Am I going nuts, or is RIM flooding the T.V with commercials?? Seem like every few minutes I see a commercial, on all channels. Most of the time they come right on EXACTLY when I grab my PB to sit on the couch and surf the web.lol...

By the way, as Im posting this thread, another just came on, I swear. They smashed all other tablets with this one
    05-09-11 12:34 AM
    I'm seeing them more and more too. I was at a bar today and saw it twice during a hockey game.
    05-09-11 12:50 AM
    I don't watch a lot of tv but there sure are a lot of ads popping up on the net! About time too.
    05-09-11 04:51 AM
    i'm seeing them too. pb, ipad and xoom ads back to back. the pb ones shows off the multitasking really well, the ipad one shows how diverse it it w/ all the apps for different people, and the xoom one knocking the pb with the, what a tabled should be angle.
    05-09-11 08:11 AM
    I don't watch TV much either, but yes it seems every time I look up... there it is. Back when the Pretender's song commercial was on more, I'd hear it all the time while walking around the house away from the TV.
    05-09-11 09:57 AM
    They were running that commercial on FX all day yesterday. Glad they are finally putting out an effort. I think they were waiting for the stable OS to get out and current version, combined with BBM working via the bridge makes it awesome. When they get native PIM/e-mail added this summer then the iFans and Droids are going to have very little to complain about other than size, and hopefully RIM puts out a 10" version before the Holidays to cover people that have that preference. I love the current version, but could see someone used to a iPad or Xoom sized tablet or with poor vision wanting more screen real estate.
    05-09-11 10:52 AM
    RIM has done a much better job marketing the Playbook recently. Much better than the original marketing they had on launch day, which was simply putting one of those "Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Men" outside the RIM headquarters with the Playbook logo on it. Ok, I made the last part up, but you get my point.
    05-09-11 11:09 AM
    I see the commercials. But they are like all flashy and fast. They should slow it down and just show off a few key things like apple does.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    05-09-11 11:13 AM
    I actually really like the PlayBook "Power" commercial. My 2 year old daughter likes to dance to the song and points to my PlayBook when it comes on... future techie in the making
    05-09-11 11:16 AM
    Normally, I dont watch TV but this one is good.

Showed perfectly hah...

__________________________________________________ ___
    Media Blitz Production
    07-28-11 05:11 AM
    LOVE IT!!! I am so tired of people calling it the "Blackberry iPad" so with all the publicity maybe they will start getting it right.....

hopefully
    07-28-11 11:11 AM
    Sometimes I think RIM would just be better off with a simple

PLAYBOOK

(insert picture of playbook here)

As much as I hate to admit it, they have to take some notes from Apple's marketing.
    07-28-11 11:18 AM
    My open apps never fly off the screen as fast as the ones in the commercial when I am flinging them to close them.

The commercial seems to downplay the bridge feature and that may be because of the action AT&T took to charge for the use of the bridge.

I agree they seem to be showing the commercial more which is allowing people to see that there is a blackberry tablet available
    07-28-11 12:43 PM
    Am I going nuts, or is RIM flooding the T.V with commercials?? Seem like every few minutes I see a commercial, on all channels. Most of the time they come right on EXACTLY when I grab my PB to sit on the couch and surf the web.lol...

By the way, as Im posting this thread, another just came on, I swear. They smashed all other tablets with this one
    I cannot vouch for your sanity....

But, curiously, my TV seems to have the same affliction. So, it's YOU causing it when you pick up your PB? Good to know.
    07-28-11 01:21 PM
    I see the commercials. But they are like all flashy and fast. They should slow it down and just show off a few key things like apple does.
    Mine, too, but then I figured it was just that the DVR was in FF...
    07-28-11 01:23 PM
    In India, there has been 'Zero' television ads, Road shows, etc for the PlayBook. In the last financial year (Apr 2010 - Mar 2011) BB sold more phones than Android + iPhone combine. This is one of the few markets where 'cheaper' SmartPhones (like Curve series) sells the most. This was made possible with India-centric advertising of the 'Love-What-You-Do-Campaign', lowering of monthly BIS fees & displaying the phones everywhere.

With PB, there hasn't been a single ad on TV (vs. Many from iPad & Galaxy Tab). At 3 stores I visited, no one recommends it. Sales people say I should go for a Galaxy Tab instead if I want 7". 1 of them did not have a functional demo piece and said RIM / Distributor does not give them a working one. I mean, the problem must lie somewhere. BB Phones are on display and even today sell a lot through Android is eating into the market fast (Much faster than the iPhone). Why can't RIM market PB equally? At least in India where it has some dominance in smartphones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD