At least this proves that we will be getting a similar offering from RIM.

But it's a pretty bad situation when you have RIM's biggest fans getting fed up.

Yes, I have a Playbook and yes I'll be getting a Huawei MediaPad if this doesn't improve by the time the MediaPad is released.
    07-14-11 12:17 PM
    I DOn't Really care about IM+ I never used it in the past, so why care about it in the furutre? I still got hopes in RIM.....
    Then why even post about it if you dont use it thus this does not affect you..

Tim
    07-14-11 12:26 PM
    At least this proves that we will be getting a similar offering from RIM..
    It does and it doesn't as RIM has made no announcement in the area
    of IMs other then BBM, which many do not use.

Tim
    07-14-11 12:28 PM
    It does and it doesn't as RIM has made no announcement in the area
    of IMs other then BBM, which many do not use.

Tim
    If they were only planning on giving us BBM then they would've approved this by now (since they approved IM+ on BlackBerry phones).

Even just native BBM would do me for now, and it would attract more of the consumer market.
    07-14-11 12:37 PM
    Just recevied this from PB support..I emailed this to the IM+ makers also.

Hello Timothy Shriver,

I understand that you are inquiring about IM applications on the PlayBook. Unfortunately, there is no complicated answer for this, it's as simple as the developers for those IM applications have not created one that is supported on the PlayBook as of yet. We have not heard of any release dates for any IM applications yet. I'm sorry that I do not have more information for you. But keep checking Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com for any new features available for the tablet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    Last edited by trsbbs; 07-14-11 at 01:04 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    07-14-11 12:51 PM
    07-14-11 12:59 PM
    I call BS. She states that they would post the file on their web page "But you can only get apps from app world."

Sorry toots... it's called sideloading. Post the damned .bar file and we'll do the rest kthnx.
    07-14-11 01:07 PM
    I call BS. She states that they would post the file on their web page "But you can only get apps from app world."

Sorry toots... it's called sideloading. Post the damned .bar file and we'll do the rest kthnx.
    There is a webpage for App World where you can view and download
    applications. So at least that part is true.

Tim
    07-14-11 01:10 PM
    I shot back an email to PB Support with a link to the authors website showing the PB application and included the posting from Shape about submitting IM+.

We shall see what RIM comes back with this time.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:49 PM
    To: BlackBerry Customer Support
    Subject: Re: INC000023319419

That is not correct, at least according to the author.

This is their website:
    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...ok&platform=bb

According to the author it was submitted on May19th 2011.

If this is the case, either RIM dropped the ball or the author did.

Please make sure that this application was not submitted and fell into the
    cracks somewhere as this is coming down to RIMs words vs the developers.

Thanks,

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 07-14-11 at 01:40 PM.
    07-14-11 01:12 PM
    If you want to ask her or tell her about sideloading an app

she commented on their twitter account: @implus
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-14-11 01:17 PM
    wtf....no IM....no Email...No Skype....no Apps....no Games....nothing....so now wat am i suppose to do with my 32gb PB....sit on it or **** on it or wat ???
    07-14-11 01:19 PM
    wtf....no IM....no Email...No Skype....no Apps....no Games....nothing....so now wat am i suppose to do with my 32gb PB....sit on it or **** on it or wat ???
    Stay calm...be cool..lets keep this civil..

Tim
    07-14-11 01:35 PM
    If you want to ask her or tell her about sideloading an app

she commented on their twitter account: @implus
    Someone should. I don't "tweet" much at all..if ever..

Tim
    07-14-11 01:39 PM
    Someone should. I don't "tweet" much at all..if ever..

Tim
    Tim I don't either so figured the next best thing would to post her twitter account

Oh and here is her direct one: @FairyMary

for some reason she thinks only developers can sideload an app
    Last edited by Foreverup; 07-14-11 at 01:51 PM.
    07-14-11 01:40 PM
    sideloading is really limited right now as in very few people know about it. Pretty much the only people that would know are ones on forums which accounts for maybe 1000 PB owners or so?
    07-14-11 01:53 PM
    sideloading is really limited right now as in very few people know about it. Pretty much the only people that would know are ones on forums which accounts for maybe 1000 PB owners or so?
    Well people should get the word out then it would be interesting to see what RIM would do if companies started offering .bar files because of the slow approval process.
    07-14-11 01:56 PM
    I just followed up the email to Shape about looking into sideloading
    and referred them to these forums for details.

Tim
    07-14-11 01:56 PM
    Would be nice with a separate market for PB apps, but i guess RIM would close the sidle loading possibility.
    Off topic: do the side-loading apps need to be signed to be able to install?
    07-14-11 02:02 PM
    Just send here a message via my Twitter-account. Would love to pay 9,99$ for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 02:05 PM
    Stop it you are stealing my thunder!!
    07-14-11 02:32 PM
    Ever major blackberry fan site has a forum post on sideloading. She has no excuse. I found out about sideloading the day i got my PB simply by reading the CB forums. People will never learn if they dont get off their asses and seek out knowledge.

But hey, since people want to be lazy we'll need to get the CB staff to get into high gear and start posting this stuff on the front page. stickying the topics and just being generally annoying by forcing people to hear it.

Hear that staffies? Need more help? Ill be more than happy to do the work for free...

And sideloading can be done with a .bar wether it signed or not.
    07-14-11 02:34 PM
    Just recevied this from PB support..I emailed this to the IM+ makers also.
    Good form Tim. I appreciate your feedback, as I am sure SHAPE will too!
    07-14-11 02:50 PM
    Ever major blackberry fan site has a forum post on sideloading...
    Phill I think to be very fair, side loading works, but is not the route a well known company like SHAPE wants to go in terms of distributing their applications. I myself would prefer to see the application come through accepted channels.

For those interested, SHAPE have posted proof of their submission: IM+ Vendor Portal Submission
    Last edited by BassonCJ; 07-14-11 at 03:48 PM.
    07-14-11 02:53 PM
    Phill I think to be very fair, side loading works, but is not the route a well known company like SHAPE wants to go in terms of distributing their applications. I myself would prefer to see the application come through accepted channels.

For those interested, SHAPE have posted proof of their submission: IM+ Vendor Portal Submission
    Indeed... I own: RDM+, Business Cardreader, IM+, MobiScope, And more from Shapeservices, all good apps.

This is beginning to get embarrasing for RIM if u ask me, but the reason is still unknown, i'm beginning to also think this has to do with strategic decissions.
    07-14-11 03:59 PM
    Indeed... I own: RDM+, Business Cardreader, IM+, MobiScope, And more from Shapeservices, all good apps.

This is beginning to get embarrasing for RIM if u ask me, but the reason is still unknown, i'm beginning to also think this has to do with strategic decissions.
    Or

1.) it's indifference
    2.) people up on that high high ladder has to much of an ego to admit that they're wrong in their "vision". Rather let it die than fix it
    07-14-11 04:04 PM
173 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD