Just wondered if anyone (who ordered a Playbook through a Rim employee) at the discount price......has received their playbooks as yet.

Or......do you even know.......have the employees even received the units yet themselves? Just wondered if anyone knows something. I ordered minethrough a friend who has a relative at rim so can't find out directly).

It's getting so close to Christmas and it would be nice to know they will be arriving to us in time for gifts.

Would be nice to know expected arrival of these units. I've had two other unit orders fall through when they were on sale for the 199.00.....last minute they cancelled my order.
    So frustrating waiting for just this one unit!!!!!

Thanks for any info you may have in this regard.:
    12-12-11 03:47 PM
    None delivered yet... everything still shows 'pending'
    12-12-11 04:26 PM
    i heard they will be delivered to them in 2-3 weeks.
    12-12-11 04:32 PM
    Yeah all my orders still show pending as well. The email the employees received after they placed the order said 2 weeks but we shall see how that plays out.

I have been told I should receive the playbook the latest by Dec 22nd. Hoping that its true, a lot of those are christmas presents.
    12-12-11 04:37 PM
    There was an internal email that said any orders placed by Dec 14, were guaranteed to be delivered by Dec 22. So hopefully the ones placed earlier should show up sooner (I'm hoping this week).
    12-12-11 04:50 PM
    I am waiting for my 64gb placed on the EPP.. still no PB.
    Thank goodness I have my 32 from FS.
    12-12-11 04:55 PM
    There was an internal email that said any orders placed by Dec 14, were guaranteed to be delivered by Dec 22. So hopefully the ones placed earlier should show up sooner (I'm hoping this week).
    Do we need more evidence of the ineptitude of Research In Motion's handling of anything related to the BlackBerry PlayBook. A delivery date of December 22 seems like an epic fail when you take into account employees were apparently allowed to purchase at reduced pricing for friends and family. Oh, someone give Mike and Jim a good smack upside the head with a spiked club and make sure the discipline is recorded. It is as though the company management wants the tablet to fail. For those waiting for these tablets I only hope the aggravation is worth the price.
    12-13-11 05:31 AM
    Same here still waiting for my 32 .....so if they have so many PB in inventory (as stated in the media), why would it take so long to get them as well most retail outlets are still out of stock?
    12-13-11 09:09 AM
    I had a friend order two 32gb's, and another friend order 5 64gbs. The first friend ordered them at 12:05am on the date that the sale started, and I received those two about 3 days later. The 5 64gb's were ordered at 10:00am on that same day but they have not shipped yet.

Fingers crossed they come soon.
    12-13-11 09:39 AM
    Well, rim and their promised timeline, always busted... 2 weeks means a month or two... Haven't u guys realised it yet? Don't know how they define : keeping a promise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-11 09:44 AM
    im sure rims just short playbooks because everyone else sold out and they are supposed to serve their real customers first. On the other hand i'd be glad to take 1 pb if there are any rim-mites here that want to send me a PM. Im in the KW area by RIM campus
    12-13-11 11:52 AM
    Maybe if RIM is listening, they should do what Rogers did when they screwed up shipping.
    They upgraded the orders:
    -Ordered a 16GB - received a 32GB.
    -Ordered a 32GB - received a 64GB.‬
    We're talking about employees here - shouldn't they deserve a little bit of respect.
    Must be great when they are telling all their friends, yeah I ordered my PB and I'm still waiting.
    Lesson #1 in Customer Service - turn a bad story into a good story.
    What they can also do is give them a tablet case for free, or something for all this waiting.
    Though the upgrade I think is their best option right now.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/any-news-rogers-employee-deals-662924/

12-13-11 12:35 PM
    Havent gotten mine yet, I know one person who had their's shipped. They said they would be delivered by the 22nd so it's hardly RIM screwing up that they havent sent them all out yet. They have another week before anyone should be getting angry.
    12-13-11 12:45 PM
    I recieved mine today! I asked my brother to order me one on November 29th and it was sitting on my desk at work this morning
    12-13-11 01:27 PM
    We ordered ours on Nov 29th and were told the next day we would have them on Dec 20th.
    So I am okay with that.
    Its a sweet deal...
    12-13-11 01:39 PM
    It didn't take long for people to start bashing RIM on timelines and broken promises eh?

Guys, give it a rest.

I got another 64GB via the promotion. Ordered on the November 24th and got it yesterday.

We will all get our Playbooks. This is not a invitation to take a dump on RIM just let people know if you got yours yet.
    pmccartney likes this.
    12-13-11 01:48 PM
    Does anyone know how the "employee" orders are delivered? Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, etc.???
    12-14-11 12:10 PM
    Mine arrived through FedEx.
    scrapy17 likes this.
    12-14-11 12:14 PM
    My friend ordered his 16GB Dec 1 and received it yesterday via FedEx. (his wife works at RIM)
    They ordered mine Dec 2. I hope it arrives today or tomorrow. I'll update the post when it does.
    12-14-11 01:30 PM
    I ordered mine on 2 separate orders, one on the 29th and one on the 30th. One order had 1-32, 1-64 and 1-16 and the other had 2-64, 1-32, 1-16. I received a package from Fedex yesterday but only received one 32 GB PlayBook. Hope the others arrive soon.
    12-14-11 01:34 PM
    I ordered mine on 2 separate orders, one on the 29th and one on the 30th. One order had 1-32, 1-64 and 1-16 and the other had 2-64, 1-32, 1-16. I received a package from Fedex yesterday but only received one 32 GB PlayBook. Hope the others arrive soon.
    You ordered 7 Playbooks through a RIM Employee? Perhaps you are in NC and are a RIM employee?
    12-14-11 01:40 PM
    You ordered 7 Playbooks through a RIM Employee? Perhaps you are in NC and are a RIM employee?

12-15-11 12:37 PM
    Ordered mine on Dec 2... Payment has been taken from my credit card and still no playbook.

12-15-11 01:10 PM
    Note received by (some) RIM Employees today

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Order Delivery Update
    We sold a tremendous number of BlackBerry PlayBook tablets during the recent RIM EPP promotion and we want you to know we have been shipping orders around the clock to get them to you in time for the holidays. All orders placed by December 14 are being shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service and will be shipped from our warehouse by December 21, for delivery by December 23, 2011.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    12-15-11 03:00 PM
    Fed ex has confirmed that a bundle of playbooks my brother in law ordered are coming in tomorrow. I am having mine, brought out west on an airplane this weekend, if my sister can get the package and get to the airport on time for the flight.

Not a big deal either way to me but I am pretty sure to have it early next week at the latest. Thought you might want the update.
    12-15-11 06:30 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD