04-06-11 07:09 PM
    i wonder if you will be able to add folders the way i can on my Torch?
    04-06-11 07:14 PM
    The BB supplemental article seems to say, only an APP can make a new directory in the sandbox. You must, however, be able to locate your file called 'War and peace or how I got divorced after buying a playbook" in the downloaded books section.
    It seems the user can define: File.documentsDirectory (appname)/shared/.... documents or whatever under the APP that the data was derived. For example you put all your videos in a video directory like: you-tube-vids/shared/video123 ....

Here is an overview of the BlackBerry� PlayBook™ application sandbox file system layout for the latest release 0.9.2
    Applications will be run in the directory we call "sandbox". Name of this directory is irrelevant and cannot be relied on. An application should not attempt to access any files outside of this directory. Sandbox is the default "working directory".

The structure is
    app
    data
    tmp
    logs
    shared

All except shared are app's private directories, only the app can read/write files there.
    The "app" directory is the link to where application files are installed (what was packaged in the bar file), these files are read only. For Adobe� AIR�, application files will be in subdirectory "air" (i.e. app/air/your_file). The private data directory is "data". Application has full access to this directory (read/write). The $HOME env var is set to this directory. To initiate the sandbox app may copy files from "app" to "data" (for example user modifiable config files) on the first run. The "tmp" directory can be used to create temporary files, application should take care of cleaning these files, but system may remove them at any time app is not running - so it cannot be used to persist data, only "data" directory should be used for this. The "logs" is used for development, application stdin and stdout is redirected to logs/log file, as well as "core" files will be created there if app crashes.

The "shared" is link to common location where all apps share files. It has the following structure:
    photos