RIM Please don't spend $$$ on advertising Or a 10" PlayBook. Spend those millions to Skype and Netflix. Tell them you would pay for those apps. In the long run you will c a spike in sales. A LOT of people wont purchase this PlayBook due to the lack of Skype or Netflix NOT because the lack of screen size or advertising. Fix the main issue. Why have we not heard anything from RIM about this issue???...If RIM wont take "ACTION", The only way we will get Skype is that if "US" 70 Million Blackberry users delete our accounts, only then will Skype see we make up a good % and think twice (I'm Down)... Anyone else feel the frustration???.... A 10' tablet with the same issue as the 7" WHY WOULD U BUY IT ???? U need those "Tools" to succeed RIM.
    04-23-12 11:59 PM
    What is the big deal with Skype and Netflix??????

Netflix can be played on a whole host of hardware..... as for Skype... hardly a game changer for any tablet... Yes it is convenient but hardly a must have..... ( only my opinion ) ..... seems more a case of others having something we do not....

The question I have posed in the past... if netflix and skype came on the "something wonderful" day on Tuesday what apps will people now decide the Playbook needs to be a decent tablet.... it will be something....

I too have a wish list.... Dungeon Hunter is at the top... I do not wine because gameloft has not ported it to the PB..... I choose the adult way.... have patience and realize it may not come........
    alnamvet68 and kozmo68 like this.
    04-24-12 12:42 AM
    People need to get over it. Those apps arent on there now and they may never be. If I were RIM I would never pay that money. First the PB was too much money, then we needed email, now we need skype and netflix. What are you going to post if the PB gets those apps. Mine is perfect the way it is and is only going to get better.

"According to a survey by Nielsen in July, 2011, 42% of all Netflix users make use of a stand-alone computer to connect to Netflix, 25% do so by using the Nintendo Wii, 14% by connecting their computers to a TV, 13% make use of a PlayStation 3 and 12% use an Xbox 360."

So if people arent even using iOS devices enough for this Nielsen study why are people so bent on it being on the PB. Get over it or move on. There are much more interesting things to talk about. Gameplay 1.2 looks like it could be groud-breaking. Netflix must love the fact that some people act lik its a neccessity.

There are already other options to Skype, again, get over it move on or find an alternative. I'd like to see a study on how many people actually videochat with skype. My solution was to buy my parents a playbook. I think its going to be a great long term investment.
    04-24-12 12:42 AM
    OP is being sarcastic. The 30-40 pages of his last thread probably wasn't enough for him.

As F2 would probably say, "let's dance again"

Of course, if you have time to waste
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-24-12 at 01:00 AM.
    04-24-12 12:57 AM
    May be Skype is not the issue but not having a cross-platform video chat is. Neither MSN’s nor Yahoo Messenger’s video chat work with Playbook. RIM should do something to get the basic needs done before investing money on another device.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    04-24-12 01:07 AM
    I'm beginning to understand why RIM is not bothered bout what we have to say..
    04-24-12 01:12 AM
    There are already other options to Skype, again, get over it move on or find an alternative. I'd like to see a study on how many people actually videochat with skype. My solution was to buy my parents a playbook. I think its going to be a great long term investment.
    • ~700-800 million users (for comparison, there are about 2.2-2.4 billion of people with access to the Internet)
    • 20-40 million concurrent users online at any given time
    • 150-200 billion minutes of Skype to Skype calls a year
    • 10-15 billion SkypeOut minutes (calls to phones)
    • 20-35% of the entire international call market share (including cellphone carriers)
    • 35% of Skype users utilize it for business purposes

Hhhm. Not a big deal.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-24-12 at 01:41 AM.
    EWY, JasW, cdelcampo216 and 1 others like this.
    04-24-12 01:27 AM
    Who uses netflix?

Dropbox, congrats now you have EVERY movie available instead of being constrained to whatever terrible selection they want you to have, while paying for it...
    04-24-12 01:50 AM
    OP is being sarcastic. The 30-40 pages of his last thread probably wasn't enough for him.

As F2 would probably say, "let's dance again"

Of course, if you have time to waste
    1st off why do u always have to jump on my back????... Fyi u have 1600 post's I have 90, might I add that I don't use netflix but I have been asked can I play it? People really r turned away when they ask skype, netflix? And u respond no. My buddy who I told to get a playbook now says his wife is getting deployed and does it have skype? No get another playbook. He said I'm hustling him lol it needs skype I could careless what u have 2 say. All my posts have received likes :P
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    04-24-12 01:53 AM
    • ~700-800 million users (for comparison, there are about 2.2-2.4 billion of people with access to the Internet)
    • 20-40 million concurrent users online at any given time
    • 150-200 billion minutes of Skype to Skype calls a year
    • 10-15 billion SkypeOut minutes (calls to phones)
    • 20-35% of the entire international call market share (including cellphone carriers)
    • 35% of Skype users utilize it for business purposes

Hhhm. Not a big deal.
    This does not say anything for playbook. Some of these users will continue to use what they currently have. So if rim has to pay for it might not be worth it.
    04-24-12 02:09 AM
    People need to get over it. Those apps arent on there now and they may never be. If I were RIM I would never pay that money. First the PB was too much money, then we needed email, now we need skype and netflix. What are you going to post if the PB gets those apps. Mine is perfect the way it is and is only going to get better.

"According to a survey by Nielsen in July, 2011, 42% of all Netflix users make use of a stand-alone computer to connect to Netflix, 25% do so by using the Nintendo Wii, 14% by connecting their computers to a TV, 13% make use of a PlayStation 3 and 12% use an Xbox 360."

So if people arent even using iOS devices enough for this Nielsen study why are people so bent on it being on the PB. Get over it or move on. There are much more interesting things to talk about. Gameplay 1.2 looks like it could be groud-breaking. Netflix must love the fact that some people act lik its a neccessity.

Don't get me wrong I love my playbook and what's funny is I HATE NETFLIX lol under new movies I saw dr do little. R U serious???? And that was in for me and netflix ha. But it's a demand and NO1 wants an alternative that's the worst thing u could tell a customer....every1 I have showed this playbook has asked if u can get stuff like skype?. My own neighbor was blown away by it,he is from Pakistan guess what was his 1st question...it's a must and without it u r doomed.... U need to know when to give in. This is why rim is falling they need to read that book "who moved the cheese?" I'm telling u RIM needs skype, because people with no experience with a tablet WILL ask " cool can u do stuff like skype?..... Again I LOVE my playbook and happy just the way it is BUT RIM needs to follow with the demand of consumers...typing on this playbook is not easy lol.
    04-24-12 02:12 AM
    This does not say anything for playbook. Some of these users will continue to use what they currently have. So if rim has to pay for it might not be worth it.
    The question is not about some of the current users, but about potential buyers. Would having Skype help sell more units?
    04-24-12 02:13 AM
    1st off why do u always have to jump on my back????... Fyi u have 1600 post's I have 90, might I add that I don't use netflix but I have been asked can I play it? People really r turned away when they ask skype, netflix? And u respond no. My buddy who I told to get a playbook now says his wife is getting deployed and does it have skype? No get another playbook. He said I'm hustling him lol it needs skype I could careless what u have 2 say. All my posts have received likes :P
    Look, you've got another like So predictable

Anyway, thanks for the very well structured comment, but I really don't understand how I always jump on your back. So you must be under the impression that the hundreds of people who commented in your threads are always stalking you?

Can't comment on the rest. Didn't quite get the point, if there is any.

As for your original post, read it again. Were you not being sarcastic? Were you not trying to inflame the same debate that we had in your other thread before it was closed? If you answered "no" to these questions, then my sincere apologies.

By the way, the person who liked your post also expressed his or her dissatisfaction with the thread that was closed and his or her comment was pretty close to my post that you seem to have disliked. Interesting world we live in.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-24-12 at 02:23 AM.
    04-24-12 02:19 AM
    Look, you've got another like So predictable

Anyway, thanks for the very well structured comment, but I really don't understand how I always jump on your back. So you must be under the impression that the hundreds of people who commented in your threads are always stalking you?

Can't comment on the rest. Didn't quite get the point, if there is any.

As for your original post, read it again. Were you not being sarcastic? Were you not trying to inflame the same debate that we had in your other thread before it was closed? If you answered "no" to these questions, then my sincere apologies.
    All I have to say is u responded is less then 3 mind u joined Crackberry a Lil over a year ago and u have 1600 post's. That's embarrassing... Get a life
    04-24-12 02:23 AM
    Been down this road enough, it's going nowhere -- just like the last 20 "Netflix, Skype" threads.
    04-24-12 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD