every BB phone user was a potential PB customer, but RIM did such a lousy job to work with the phone carrier to sell them in a bundle
    I never received from T-Mobile USA or from RIM any email offering me the PB as bundle for a special price
    no carrier in the US offered the PB, even the rumor that print will offer the LTE version died
    so how the **** did RIM expect to sell a tablet with had no native email, and had to be linked to a BB phone, and not get the US phone carriers involved
    plus selling a 7 inch tablet for the same price as a 10 inch Apple or Android, what were they thinking?
    they should have given it away for half price to all BB7 user to get a base
    look what Amazon did with the first kindle ...................... they gave it away
    I paid $499 at Laborday weekend 2011, down from $699 plus a had some Staples rewards and credit, so I have only to pay about $400
    But I still think RIM owns me something, like a voucher for the next BB10 phone, a lot of us overpaid for our PB and we never got a letter from RIM
    with the new BB10 coming out with new phones, BB owes us some kind reward for the early adapter
    carlyincanada likes this.
    12-24-12 03:48 PM
    I don't understand this "blank company owes me something" attitude. If you like the product, what's the problem?

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 03:54 PM
    RIM owes you nothing.
    12-24-12 03:59 PM
    So do you also cry to the car dealer when you buy a new car and then 1. they either drop the price for the new models? ....or 2. the new model comes out at the price you paid for the previous years model but has more features? While it is unfortunate that you feel "cheated", there isn't a guarantee that the price won't change when you buy anything...especially something in such a rapidly changing industry as consumer electronics. Just be thankful that you have a solid piece of hardware that RIM continues to support.

Ps. Just so you know, I paid full price for my original PlayBook and bought 5 others as well (obviously not at full price).
    I was going to comment, but what you said pretty much sums it up nicely.
    12-24-12 04:24 PM
    I don't think I over paid for my first one (full price pre-order), but I do think I got an incredible deal on my last four. RIM owes me nothing, and I owe RIM nothing (not even loyalty). As long as they provide a product that meets my needs for a fair price I will continue to purchase them and we'll get along just fine. Thanks RIM.
    12-24-12 04:27 PM
    So do you also cry to the car dealer when you buy a new car and then 1. they either drop the price for the new models? ....or 2. the new model comes out at the price you paid for the previous years model but has more features? While it is unfortunate that you feel "cheated", there isn't a guarantee that the price won't change when you buy anything...especially something in such a rapidly changing industry as consumer electronics. Just be thankful that you have a solid piece of hardware that RIM continues to support.

Ps. Just so you know, I paid full price for my original PlayBook and bought 5 others as well (obviously not at full price).
    12-24-12 05:07 PM
    Yep, this entitlement attitude is what what makes us the envy of all intelligent life in the galaxy.

Oh, and OP, you owe ME big time for the time wasted in reading this thread.
    12-24-12 05:16 PM
    Yep, this entitlement attitude is what what makes us the envy of all intelligent life in the galaxy.

Oh, and OP, you owe ME big time for the time wasted in reading this thread.
    Another minute wasted, on entitlement mentality.

It is what it is. When you go into a restaurant, unless you buy a package deal, they don't 'owe' you dessert.
    12-24-12 06:00 PM
    Whine, whine whine, you write like you think your presence on this planet entitles you to special treatment. You bought a product because you wanted it when you wanted it. If you paid "too much" it was because of that choice. RIM owes you nothing.
    12-24-12 06:03 PM
    fool me once, shame on RIM. fool me twice, shame on....

RIM can't afford to make it up to all the STORM and PLAYBOOK owners they have failed. But I think the STORM is the start of RIM lost the respect as a leading tech company.
    12-24-12 06:04 PM
    12-24-12 06:24 PM
    here....have a

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Choco_chip_cookie.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	129428
    I can always count on you!
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-24-12 08:23 PM
    Nah, a cookie is too good. How about some rice pudding?

rotorwrench and jchavealot like this.
    12-24-12 09:01 PM
    Sigh. I was really hoping that was a somewhat ironic title to the thread and the actual 1st post was going to be a rant about how everyone thinks they are owed something. By your logic, Windows owes me a pile for various OS's going back to 3.1 and a bunch of computer companies owe me for a bunch of near worthless hardware I have sitting around. You thought it was worth it when you bought it at price X and didn't return it.
    Nevermind. Just ditto the previous responses since the original post.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-24-12 10:02 PM
    fool me once, shame on RIM. fool me twice, shame on....

RIM can't afford to make it up to all the STORM and PLAYBOOK owners they have failed. But I think the STORM is the start of RIM lost the respect as a leading tech company.
    Speak for yourself, RIM didn't fail me with PB, they gave me a great workhorse that serves me so well I bought another, even when I could have any tablet I wanted.
    hpjrt and Spencerdl like this.
    12-24-12 10:43 PM
    Go to apple one less person who needs to cry they owe me. Than you will no what being screwed is all about.

Rim owes you squat!
    12-24-12 10:45 PM
    That reminds me of my first laptop computer I bought, 640KB memory, 4.7 Mhz, monochrome gray screen without backlighting, no hard drive, 1x 3.5 inch floppy drive, DOS operating system, all of this for a measly $ 3,800.00. I think this manufacturer owes me something, lol.
    12-24-12 10:54 PM
    That reminds me of my first laptop computer I bought, 640KB memory, 4.7 Mhz, monochrome gray screen without backlighting, no hard drive, 1x 3.5 inch floppy drive, DOS operating system, all of this for a measly $ 3,800.00. I think this manufacturer owes me something, lol.
    You got a bargain I spent $4k on my first computer, and I thought I was hot stuff with Windows 95.
    12-25-12 12:43 AM
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

I paid $500+ for my 64gb when I got it, haven't ever bitched about it because I've gotten my investment back in function and enjoyment. Get your *** off that high horse and unbunch your panties then you can come talk to the big people again.
    Leopard78OL and vespajet like this.
    12-25-12 01:17 AM
    rim doesn't owe anyone anything. no one forced you to buy the pb.

but rim definitely deserves the destruction in their brand and the way people shriek when you mention blackberry. i still remember counting down to the pb updates only to have it delayed again and again and again. i still remember refreshing the "new apps" page multiple times a day and then revisiting the picture of skype on the pb by rim and reassuring myself that it would be coming. it never came and i have long given up. nowadays my pb is just a web browser i use when i am too lazy to turn on my pc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 01:33 AM
    I hate people with the OP's way of thinking.
    vespajet likes this.
    12-25-12 02:17 AM
    To the OP, I guess the world owes you something also.........meh!!!
    12-25-12 10:18 AM
    I bought my 16g at the same time as you then 64g less than a year later. And also paid full price for my 9930 and I can say RIM OWES me nothing.
    12-25-12 12:24 PM
    I bought my 16g at the same time as you then 64g less than a year later. And also paid full price for my 9930 and I can say RIM OWES me nothing.
    Pretty much the same here. Got my PlayBook day 1 with no regrets and my Bold 9930 full price off contract. No regrets from me.
    12-25-12 01:19 PM
    RIM does owe you something...a soother
    12-25-12 01:21 PM
55 123