Now one, or blog can say anything wrong about the PB if the next update is a biggie. With every feature that everyone has asked for (reasonable ones of course) I dont care if its released as apps or what ever.

In order for RIM toweather this storm and come back better and stronger, they must be bold, and cram as many features as possible.. Its better to make no profit, then no business at all. Gain mindshare, praise with customer and blog reviews and everything else would fall into place.

I know, we have so many threads with whining an all, but I really like RIM. I dont wonna be forced to use any other platform. For some reason, I think there going to come up short..
    09-21-11 11:42 AM
    Now one, or blog can say anything wrong about the PB if the next update is a biggie. With every feature that everyone has asked for (reasonable ones of course) I dont care if its released as apps or what ever.

In order for RIM toweather this storm and come back better and stronger, they must be bold, and cram as many features as possible.. Its better to make no profit, then no business at all. Gain mindshare, praise with customer and blog reviews and everything else would fall into place.

I know, we have so many threads with whining an all, but I really like RIM. I dont wonna be forced to use any other platform. For some reason, I think there going to come up short..
    I haven't seen one PB on the train, in the city or in my office. I just wonder who is buying them? I work in Manhattan and see iPads everywhere...the train ride in the morning, in the Starbucks on the street corners, on my co-workers desks and of course in the hands of our MD's. Our company has been rolling out the ipad to the senior mgrs. I just haven't seen the PB penetrate the market. I think 2.0 is too little too late. PB is so far behind the curve and the brand has badly damaged.
    09-21-11 11:55 AM
    I haven't seen anyone use a Tablet, period. I see laptops and Netbooks, but no tablets. I dont live in a major city though.
    09-21-11 12:02 PM
    If the Android App Player works good, then I believe the PB has a chance. I personally got the Blackberry cause of QNX and the ability to run Android apps. So I praying that the app player does wonders or I believe we are doomed.
    09-21-11 12:17 PM
    LETS FACE IT THE PLAYBOOK WAS RELEASED VERY LATE AND VERY UNFINISHED WHICH EQUALS.......BAD SALES. Reguardless of what is done to correct the problem it is to LATE. I think RIM needs to cut prices and break even. I've already accepeted my Playbook as a loss .
    09-21-11 12:56 PM
    i think if they cram it with features AND lower the price (assuming they are not going to release new hardware), that will be a step in the right direction.
    09-21-11 01:14 PM
    I haven't seen anyone use a Tablet, period. I see laptops and Netbooks, but no tablets. I dont live in a major city though.
    I take my PB to work and read email, browse the web, listen to music and read books (PDF reader sucks btw). My BB Torch sits there unopened and I just use it as a modem.

Most people who wander by my desk say how impressed they are by the PB - sharp display, solid build, "just right" for size, etc - I've never heard a bad word said about the PB, and I have good ears! LOL

Some of the admiring crowd admit to owning an iPad which they go on to say that they leave at home because "it's too big to carry around".

So the PB does have many plus points which I hope OS2 will only enhance.

I agree with the other posters though - if OS2 isn't chock-full of sexy features and improved apps, then I doubt RIM will have a chance to release 2.1. The world will move on and RIM will have broken another promise and missed another chance to shine.

Don't get me wrong, I won't throw my PB away in disgust, but I doubt RIM will sell many new PBs to anyone but the already converted loyalists.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-11 01:28 PM
    i think if they cram it with features AND lower the price (assuming they are not going to release new hardware), that will be a step in the right direction.
    I agree.....those "features" would increase the value, however the promises that RIM made but not kept in a timely fashion has cost them dearly. When "major" cell phone companies discontinue something before they even sell one, there is a reason. Sometimes its better to cut loses instead of the entire business. I've been waiting on "THAT" upgrade since the PlayBook was released and once again RIM has been a disappointment. I knew the PlayBook was incomplete when I purchased it, but I had no idea it would take an act of GOD to get it up and running in the right direction. Don't get me wrong I like my PlayBook ...I just don't LOVE it
    Last edited by spencerdl; 09-21-11 at 02:07 PM.
    09-21-11 01:54 PM
    i live in Mozambique, Africa, and there are some PBs around. This is funny because I have traveled to Europe this summer and I did not saw a single one. So I played with my friends asking them who lives in an undeveloped country.

i like it a lot and it does what I need: check and reply to emails, review and draft documents and surf on the web. My wife has an ipad and since I've got the PB I rarely use it. To be a perfect device it just needs to send and receive text messages and the ability to make calls with it via bluetooth (it would be great to used it as a handsfree for conference calls). the bridge is great (i don't need native email and bbm as we do tje same with bridge). Am I anxious for the 2.0? yes i am but i wouldn't kill for that! keep well and stop complaining. there is life behind these boys toys! enjoy it!

With love from Africa.
    09-21-11 02:21 PM
    i live in Mozambique, Africa, and there are some PBs around. This is funny because I have traveled to Europe this summer and I did not saw a single one. So I played with my friends asking them who lives in an undeveloped country.

i like it a lot and it does what I need: check and reply to emails, review and draft documents and surf on the web. My wife has an ipad and since I've got the PB I rarely use it. To be a perfect device it just needs to send and receive text messages and the ability to make calls with it via bluetooth (it would be great to used it as a handsfree for conference calls). the bridge is great (i don't need native email and bbm as we do tje same with bridge). Am I anxious for the 2.0? yes i am but i wouldn't kill for that! keep well and stop complaining. there is life behind these boys toys! enjoy it!

With love from Africa.
    09-21-11 02:26 PM
    Yes, I agree with the crammed features AND A SMALL PRICE CUT. How can some in the tablet market NOT buy a PB, if has all the great features and CHEAPER THEN AN iPad??????????????( hint RIM)

I think if they do not add the capability for bridged SMS, or phone calls, they are REALLY out of touch with the consumer market, and lack innovation. Everyone wants their PB's to be a hub for everything MOBILE. Who wants to be working, editing on there PB's and have to dig in their pockets to pick up a phone call? Technology is supposed to make your life MORE convenient.. *HOLLER IF YOU HEAR ME?!!*

They just have to be really BOLD, and since there the Underdog at this moment, be THE REBELS IN THE TABLET MARKET, AND GET CRAZY WITH FEATURES, WHO CARE ABOUT CARRIERS, IF PEOPLE DEMAND THE PRODUCT, THE CARRIERS WILL SUPPLY GOT DAMN IT!!!!!!

I think I should get hired by RIM, I have tons of ideas. But I'm a Pimp baby. The Game is to be sold, not told
    09-21-11 03:23 PM
    But I'm a Pimp baby. The Game is to be sold, not told
    I see ya there Pimp, I see ya!

Don't hate on him folks, Hate Da Game!

09-21-11 04:15 PM
    Many of the things that were said here are true. i also think that come the end of october, if the v2.0 isnt all that its cracked out to be, it will create a wound so large it would not be able to be mended. I'm getting a little tired of hearing things like "this feature coming soon" and "this feature is to be expected in x amount of time" and not getting any results. i thought the differential update was going to change that. I thought we would start seeing smaller yet significant updates come to the playbook over time. This you allow momentum and positive word of mouth to build up. Even if 2.0 releases and its the update we've all been waiting for, how long will the hype last and help RIM? a couple of days? A week or two? anyways i should stop ranting. oh and sorry for the lack of capitalisation... that was so dumb to not include it from the get go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-11 05:05 PM
    I seen two people with a playbook everything else is iPads......
    09-21-11 05:37 PM
    Many of the things that were said here are true. i also think that come the end of october, if the v2.0 isnt all that its cracked out to be, it will create a wound so large it would not be able to be mended. I'm getting a little tired of hearing things like "this feature coming soon" and "this feature is to be expected in x amount of time" and not getting any results. i thought the differential update was going to change that. I thought we would start seeing smaller yet significant updates come to the playbook over time. This you allow momentum and positive word of mouth to build up. Even if 2.0 releases and its the update we've all been waiting for, how long will the hype last and help RIM? a couple of days? A week or two? anyways i should stop ranting. oh and sorry for the lack of capitalisation... that was so dumb to not include it from the get go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You have made good points. At the moment, I cannot spread good word-of-mouth but if some additions had been added incrementally, I might have been more willing and the CAPITALIZATION and Spell-correction might have been one of them.
    09-21-11 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD