Remarkable. It's like they took the most annoying and obnoxious elements of tucker and dutchtender and a few others including one little gnat whose nic I will not mention and mashed them all into one unfathomably irritating troll
    Ha, I was just thinking as I read this, he makes Dutchtender seem like a decent dude!
    04-25-11 08:03 PM
    Sorry, but I have to agree with the review.The whole PB experience has been a disaster.

Why would you spent the same money and get a smaller screen. PB is small & has less screen space than the Ipad, Xoom,even my desktop monitor which cost less than the playbook. PB does not have native email client/messenger like my ipod, or my laptop. PB has WiFi problems/issue in my neighbors� backyard, under water. It�s also not waterproof like my watch. PB�s power button is too flushed, too small & too round. It�s a round circle on a round button. At least it should have a square symbol on a round button. PB doesn�t have 3G/4G/5G.That means I will not have be able to use it when I travel, other than in the airport or in the hotel that I would go to. What if I decide to use it when I am skiing or on a roller coaster or surfing while on vacation? Also the much needed apps are missing. I mean if you can�t smash fruits on a tablet what�s the point of buying one. Also, I am not sure if the screen as sturdy as the Ipads that can be used as a bulletproof vest. And also did I mention that it does not have any apps which logically means it won�t have any apps in the future.
    If devices were priced by screen size, all smartphones would be like 1/5 the price of all tablets.
    04-25-11 08:24 PM
    Perspective1.

Get off these forums. No one cares about any of your posts. We get it, you love Steve Jobs. We don't. We don't care about Apple, or what you think of the PB. We understand that you don't like anything about the PB or anything about RIM. So just leave these forums.
    He can't leave yet. He's been hired by a marketing firm working for Apple to try and discredit RIM products by trolling blackberry forums, but he only gets paid if he hits his daily quota.

Seriously, he is on their payroll - either that, or he has the biggest inferiority complex i've ever seen...
    bdad14, tstrike34 and Siiid like this.
    04-25-11 08:43 PM
    He can't leave yet. He's been hired by a marketing firm working for Apple to try and discredit RIM products by trolling blackberry forums, but he only gets paid if he hits his daily quota.

Seriously, he is on their payroll - either that, or he has the biggest inferiority complex i've ever seen...
    i would assume both reasons are true
    04-25-11 08:44 PM
    Some of those reviews are suprisingly shortsighted for tech "critics". They don't bring up the positive things about this tablet like the OS, UI, full web browsing with flash, solid browsing speeds, portability, etc.

Instead I hear the BB Bridge is a terrible idea, even though it was announced months ago, rather than how or if it works? Or acknowledging the fact that with over 60 million BB users, there might be many, such as myself that buy it for that very reason. Not a helpful review from many. I will say the Bridge does not work well in Bridge Browsing, but works well in everything else.

Next, harping on native email on a WiFi device? Hello... you guys do realize if you leave a WiFi area, your email would be inaccessible on any WiFi only Tablet? They are suggesting and even spreading outright disinformation that you cannot access email without a BB. Simply not true, you just go to the browser or site where you email is, just like on a laptop/desktop. Its nitpicking really.

The power button? I luv it, you have to press it down all the way and hear a click. Why do I feel thats good? You can hold this tab with one hand, so when gripping it, you might accidentally turn it on/off when you didn't intend to. By making it require a full press, it minimizes that from ever happening. Good design, not a flaw.

I am not saying the PB is perfect, but I have read some really scathing reviews that scream Apple fanboyism from many sites. After buying and trying it, I will agree the software needs fine tuning, Bridge browsing needs an overhaul/fix, and RIM has to work out issues with bridge with the carriers. Overall though, its still the best 7'' tablet out there right now even with its flaws and can only get better...
    That comment about losing email if you leave wifi is total bs. Have you ever seen a wifi tablet besides the playbook? No really, your comment is beyond clueless. Even an iPod touch (wifi only) can do offline email. Crackberry echo chamber, I love the people who ask naysayers to leave this forum, people who say that are a bunch of monkeys with fingers in their ears. 'la la la, I can't hear you!'

RIM has a web ad for Playbook that says amateur hour is over, I think with the half baked PB release, it's just begun. Have fun with your beta testing, but stop beng so insecure. If you bought a playbook, you wasted your money and bought into crack berry hype.
    04-26-11 10:49 PM
    lol jvic, perspective1, thumbtyper all come on the playbook part of the forum for what reason? jealous much? get out of ma's basement you ******* morons.
    04-26-11 10:58 PM
    lol jvic, perspective1, thumbtyper all come on the playbook part of the forum for what reason? jealous much? get out of ma's basement you ******* morons.
    well at least perspective1 has had all of his posts removed! a small but very welcome victory for the CB community
    04-27-11 07:34 AM
    I spent an hour with the IPAD2 and the PlayBook today. Without a doubt, the PlayBook was a better device. I also spent time figuring out how to use the BlackBerry Bridge, it took a few minutes to get it connected, but once I did it was very slick.

You don't need a Blackberry to use a playbook. I really liked how fast it was. Finally the fact that the browser supports flash and HTML5 makes this tablet really very productive tool.

The APPLE LUVRs shouldn't ignore some of the good features here, ultimately QNX, is a very robust OS and that puts Apple at a disadvantage, no matter how many fart apps it has.
    04-28-11 06:03 PM
    The review seemed fair given what RIM has shipped. I don't see any inaccuracies in it and he did sort of take the pre-release reviews with a grain of salt and waited until he had a review unit and used it before posting the entry... What's the issue?
    04-28-11 06:49 PM
    I saw today that the Xoom is just now getting SSL support. And people have called the PB unfinished? How could any company release a device with no SSL? That's nuts.

Motorola Xoom software update brings SSL and Widevine DRM, no LTE quite yet (update: pulled) -- Engadget
    04-28-11 08:16 PM
    I spent an hour with the IPAD2 and the PlayBook today. Without a doubt, the PlayBook was a better device. I also spent time figuring out how to use the BlackBerry Bridge, it took a few minutes to get it connected, but once I did it was very slick.

You don't need a Blackberry to use a playbook. I really liked how fast it was. Finally the fact that the browser supports flash and HTML5 makes this tablet really very productive tool.

The APPLE LUVRs shouldn't ignore some of the good features here, ultimately QNX, is a very robust OS and that puts Apple at a disadvantage, no matter how many fart apps it has.
    iOS is also a robust OS. It is based on the MACH micro kernel from CMU.
    04-28-11 08:19 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD