Michael Clewly replied on my tweet.

A bit disappointed, but what's coming far outweigh my small wishes. SMS bridge included.
    01-15-12 11:52 AM
    yeah.. they kept saying Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook integration, but... none of the demos had facebook. i thought it was an error on the many RIM reps that mentioned that.
    01-15-12 12:13 PM
    Maybe none of them wanted to show their FaceBook acct in all of those demos. The other stuff is more public and business-oriented.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-15-12 01:34 PM
    No, of course not, why would we include that? That's something people actually use?

Typical RIM move
    01-15-12 01:37 PM
    I watched video this morning and in it the RIM rep talks about "twitter and linkedin are being demo'ed here at CES but Facebook and others when it's released". I figure they're just not done doing it and hopefully they will be by the time it's released.
    01-15-12 02:04 PM
    Guys, it will have Facebook, that's pretty much without question.

They just didn't have it ready to demonstrate at the show.

Heck, in the MobileSyrup video, Jeff Gadway even said "we're working with many of the other popular social networking platforms as well, and they'll be in here at launch, but we're just previewing these two at the show".
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    01-15-12 02:13 PM
    No, of course not, why would we include that? That's something people actually use?

Typical RIM move
    Please, I for one am getting a little sick of theses "typical RIM" responses as if RIM deliberately left out a feature.just to in your corn flakes. If you had actually paid attention to any.of the videos you would have heard them say they are actively working on adding others. When accessing a third party's services it take two to tango. How do you know that it's not Facebook's side of things that is the hold up, or some technical issues that need to be addressed first.
    01-15-12 02:16 PM
    I can get facebook through the browser, I'm more concerned with google+. Think that will be the new social network frontier.
    01-15-12 02:20 PM
    I can get facebook through the browser, I'm more concerned with google+. Think that will be the new social network frontier.
    To be honest I was hoping for that too with regards to google+, but the adoption rate with my friends has been disappointing...seems like another pb. Another great product, but having trouble getting over the hump!
    01-15-12 02:23 PM
    I choose to believe that they will have fb and many of the other social sites at the time of release or shortly there after.

Have faith my brothers and sisters. Have faith.
    01-15-12 02:53 PM
    I had the same question on my Mind & asked them directly on their Twitter account..Here's what i got .

Also in the video interview with on engadget ..the RIM guy clearly mentions facebook will be there..
    01-15-12 03:46 PM
    They need to sort facebook out, period!

The app is crap, The full site isn't great through the browser.
    The best way i have found for facebook is using the mobile version through the google browser.

Back on topic they did say they would have all the sites available for the feb release. It will be nice to see if they can actually keep their word with this.
    01-15-12 05:03 PM
    Please, I for one am getting a little sick of theses "typical RIM" responses as if RIM deliberately left out a feature.just to in your corn flakes. If you had actually paid attention to any.of the videos you would have heard them say they are actively working on adding others. When accessing a third party's services it take two to tango. How do you know that it's not Facebook's side of things that is the hold up, or some technical issues that need to be addressed first.
    I should have been more specific - I was commenting on RIM's response to the music app having an EQ, which was essentially "I never use that, why would you?"

RIM has taken this approach for too long now. "We on the dev team would never use those features so nobody else must want them either"
    01-15-12 06:58 PM
    I should have been more specific - I was commenting on RIM's response to the music app having an EQ, which was essentially "I never use that, why would you?"

RIM has taken this approach for too long now. "We on the dev team would never use those features so nobody else must want them either"
    That has been Apples approach for a long time.

James
    01-15-12 08:14 PM

Then please accept my humble apologies.
    01-16-12 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD