Possible reasons:

1. The people leaving for other companies are actually really good at what they do, but RIM is keeping their talents suppressed, so the other companies are making excellent decisions, or
    2. The people leaving for other companies are terrible at what they do and the other companies are making horrible decisions.

My money is on some form of the first possibility.
    I cant see RIM letting good talent go with all thats going on, they might be weeding out dead weight, I sure cant see them Suppressing talent
    rutabox likes this.
    07-21-11 08:47 PM
    If you believe that RIM is in a state of denial about their current situation, as many do, then it should be more than possible that RIM would let good talent go because they would feel that they could get along just fine without them. Besides, if those leaving RIM are desperate to get away, I doubt there is much that RIM could do to keep them even if they wanted to.

Besides, if you can't see RIM letting good talent go, then why is it easy for you to see other companies picking up dead weight? Why would other companies be interested in hiring worthless employees?
    07-22-11 06:03 AM
    Looks like the OP was right if this article is correct...

Quoted from this article at InformationWeek Government: BlackBerry PlayBook Wins Security Clearance From Feds -- InformationWeekBlackBerry PlayBook Wins Security Clearance From Feds - government Blog

FIPS certification is required for devices to be used by the federal government. This clears the PlayBook for use by government agencies, and now means the PlayBook meets RIM's own stringent security requirements for features such as native email and contact management. (Some have speculated that the reason the PlayBook shipped without support for PIM management was due to missing security tokens.)
    07-22-11 03:41 PM
    Looks like the OP was right if this article is correct...

Quoted from this article at InformationWeek Government: BlackBerry PlayBook Wins Security Clearance From Feds -- InformationWeekBlackBerry PlayBook Wins Security Clearance From Feds - government Blog
    That article is probably referring to the OP, Inichols. That guy is the only one i heard talking about FIPS certification before native email and he was pounding the table for the rest of us to hear. Nice job!
    07-22-11 05:17 PM
    Maybe Samsung will be the one to buy RIM. They certainly like their staff.
    07-22-11 05:41 PM
    Excellent interview with Micheal K Brown of Blackberry's security team about .

This kind of puts into perspective why the Playbook is not trying to be the iPad. It clarifies, at least for me, RIM's actual goals, vision and objectives for this device. It explains implementing the Bridge and certifying the CryptoKernel. It also justifies how the Android player is implemented on the Playbook and exists as it's own stand-alone entity. I really like the direction in which RIM seems to be going.
    07-22-11 10:29 PM
    Maybe Samsung will be the one to buy RIM. They certainly like their staff.
    yuk yuk. theres a rock out there waiting for you, you know what to do.
    07-22-11 11:05 PM
    Only one question . What's Crypto Kernel? Sounds like something Superman would really not like....
    07-23-11 03:46 PM
    Maybe they have it backwards and it's Kernel Crypto?
    07-23-11 03:47 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD