I told them that I have a 480� device with all kinds of promises, but little are true yet.

Oh Wait ... finally it has arrived in the Appworld : TicTacToe
    (I don't dare to show this to my friends...they will laugh hard, very hard)
    BlackBerry PlayBook: Professional-Grade Tablet = TicTacToe lol
    07-15-11 10:23 AM
    well maybe i see things differently, but `not supported as of yet` means to me `not available yet`.

maybe your reading it how you wish to, maybe im reading it how i wish to, but if you ask RIM if an app that isnt available is supported, naturally the answer is no, and they cant realistically even acknoweldge its existence to you as an enquirer as you may be `competition` checking on if an app has been submitted.
    The words I am keying on are " have not created one".

Now this could mean there is an issue with it or that they are not releasing
    it for some other reason or that they never received any IM applications.

But since IM+ says they created one, submitted not once but twice and that RIM has not responded to their contacts about it I can only assume that RIM has deep six'd it for some reason. A reason they do not wish to reveal.

Tim
    07-15-11 10:30 AM
    The words I am keying on are " have not created one".

Now this could mean there is an issue with it or that they are not releasing
    it for some other reason or that they never received any IM applications.

But since IM+ says they created one, submitted not once but twice and that RIM has not responded to their contacts about it I can only assume that RIM has deep six'd it for some reason. A reason they do not wish to reveal.

Tim
    my point exactly, your narrowing down to part of a sentence, the full context of which is
    the developers for those IM applications have not created one that is supported on the PlayBook as of yet
    where `supported` is (to me at least) the key word.
    the statement doesnt say that havent made one, it says they havent made one that is supported (yet), thats a world of difference.

of course your interpreting it one way and me the other, so its fair to say theres some ambiguity in their statement to you.
    07-15-11 10:40 AM
    Crackberry is really dropping the ball on not being all over this story

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    trsbbs likes this.
    07-15-11 11:11 AM
    Crackberry have already decided that RIM has had enough negetive attention and don't want to add to it. They're on their RIM rebuilding kick, remember.

Crackberry is really dropping the ball on not being all over this story

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 11:20 AM
    Crackberry have already decided that RIM has had enough negetive attention and don't want to add to it. They're on their RIM rebuilding kick, remember.
    I was feeling the same way - but you've made a valid observation there....
    07-15-11 11:23 AM
    Obviously I have no idea if my AT&T theory is correct but it would certainly warrant someone with contacts looking into it. That wouldn't be negetive RIM either....

I was feeling the same way - but you've made a valid observation there....
    07-15-11 11:26 AM
    I've noticed that.

Kevin was at the GM and not only didn't press RIM on native email for PB, he didn't even mention Jim's dodge/lie on the 60 day schedule statement. Yet look how big an issue that was for the users based on the heat that thread got on this site.

And now no publishing of this example of issues with developers. Yet lots of reports on new PB games being released, free Berry utiliities available on AppWorld, etc.

This site describes itself as being #1 for "BlackBerry users". That seems to be morphing more into #1 for "RIM".

BlackBerry users need a site to be their voice and their advocate - that's obvious from Jim & Mike's hubris. True advocacy means holding management's feet to the fire when required. It will be interesting to see where CB heads in the future. I hope to being a user advocate and not to being a RIM resource.

- R.
    Last edited by Rooster99; 07-15-11 at 11:49 AM.
    semicoln, trsbbs and Maiev like this.
    07-15-11 11:37 AM
    Guys, excuses can be made till we have run out of words to use, but these are the facts:

- SHAPE has built, tested, and submitted IM+ and we have proof of this.
    - RIM have not approved the submission 2 months later.
    - RIM has not responded to SHAPE as to why, nor have they given any feedback to assist the situation.

It does not matter who you are, or what the reasons are, that is a bunch of bull which harms the developer, the users and the brand. Being a very hard and tried RIM supporter it makes me epically sad to see such utter junk going on.

RIM this is flipping pathetic; SHAPE have done all their dues and have gone about trying to resolve the matter through all the available avenues. What has RIM done further than withhold good applications from users, lie to their users, treat the developers (who at this point will make or break them) like junk, and ultimately spotlight themselves as a corporate hog.

Pathetic. End of the story. No uhms, buts, ers or ahs.
    Last edited by BassonCJ; 07-15-11 at 03:38 PM.
    semicoln, howarmat, trsbbs and 4 others like this.
    07-15-11 11:41 AM
    They have been given a pass for too long by too many, including customers. This RIM isn't worth rebuilding.
    07-15-11 11:52 AM
    You have to remember that some of these customers won't even click on a BGR link thats critical of RIM, with devotion like that there's no incentive for RIM to improve.

I swear, blackberry users have to the the thinnest skinned bunch of weenies I know and it's a shame I have to be lumped in with them.

including customers
    Last edited by xandermac; 07-15-11 at 12:11 PM.
    07-15-11 12:00 PM

I think this pic says it all.
    trsbbs likes this.
    07-15-11 03:04 PM
    Did you ever stop to think that maby Kevin knows somthing you don't? What you should be doing is stop ******** about rim and start pestering the crap out of kevin to make a statement.

You people will never get anything done unless you get Kevin to front page this. we need media attention, not unimportant person attention.
    07-15-11 03:23 PM
    I don't blame them I even got yelled at by mods for being an arse. For the most part crackberry is the most grown up tech forum on the web. I like it, still have an issue with fanboys of any product. They are like euro soccer fans, their team can be winless and they still for some reason have the nerve to talk about how great they are.
    biggulpseh likes this.
    07-15-11 04:42 PM
    I don't blame them I even got yelled at by mods for being an arse. For the most part crackberry is the most grown up tech forum on the web. I like it, still have an issue with fanboys of any product. They are like euro soccer fans, their team can be winless and they still for some reason have the nerve to talk about how great they are.
    sure, the forums are great but what goes on in here is completely separate to the reporting that is supposed to happen on the front page. Not reporting on issues like this, at the very least not acknowledging it is akin to intentionally deceiving potential/current users. People need to be told what tactics rim are using in regard to app development, especially if there is something more to it than meets the eye as i suspect.
    Last edited by xandermac; 07-15-11 at 04:52 PM.
    07-15-11 04:49 PM
    I'm European and live in Canada. I'm obviously a soccer fan and can tell you that, over there, you're affiliated to a team for life. There's no changing, no going back - hence that fanaticism....but going off topic here....C'mon RIM! Wake up!!
    07-15-11 04:56 PM
    I posted on twitter about this and below is the response from Bla1ze...and I think that's fair but if RIM doesn't comment in the next 2-3 days, the story should be posted on Crackberry for all to see.

We have a request in to RIM for comment, rather one sided without a comment from those in charge - Bla1ze.
    07-15-11 04:58 PM
    I posted on twitter about this and below is the response from Bla1ze...and I think that's fair but if RIM doesn't comment in the next 2-3 days, the story should be posted on Crackberry for all to see.

We have a request in to RIM for comment, rather one sided without a comment from those in charge - Bla1ze.
    I agree....
    07-15-11 05:01 PM
    sure, the forums are great but what goes on in here is completely separate to the reporting that is supposed to happen on the front page. Not reporting on issues like this, at the very least not acknowledging it is akin to intentionally deceiving potential/current users. People need to be told what tactics rim are using in regard to app development, especially if there is something more to it than meets the eye as i suspect.
    Your right, but I think RIM is paying for it with sales. The playbook's percentage of the tablet market doesn't even measure. If RIM doesn't realize that they can't use a closed system like Apple then they will fail. Apple does great because they have an eco system that is second to none. RIM doesn't have an eco system yet they want to lock this tablet down. They are and will fail without crackberry calling them out. They think they are untouchable, but they need to wake up and look at companies like palm, windows mobile, and, Nokia.
    07-15-11 05:03 PM
    I'm European and live in Canada. I'm obviously a soccer fan and can tell you that, over there, you're affiliated to a team for life. There's no changing, no going back - hence that fanaticism....but going off topic here....C'mon RIM! Wake up!!
    Thats true I lived in Germany for 8 years and became a fan of a certain team. Its different than tech companies though, yet somehow people are fanatical about supporting the company of the product they own. Its kind of ridiculous.
    07-15-11 05:04 PM

I've never seen other sites hold off news for days to get someone's comments on the issue first! BGR never waits. As soon as they post the story, however, RIM responds within 24hrs.
    07-15-11 05:31 PM
    I've never seen other sites hold off news for days to get someone's comments on the issue first! BGR never waits. As soon as they post the story, however, RIM responds within 24hrs.
    its a bs excuse, no one waits. even the times publishes a story and adds that they "approached xxxx for comment".
    07-15-11 05:35 PM
    its a bs excuse, no one waits. even the times publishes a story and adds that they "approached xxxx for comment".
    Exactly. Update later w/ their comments if they care to lie some more...
    07-15-11 05:47 PM
    Thats true I lived in Germany for 8 years and became a fan of a certain team. Its different than tech companies though, yet somehow people are fanatical about supporting the company of the product they own. Its kind of ridiculous.
    I guess it's human nature to have a sense of belonging. Sometimes you have to get tough on someone you care about. We should all do the same with RIM, cause this is pathetic!
    07-15-11 06:22 PM
    I guess it's human nature to have a sense of belonging. Sometimes you have to get tough on someone you care about. We should all do the same with RIM, cause this is pathetic!
    True because right now it seems like its all about those two ****** bags and not the consumer.
    07-15-11 07:28 PM
173 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD