IT seems not 2 days goes by without yahoo news talking about how RIM is failing everything.
    Everytime theres a news to bring us down and PUT doubt IN bb users.
    Lately rim is part of the 5 brands that will disappear...
    then rim shares...
    then rim playbook failure...
    then they say bb users want ipads...( like were gonna believe that)
    then maybe us govt wont use bb anymore..and so on . im missing tons i know.
    Flash news . MR. PRESIDENT OF U.S. "OBAMA "fought to keep his blackberry
    just a reminder.

thought what they don't say is the following...

playbook and blackberry users are very satisfied with their devices
    we do not want ipads
    and the most important is this ...

BB USERS IN 2010: 50 millions world wide

BB USERS IN 2011: 70 millions world wide.

wait the number is going up....

mmmmmmmmmmm

now someone is playing a dirty game..

I THINK SONEONE IS SCARED. GUESS WHO ????????

*and thats my personal opinion...
    aren't u kinda FED UP.
    Last edited by gladiatorofyale; 12-15-11 at 12:09 AM.
    12-15-11 12:03 AM
    where do u find the figure though?dont get me wrong i am a bb fan
    12-15-11 12:49 AM
    i get what youre saying about them bashing/making bs about RIM, but what do you mean about someone being scared? You cant be talking about apple right?
    12-15-11 12:51 AM
    Take a look at this (attached. Source: Android leads US market share, iOS may have stopped growing, RIM is still falling -- Engadget).

The number of BlackBerry phones is growing in non-North-America markets.

However, note that the number of BBs may be growing but I suspect the growth relative to other phone manufacturers/platforms may actually be pretty modest even in non-America markets.

Besides, no one is playing dirty games except for RIM themselves. The situation they are currently in ($14 a share vs $70 in the beginning of the year) is fully the management's responsibility.
    Attached Thumbnails RIM IN DANGER "again"-npd-us-smartphone-os-oct2011.jpg  
    12-15-11 01:01 AM
    yeah im getting sick of hearing stupid people talk cr@p about the BB playbook. I love this device and anyone I show it to falls in love with it too. My gf and I both currently have Android phones and are switching to Blackberries. Before our Androids we both had iPhones. We both where just not happy with either devices. We both fell in love with BB. There amazing. I dont care what anyone says. I admit BB does have a few issues they need to fix. Iphone does have so many apps. But really...how many of them are useful??? wow an app where i can pretend to drink a beer...hmmm stupid. I found myself downloading all these apps and just not using them. BB has stuff that is actually useful for me. Just my opinion though. And im almost think Apple is paying these companies and media to give BB a bad name cuz BB is a threat to them. How is a BB phone or the Playbook not cool or useful??? Frig i dont know about everyone else, but I can barely put the friggen thing down
    12-15-11 02:01 AM
    I was waiting for Boy Genius Report to jump on the fact that RIM's stock was at its lowest since 2004. I guess they're waiting until later today when RIM announces their Q3 results, which might not be that great, because if there is anything that site loves, it's a good BlackBerry bashing. It's really annoying and almost unbelievable the way the media treats BlackBerrys, the PlayBook, and RIM in general. I'm typing this on my PlayBook right now, as my 9900 is charging next to me, and my 9810 sits in my drawer. I think the PlayBook has picked up steam with all the sales, and with February and OS 2.0 really just around the corner, I'm hoping RIM markets the sh1t out of their OS7 devices and the PlayBook. I understand that we now live in an app-obsessed world, I don't know how it happened, I personally have like 6 apps on my iPod Touch and like 15 on my PlayBook, and another 10, max., on my Bold and Torch.

The Android App Player is what will save the PlayBook, as well as the native email and calendar. (weird how everyone that doesn't own a PlayBook b1tches about the lack of calendar and email, right? Maybe because they'd be interested in it if it had them?) For the record, the Bridge email on my PlayBook blows iOS5 email out of the water. No one with an iOS device can honestly say that their device does email or messaging as a whole, better than a BlackBerry. As soon as we get the Amazon Kindle app, Netflix, and a couple other of the apps we don't have now, the PlayBook will be the best buy for the money. Shoot, I'm still not sorry that I paid $599 for my 32GB back in May...money well spent, I say--and it's only going to get better.

Since RIM's been in such grravvvve danger, I have bought my 9900, my 9810, 2 OEM cases for my PlayBook, the OEM charging pod for it, an OEM car charger, and 2 OEM cases for my 9900. RIM stock might not be flying high like it once was, but I still spend money on their products, and will continue to buy their phones and tablets as long as they keep making them. I've never had anything worse than a creaky battery door on ANYTHING I have bought from RIM, and I'm on my 12th new BlackBerry model. Sure I picked up an iPod touch, maybe I'll get an iPad3, but it will be a cold day in h3ll before I use an Android or iPhone over a BlackBerry, and after seeing what RIM did in 10 months in developing the PlayBook? I'll definitely be getting future versions of RIM's tablet, because I love this thing, love the company, I just would also love for them to step their marketing game up, so that others could fall in love with their products like we have.
    Last edited by SK122387; 12-15-11 at 02:58 AM.
    12-15-11 02:54 AM
    I like living in the danger zone myself; picked up an additional 1000 shares of RIMM at $14.80/share, rounding out my holdings to an even 1500 shares. Here's hoping for a 3 for 1 stock split before February, and a tsunami of shock and awe when 2.0 and BBX phones get launched, and the ensuing ubiquity that will be RIMM/BB/PB.
    12-15-11 03:58 AM
    Buying RIM stocks like crazy. Apple and Google's little negative viral marketing campaign is failing. Everybody is switching to or coming back to BB these days. It's a blackberry epidemic.

I wonder if motorola is going to force apple to pull their iphones off the shelf? Scary times for apple lie ahead. While RIM's future looks bright, 2012 will be a great year for RIM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-15-11 04:38 AM
    i thought u were refering to the 2 rim executives that were drunker than a skunk that had to be restrained on a first class flite and caused the flite to land elswhere and both were fired and have to pay the hundreds of thousands the delay caused.it was on cbc the other day.thats publicity they dont need
    12-15-11 04:55 AM
    I was waiting for Boy Genius Report to jump on the fact that RIM's stock was at its lowest since 2004. I guess they're waiting until later today when RIM announces their Q3 results, which might not be that great, because if there is anything that site loves, it's a good BlackBerry bashing. It's really annoying and almost unbelievable the way the media treats BlackBerrys, the PlayBook, and RIM in general. I'm typing this on my PlayBook right now, as my 9900 is charging next to me, and my 9810 sits in my drawer. I think the PlayBook has picked up steam with all the sales, and with February and OS 2.0 really just around the corner, I'm hoping RIM markets the sh1t out of their OS7 devices and the PlayBook. I understand that we now live in an app-obsessed world, I don't know how it happened, I personally have like 6 apps on my iPod Touch and like 15 on my PlayBook, and another 10, max., on my Bold and Torch.

The Android App Player is what will save the PlayBook, as well as the native email and calendar. (weird how everyone that doesn't own a PlayBook b1tches about the lack of calendar and email, right? Maybe because they'd be interested in it if it had them?) For the record, the Bridge email on my PlayBook blows iOS5 email out of the water. No one with an iOS device can honestly say that their device does email or messaging as a whole, better than a BlackBerry. As soon as we get the Amazon Kindle app, Netflix, and a couple other of the apps we don't have now, the PlayBook will be the best buy for the money. Shoot, I'm still not sorry that I paid $599 for my 32GB back in May..
    this is so false.the app player is a bandaid.its a cry for help.its stating our os has such poor app suport we need outside help.if qnx had a decent browser with importable bookmarks and sync like firefox that would help tbier browser is crap now.the bookmarks are embarising.if it had email and autocorect and a few other key features out of the box it would have stood a chance.the limited app playervwith apps borowd from droid is not a fix.its a desperate cry
    12-15-11 05:04 AM
    and yes u have only 6 apps on your itouch and 10 on your pb because out of the box the itouch is more complete and doesnt need 10 apps to do what it takes on the pb.i have prob 6 apps on my itouch and it does wayyyyy more than the pb.skype,textplus,a decent browser are just a few
    12-15-11 05:09 AM
    and yes u have only 6 apps on your itouch and 10 on your pb because out of the box the itouch is more complete and doesnt need 10 apps to do what it takes on the pb.i have prob 6 apps on my itouch and it does wayyyyy more than the pb.skype,textplus,a decent browser are just a few
    But you fail to appreciate what's going on in these forums gene, the fact that nobody here really cares what you think...this is a Blackberry forum, just in case you missed the sign board hanging on the marquee entrance.
    12-15-11 05:41 AM
    But you fail to appreciate what's going on in these forums gene, the fact that nobody here really cares what you think...this is a Blackberry forum, just in case you missed the sign board hanging on the marquee entrance.
    ^^^ that there seals the deal........ couldnt have said it any better.....
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-15-11 05:45 AM
    Where are the bouncers?
    12-15-11 06:11 AM
    haha ok i see how it is here.if the post i refered to compared the itouch in a neg way and thats ok but i refer it in a pos way and im the bad guy haha what a place.
    saudiben likes this.
    12-15-11 06:14 AM
    and i must add sum must care what i think as ive only made a few posts in my short time hereand i have 6 likez and a thank haha.not to bad i must say
    12-15-11 06:18 AM
    and i must add sum must care what i think as ive only made a few posts in my short time hereand i have 6 likez and a thank haha.not to bad i must say
    And if any of us go in the android section and only post android is buggy and not secure and they track everything you do. Blackberry is much better you all better switch.

Or in the apple section and only post apple is too locked down and doesn't allow you to use your device like you want to. They make you conform and you need apps to the most basic things you can do without apps on other platforms. Better to switch to blackberry.

Are we gong to be welcome? I doubt it.
    Zirak likes this.
    12-15-11 07:22 AM
    yeah im getting sick of hearing stupid people talk cr@p about the BB playbook. I love this device and anyone I show it to falls in love with it too. My gf and I both currently have Android phones and are switching to Blackberries. Before our Androids we both had iPhones. We both where just not happy with either devices. We both fell in love with BB. There amazing. I dont care what anyone says. I admit BB does have a few issues they need to fix. Iphone does have so many apps. But really...how many of them are useful??? wow an app where i can pretend to drink a beer...hmmm stupid. I found myself downloading all these apps and just not using them. BB has stuff that is actually useful for me. Just my opinion though. And im almost think Apple is paying these companies and media to give BB a bad name cuz BB is a threat to them. How is a BB phone or the Playbook not cool or useful??? Frig i dont know about everyone else, but I can barely put the friggen thing down
    i agree with you!!! apple does have that kind of money to pay press, you cant even watch a tv without see a comercial from apple or some app available on iphone and another smartphones but they dont mention blackberry even if blackberry has the app too , some times you can see ( avaliable on iphone and android) but the word iphone comes always first and not android or blackberry even if they do have the app, so what does that? people hear iphone even in their sleep so thats why they become to think apple is the solution, i do recognize is some job to do in the apps department but is not like they dont have any, my thing is, press has been doing the dirty job and make sure if even after all that marketin and commercials, train stations,bus and even billboards( at least here in new york) if someone out there still dont know witch phone should buy and when they do want some research to make a decision, then press has it set up already for apple with bad reviews for those, and most of them just fall for that one!! im a happy playbook owner and if someone out there is reading this to make a decision all i ask you is just give the playbook a shot, i guaranted you after a while you will love it, dont fall for bad reviews without try it yourself
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-15-11 07:33 AM
    Cry me a river, I didn't see anyone complaining when RIM was the top dog in the Smartphone market and the media was heaping praise on them for many years. It's a double edge sword and RIM only has itself to blame. It's not the media that's causing RIM to consistantly miss deadlines and then underdeliver. It's not the media that's missing sales forecasts and having to heavily discount their tablet to finally get people to buy it in significant numbers and it's certainly not the media that's causing a lack of compelling products with the strong marketing to back it up.

Yeah, they are technically growing if you look at it strickly from a number of users standpoint, but that's because the overall smartphone market is still growing. Their share of the market is half of what it used to be. That inverse relationship is not sustainable long-term because eventually the smartphone market is going to stabilize and RIM's growth is going to hit a hard wall and start declining.

And just because this is a BlackBerry forum, doesn't mean we should just pretend as though all is great with this brand. I love BBs, I have one, support them at work and I can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 superphone, but shame on us if we pretend that all is right and somehow it's the media's fault for RIM's fall from grace. There is a difference between being a troll and simply wanting RIM to do better by calling them out on where they are failing.
    12-15-11 07:38 AM
    All is not great....some of us have just had it with the constant reminders posted by the same usual suspects, day in and day out.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-15-11 07:47 AM
    It appears that some would like a private thread where hair brained conspiratorial theories go unchallenged. Kinda weird.
    12-15-11 07:50 AM
    I totally agree with you. Rim will come back despite its problems
    12-15-11 08:05 AM
    Cry me a river, I didn't see anyone complaining when RIM was the top dog in the Smartphone market and the media was heaping praise on them for many years. It's a double edge sword and RIM only has itself to blame. It's not the media that's causing RIM to consistantly miss deadlines and then underdeliver. It's not the media that's missing sales forecasts and having to heavily discount their tablet to finally get people to buy it in significant numbers and it's certainly not the media that's causing a lack of compelling products with the strong marketing to back it up.

Yeah, they are technically growing if you look at it strickly from a number of users standpoint, but that's because the overall smartphone market is still growing. Their share of the market is half of what it used to be. That inverse relationship is not sustainable long-term because eventually the smartphone market is going to stabilize and RIM's growth is going to hit a hard wall and start declining.

And just because this is a BlackBerry forum, doesn't mean we should just pretend as though all is great with this brand. I love BBs, I have one, support them at work and I can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 superphone, but shame on us if we pretend that all is right and somehow it's the media's fault for RIM's fall from grace. There is a difference between being a troll and simply wanting RIM to do better by calling them out on where they are failing.
    True RIM has done it to themselves. I assume RIM knows this. They are in a transition period but no one cares about that. It all comes down to $$$ and what have you done for me yesterday.

I just hope they pull out of it. If not I guess I'll have to learn to at least tolerate what I don't care for.
    12-15-11 08:15 AM
    All is not great....some of us have just had it with the constant reminders posted by the same usual suspects, day in and day out.
    Yeah, there are some who seem to get an intense pleasure on being negative on RIM, but you have options. You can either actively choose not to read the posts and threads of those people, or you can add them to your ignore list so that you don't even see what they are posting.
    Lhendr likes this.
    12-15-11 08:29 AM
    True RIM has done it to themselves. I assume RIM knows this. They are in a transition period but no one cares about that. It all comes down to $$$ and what have you done for me yesterday.

I just hope they pull out of it. If not I guess I'll have to learn to at least tolerate what I don't care for.
    The problem is they don't have any credibility. Everyone knows they are in the middle of a transition, but they don't have any credibility because they consistantly keep underperforming and are not meeting deadlines. At this point RIM is doing probably the best thing they can, which is to stay silent because everytime one of the Co-CEOs opens their mouth, they find some way to stick their foot futher down their throat.
    kbz1960 and peter9477 like this.
    12-15-11 08:36 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD