I have a total of 3 Playbooks in my home and have been a Blackberry user since they first came out....I have a museum in my office of a 15 different models as I have upgraded through the years.

I bought 2 new Playbooks at the recent sale price, and purchases a 32 gig unit the day they came out back in April.

I love them....however!! The original Playbook came with a few dead pixels...not a big deal, and to me, not worth waiting for a repair. The other issue is the video camera...it pauses for about 3 - 5 seconds at the very beginning of every video recording I try. Customer Service back in May said....try upgrading to the new software update and try again. I did, same issue. I called back 2 additional times and received the same direction...new software coming out...try again. Now i have upgraded to OS 2, and the issue remains.

I use my PB daily, hourly...I don't feel its acceptable to have to wait for them to send me an empty box, and then wait another who knows how long to receive a repaired PB.

How much more of a loyal customer does one have to be to get replacement service...the unit is BROKE!!
    12-02-11 08:46 AM
    Every post I have read on here about an exchange, the user had the unit back (or new unit in most cases) in a day or two... Give RIM a chance to fix it... I understand their customer service has been exceptional on the Playbook...
    12-02-11 09:01 AM
    May be a little late but just got off the phone with RIM
    They are sending a box to ship it out with and will have it repaired or replaced no questions asked within 10 business days and all shipping and handling is on their dime.

Thoroughly impressed, unlike i have been in the past with Apple and Monster Audio
    05-04-12 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD