I bought my PlayBook the week it was released and had no problems until a few weeks ago when it started acting up (wifi issues and one dead pixel I was prepared to live with ) I called support and they walked me thru some trouble shooting but it was unrepairable at home so I was asked to send it in..The RMA box arrived within 48 hours, and I sent it back to them last Thursday afternoon and yesterday (Monday) morning the same familiar box was delivered by FedEx! That was fast! I opened it up and noticed it had the screen sticker on it with the hand gesture pictures (like a new one) And I felt the power button which was raised (mine had been flush) I turned it on.. And no dead pixel!! They gave me a new one!! So I guess the point is, they were super fast,really nice and easy to get ahold of (we communicated by emails) and they sent a new one back instead of making me wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 09:40 AM
    I feel like you got off lucky I've heard some ****ty RMA stories. I'm glad though, gives me some hope that if **** ever hits the fan with mine RIM will fix it for me, or they better...
    09-20-11 09:50 AM
    Thanks for posting. Seems the negative experiences get all the attention. I guess it's the same with any business. I have had to call them twice and both times they have met or exceeded expectations.
    Just wonder why your post wasn't in the poll format that seems so popular lately.

09-20-11 10:01 AM
    Stupid question for you, but what phone number did you call? The only number I have been able to find, they charge you upfront for the call and I can't see paying 50 bucks for them to tell me what I already know, that the memory on my unit is crap and it needs to be replaced.
    09-20-11 10:09 AM
    playbook support rocks, i called them once and they solved my problem and tracked it, is better than dell, hp support.
    09-20-11 11:44 AM
    lucky you! i got the playbook on April 19th 10am at best buy & after2 months got 1 dead pixel and when i set brightness to high, i observe gloomy patches on dark colors. wish i was in US to replace

anyhow i love it & loving more since i used samsung tab 10.1 yesterday which unfortunately lags a lot! google has tweaking to do with transitions
    09-20-11 12:22 PM
    I've had two PBs and both units function have been/was perfect (traded up from a 16 to a 32). As a result, I've not had to make any calls to BB support services.
    09-20-11 12:28 PM
    I've had two PBs and both units function have been/was perfect (traded up from a 16 to a 32). As a result, I've not had to make any calls to BB support services.
    Same here - out of the box from Best Buy - 4 months and not a single issue - only a scare when I let the battery run down and I had to come in here to find out about the three button reset - the first OS would not charge the battery unless the OS was booted.

They fixed that on the very next OS release.
    09-20-11 12:42 PM
    you were lucky, thats all i have to say
    09-20-11 04:30 PM
    i had a great experience with cs. i had a problem after owning my pb for three months. i called cs. they gave me the option to get an advance exchange. they sent a replacement and i sent mine back in the box the replacement camd in. i was never without a pb. btw couple of months later and it still works.
    09-20-11 04:53 PM
    you were lucky, thats all i have to say

Seriously...there are times when it's best to say nothing.
    09-20-11 06:15 PM
    I don't know about luck. Judging by all the rebates and sale prices, and holding finished features back for a 2.0 release in hopes of getting a second-look review, it's obvious RIM is trying to develop an install base. It doesn't do much good to offer all those deals if you lose your current install base by shutting them out when they have a problem. At this point in its lifespan, it's probably better for RIM to just replace the unit and keep the current customers as content as possible. It may not have been the policy all along, but it could be now.
    09-20-11 07:42 PM
    Excellent news.

09-20-11 08:05 PM
    Well I just noticed that people who are happy with RIM and/or their playbooks don't post as much as the unhappy people (just like anything else) so I just wanted to let everybody know how easy my fix was and how stellar the service from RIM CS was! I was happily surprised!!

09-20-11 11:58 PM
    Good to hear it went well. I think the progress that has been made with their cs has been exceptional.
    09-21-11 12:07 AM
    glad to know RIM has your back.

I value customer service above all and makes me feel reassured that should anything goes wrong, I can rely on a good experience.
    09-21-11 12:29 AM
    this same thing happened to me too! I was so impressed with RIM's turnaround and that they just gave me a brand new device, and I'm guessing listened to customers complain about the raised power button and implemented a fix. I'd rather pay them the $20 a month I pay for the BIS add-on than T-Mobile
    09-21-11 02:12 AM
    I had the dead pixel problem as well. Sent the an email, they responded very quickly and I received a shipping box in 48 hours to return the playbook. In about a week I received a new (most likely referb) one fedex with the power button nice and raised (even height with the speaker buttons). So far its running great! Good job BB!
    09-21-11 04:50 AM
    To OP, congratz...

(just a thought: I probably contacting wrong support )
    09-21-11 09:05 AM
    BlackBerry� Customer Support Center
    Canada: 1-877-644-8405
    USA: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico: 1-855-651-4936
    [email protected]

Infiniti14 likes this.
    09-21-11 09:26 AM
    That's the contact info I used..

09-22-11 01:40 AM
    i had a great experience with the RMA people. i was given a playbook in vacation and the first day i had the thing the screen had stopped working. called them up and the next day i had my replacement unit. they call me from time to time just to see if im satisfied with the new device. now thats some great service!
    09-22-11 01:58 AM
    Its so good hearing about people being happy with any customer experience. I work in retail at a telco and all you here about is the bad stuff.

Ive only just sent bb an email about the dead pixels on my screen. Hopefully I'll get the same outcome as you
    09-22-11 02:20 AM
    I have had to deal with RIM's custom support a few times lately, 4times with PB and twice with 9700. Each and every time it has been nothing but a great. I got one new PB shipped and the others times they walked me through everything. If they didnt know the answer right then they would call me back and 90% of the time was within the hour. When they sent me the new one it was because my original would not take the very first update. we talked and emailed for about 3days on the issue before they told me to send it in. They paid for shipping both to and from. RIM customer support is defiantly the best i have EVER dealt with.
    nova_8 likes this.
    09-22-11 06:59 AM
    I had to speak to BB support last week due to my PB wouldn't turn on my 2nd playbook. They were great on trying to find a couple solutions. Then they told me to plug it into your desktop manager and re-install the os to fix the issue. The lady was very nice and even emailed me 2 days later to make sure everything was running back to normal.
    09-22-11 07:31 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD