RIM is offering $100 prepaid MC for existing blackberry customers who buy a playbook before Sept 22: USA/CANADA
    BlackBerry PlayBook Back-At-School Offer

RIM is offering $100 prepaid mastercard for existing blackberry customers who buy a playbook before Sept 22

With all the potential price cuts on BB PLAYBOOK, this is a way to make the deal even hotter;

BlackBerry PlayBook Back-At-School Offer

Check it out-my new BlackBerry PlayBook just scored me a $100 Prepaid MasterCard Card: http://www.blackberry.com/BlackBe...yBookOffer
    Check it out-my new BlackBerry PlayBook just scored me a $100 Prepaid MasterCard Card: http://www.blackberry.com/BlackBe...yBookOffer

EDIT: Repeat - For existing Blackberry Customers and not valid in province of Quebec, CANADA
    EDIT2: all the fine print for this offer here; http://www.blackberrybackatschool.co...Conditions.pdf
    Last edited by ainyul; 09-07-11 at 04:08 PM.
    09-07-11 03:39 PM
    They should send these cards to those that already have the PB for having put up with the lack of real support since RIM released it.

This just seems to dump even more salt in the open wounds us current PB owners have.

Just a thought..

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-07-11 at 11:57 PM.
    FF22, pelletizer, Cozmik and 7 others like this.
    09-07-11 03:44 PM
    cant complain thou. when i bought mine it cost me only $300
    09-07-11 04:03 PM
    Mine didn't cost me more than $350 when I pre-ordered it and received in the mail on April 19th.

I am happy with my purchase. Now if my wife wanted a tablet then maybe I would get another one but I am waiting for the next size RIM makes or a Playbook 3. I can wait.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 09-07-11 at 04:12 PM.
    09-07-11 04:10 PM
    Can you combine the BestBuy 100 bucks along with this one? So it'd be almost like 200 off? :O

Might as well pick one up for my sister.
    09-07-11 04:12 PM
    WOW!

BB phone user discount
    Staples discount

Just in time for OS2!
    09-07-11 04:43 PM
    Can you combine the BestBuy 100 bucks along with this one? So it'd be almost like 200 off? :O

Might as well pick one up for my sister.
    The Best Buy sale is over- I bought one Sunday.This offer is from Sept 7-22nd ONLY- I Just missed it!
    09-07-11 06:21 PM
    Good to know those of us who spent $499+ on release day are left holding an empty bag, and those who waited get it for nearly free.
    DonnyVantage likes this.
    09-07-11 07:27 PM
    Good to know those of us who spent $499+ on release day are left holding an empty bag, and those who waited get it for nearly free.
    Release product 101, if you wait longer after release, it's cheaper. Shocker...
    Delil, menaknow, Neely2005 and 2 others like this.
    09-07-11 07:30 PM
    They should send these card to those that already have the PB for having put up with the lack of real support since RIM released it.

This just seems to dump even more salt in the open wounds us current PB owners have.

Just a thought..

Tim
    Yes they should have.

At least Nintendo, when they dropped their prices on the 3DS, reached out to early adopters by offering them credits. RIM has the ability and the capacity to do a similar thing.

Heck, I would have been exstatic to see a "Thanks for being an early adopter" message that read, "We at RIM with to thank you for your purchase of the Playbook and for supporting us during its initial release. Please use this $10.00 credit on your BB ID towards the purchase of any apps as way of us saying thank you."

Something this small would have gone a long way to appease early adopters; help restore some of the faith amongst these individuals in regards to RIM's actions (or lack thereof); and hopefully help stem the tide of blatant hostility, negativity, and disbelief towards anything Playbook related.

While the $100 credit for new buyers is an awesome deal, forgetting your existing customers, who for all intents and purposes are the ones supporting the Playbook and the company, is downright shameful.
    DonnyVantage likes this.
    09-07-11 07:35 PM
    Usually when a product is released it's reasonably functional. Things are finally coming together right around now, and there's a 50% off sale and also a $100MC?

Must admit, it was nice as an early adopter to be first to play NFS and Tetris, and if you're lucky, send a couple messages over bridged BBM.
    09-07-11 07:40 PM
    You didn't read up on what the 50% off sale actually is at all did you...

The $100 is a special, timed promo that also requires owning another Blackberry product. These things happen... It's a temporary promo, not a price reduction.
    09-07-11 07:43 PM
    You didn't read up on what the 50% off sale actually is at all did you...
    I'm pretty sure it's a 50% off sale, which is exactly what I said. You get the product for 50% of the original cost. How much clearer can I be?

The $100 is a special, timed promo that also requires owning another Blackberry product. These things happen... It's a temporary promo, not a price reduction.
    Which most (granted, not all) Playbook owners including myself would have qualified for.

I never said it was a reduction, I never even implied it.
    09-07-11 07:47 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's a 50% off sale, which is exactly what I said. You get the product for 50% of the original cost. How much clearer can I be?

Which most (granted, not all) Playbook owners including myself would have qualified for.

I never said it was a reduction, I never even implied it.
    Urgent..we can't sell these blackberry play books to anyone that is not a business advantage customer. I was just informed I can't do this. I will talk to u tomorrow. This should not have been posted on your website I was told. I am very sorry.
    Most (almost all) customers are not eligible for this "sale"....
    09-07-11 07:53 PM
    Most (almost all) customers are not eligible for this "sale"....
    Oh, I suppose I should have been scanning all forum threads for something posted 10 minutes ago.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-07-11 07:56 PM
    Perhaps that's why you might have clued in when I said you didn't really read it, then you continued to argue instead...
    09-07-11 07:58 PM
    You could have been less vague, and, maybe, I don't know, given some supporting material.
    09-07-11 08:11 PM
    Yes they should have.

At least Nintendo, when they dropped their prices on the 3DS, reached out to early adopters by offering them credits. RIM has the ability and the capacity to do a similar thing.

Heck, I would have been exstatic to see a "Thanks for being an early adopter" message that read, "We at RIM with to thank you for your purchase of the Playbook and for supporting us during its initial release. Please use this $10.00 credit on your BB ID towards the purchase of any apps as way of us saying thank you."

Something this small would have gone a long way to appease early adopters; help restore some of the faith amongst these individuals in regards to RIM's actions (or lack thereof); and hopefully help stem the tide of blatant hostility, negativity, and disbelief towards anything Playbook related.

While the $100 credit for new buyers is an awesome deal, forgetting your existing customers, who for all intents and purposes are the ones supporting the Playbook and the company, is downright shameful.

When do you draw the line between a regular consumer and an early adopter? I purchased mine in June, am I an early adopter?
    09-07-11 08:43 PM
    I've actually been using my Playbook since release day, so I don't feel ripped off at all.
    09-07-11 09:37 PM
    Actually, no. When has Apple ever discounted the price of the iPad series? It should be half price by now by your reckoning... However, when I look at the price it's still $499 and up.

The truth of the matter is that tablets other than iPads just aren't selling right now. They're a luxury item of questionable function so with the economy and consumer confidence being as it is people just aren't buying. This back to school season was dismal so we're seeing the beginning of discounting to move inventory that is stuck in the channel.
    09-07-11 09:47 PM
    Hmmm how much is my increased productivity and the time I've used this tablet worth? More than $100 I believe... so do I feel cheated? Nope...
    Bisboxer likes this.
    09-07-11 11:23 PM
    I guess, we are really not discussing here about RIM cheated the "early buyers"... but rather, the appreciation of supporting their product at that early stage...

Who knows, the next time they will introduce new product, half-baked or not, people are going to remember how RIM is taking good care their first buyers...

But what happening now is, it seems that it is better to wait than to buy early...
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 09-08-11 at 06:20 AM.
    09-08-11 06:09 AM
    Actually, no. When has Apple ever discounted the price of the iPad series? It should be half price by now by your reckoning... However, when I look at the price it's still $499 and up.

The truth of the matter is that tablets other than iPads just aren't selling right now. They're a luxury item of questionable function so with the economy and consumer confidence being as it is people just aren't buying. This back to school season was dismal so we're seeing the beginning of discounting to move inventory that is stuck in the channel.
    iPad prices drop as iPad 2 approaches - CNN

I don't know what you don't understand..Technology doesn't increase in value. It's not an investment.
    09-08-11 07:55 AM
    I guess, we are really not discussing here about RIM cheated the "early buyers"... but rather, the appreciation of supporting their product at that early stage...

Who knows, the next time they will introduce new product, half-baked or not, people are going to remember how RIM is taking good care their first buyers...

But what happening now is, it seems that it is better to wait than to buy early...
    Yes,

I learned this after I was an early adopter for the BlackBerry Storm. Never again will I be an early adopter and guineau pig for RIM. Been waiting on a PlayBook price drop for a couple weeks now so I can jump on it.
    09-08-11 07:58 AM
    The Best Buy sale is over- I bought one Sunday.This offer is from Sept 7-22nd ONLY- I Just missed it!
    It's only Sep 9 how did you miss Sep 7 to 22nd?
    09-08-11 09:40 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD