other things because the bridge isn't something I would use much unless they make it so your bb keyboard works to type on the playbook.
    05-06-11 08:51 AM
    its definitly not RIM`s fault, its approved on EVERY carrier in the (app)world apart from at+t. says all it needs to imo
    05-06-11 08:52 AM
    Yep, only mad at AT&T. My bridge has worked fine since I bought it two weeks ago and even better (especially the Bridge Browser speed) since the last OS update.
    05-06-11 09:17 AM
    Typically I would vote for both but AT&T has pulled this type of crap in the past, where they refuse to support things because they just don't feel like testing it.
    05-06-11 09:25 AM
    Typically I would vote for both but AT&T has pulled this type of crap in the past, where they refuse to support things because they just don't feel like testing it.
    True, their only focus seems to be on the iPhone..
    05-06-11 09:26 AM
    I am on AT&T but through this forum downloaded bridge and it works fine. Evertime I use it I just smile at the antics of AT&T. In fact I sometimes use it even when wifi is available just to rub AT&T's nose in the pile of pooh they are making for themselves.

AT&T blocks you from downloading Bridge the usual way, but thanks due to fellow crackberry addicts, there is an easy to perform work-around posted in these forums.
    05-06-11 11:01 AM
    psssh stupid at&t they don't want to give special treatment. **** i see it as a selling point to sell playbooks and bb phones expecially as we get the fun stuff. sell them as a package, sell the pb and a smartphone with a super special awsomely priced package and youll see more subscribers because they can get more of what the want. stupid at&t.
    05-06-11 11:07 AM
    I just called RIM tech support for the second time for Bridge support for my AT&T BOLD 9700. They helped me the first time, but told me today that they will not support Bridge for AT&T until AT&T officially supports Bridge. I had it running for about a week - it worked great - now my PB is a BRICK!
    lol - why would to tell them what carrier you're on? Of the 5 times I've called them they've never once asked...

Thinking they would (if you did tell them) is like expecting them to offer support for a leaked OS
    05-07-11 01:31 PM
    BB Bridge has worked fine for me with my AT&T Torch, once I installed it from the OTA links in the forums.. I do occasionally loose the bridge app icons, but a quick restart fixes that..
    05-07-11 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD