RIM sponsered meeting with BB Android application developers. Funding for you maybe?
    Android Player for BlackBerry PlayBook is supporting 50 Meetups across the country to get the word out about converting your Android App to run on the BlackBerry Tablet OS and host it in BlackBerry World. They�re thrilled to have your Meetup participating in this program! In addition to having a local Blackberry rep come visit your Meetup, they�re making a financial investment in your Meetup Group over the next 3 months to help your Organizer make it even better!

RIM Sponsoring 50 Android Developer Meetups to Promote PlayBook Android Player - BerryReview
    09-07-11 11:26 AM
    Sounds like a positive (and proactive) step forward for Rim. Hopefully the devs hop on board and get some serious apps out for the PB. Soon.
    09-07-11 11:36 AM
    09-07-11 12:10 PM
    Should be good for those within groups or nearby the meeting that can attend.

But then RIM needs to start handling the Devs with some respect and not like
    they have treated Shape Services and some others.

Tim
    09-07-11 01:27 PM
    Hopefully a bunch of apps are on their way to us BB PB users!
    09-07-11 02:29 PM
    Seems like they're more helpful for Android developers than they are for BlackBerry developers.

Whatever happened to the BlackBerry player?
    trsbbs likes this.
    09-07-11 03:37 PM
    Seems like they're more helpful for Android developers than they are for BlackBerry developers.

Whatever happened to the BlackBerry player?
    Who the he11 knows. All the speculation, guessing and lack of any real statement out of RIM is getting on folks nerves.

As far as the PB, RIM has talked the talk and not walked the walk.

I hope whatever they have planned for the PB is soon made public. It would only help to reduce the amount of negativity about this product and RIM.

People complain about the complaining. One way to fix it is to fix the PB. Give folks nothing to b1tch about. Instead RIM seems to thrive on this end fighting and whinning.

Silence is not golden Jim/Mike (Dumb/Dumber).

He11, folks are talking about a hardware refresh before the dang thing is 9 months old! I have not seen one stick of creditable information even remotely hinting at this.

RIM, being silent and carrying a small stick is no way to go through life.

They need apps but they also need to deliver a product that is close to what they said it would be.

If I was a Dev and wittenessed what RIM has not been doing to improve this product and what they have done to some of the Devs, no amount of love or money would make me program one dam thing for the PB.

RIM can turn this around but time is running out and running out quickly.

They have had some good news with the new phones. Some good news with
    even the PB. RIM needs to hit while the iron is still hot. Not two weeks or two months from now.

and so it goes...

Tim
    howarmat likes this.
    09-07-11 03:55 PM
    how do you find your blackberry playbook? what do you normally use it for? have u tried the android apps loader?

btw, im a medical student and im considering of buying a tablet since internet browsing is my priority..it helps when i need a quick reference.. plus..i am thinking of copying all my lecture notes (in the form of words docs and power point presentations) into the tablet and revision will be easier.. what make me consider the playbook is its small size..it is convenient enough to carry around...

so..do you think the playbook will do the job..? and does the benefit weigh over the cost?

i am currently thinking of two possible options:

1) get a playbook and bold 9780 (since bold 3 is cheaper compared to torch 9810) for the bridge connection (so i can browse internet anywhere) or

2) get a torch 9810 so i can surf the net and read my notes (but my concern is whether the screen of torch 9810 is big or pleasing enough for reading the notes..and i believe the browsing speed on playbook is much faster compared to torch 9810 even though it runs under blackberry bridge connection right?)

and by the way, have you ever compared the browser speed between bold 9900 and torch 9810? is there any big discrepancy?

...thanx a lot...
    09-08-11 09:49 AM
    Jim/Mike (Dumb/Dumber).
    Perfect parallel.

+1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 02:55 PM
    i actually got some hands on use with v2.0 today. the owner of the pb is a developer and was saying as of right now there are about 15000 android apps that should be available, stand alone bbm and quite a bit more. he seemed quite excited to tell me about it which made me look forward to it even more. the kindle reader seemed exceptionally cool too.
    09-09-11 12:30 AM
    Silence is not golden Jim/Mike (Dumb/Dumber)
    He he he, I was smiling at this statement but then I thought about us... the one who bought the products of "Dumb" and "Dumber"... what are we then?...
    09-09-11 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD