Look guys,

The purpose of these forums, IMO, is to see what users are saying about the release of the Playbook and their experiences so far with it. you come to forums to decide on a product.

There is enough information on these forums to make a purchase without all the hate involved. I've had enough of the people who are pro-apple, pro-android, or pro-blackberry.

Why stay loyal to one company? I for one went from a bold 9650 to the iphone on verizon when it came out. Both great devices. No need to bash on one another. I make my purchases based on reviews and user feedback. Reviews aren't pro-one company either. Calling the media all biased for a certain product is ludicrous.

Buy what suits your needs. No need to bash if a certain product doesn't meet your eye.

btw, you probably all hate me for getting the verizon iphone, but I am on this forum and reading because I'm interested in using the mobile hotspot and playbook. Haven't decided yet.
    People who enjoy good products are the ones who actually give decent reviews on devices. I have an iPhone, but I also have a BlackBerry. I have a MacBook, but I also have a PlayBook.

I buy devices that are good, I don't care what the brand name is. If you put Apple's logo in the PlayBook it would TANK.
    04-25-11 12:06 PM
    Perspective1.

Get off these forums. No one cares about any of your posts. We get it, you love Steve Jobs. We don't. We don't care about Apple, or what you think of the PB. We understand that you don't like anything about the PB or anything about RIM. So just leave these forums.
    He chimes in with negative comments on almost every thread. He must be bored with his job as Steve Jobs's shoe shine boy lol.
    04-25-11 01:25 PM
    That is completely laughable. You are a typical fanboi, no matter what you won't see through your foggy glasses. I wouldn't be surprised if you still used a Motorola Startac.
    And what is so wrong with a Motorola Startac? I thought it was one of the best and coolest phones that I have owned.
    04-25-11 01:27 PM
    Where did Leo Laporte say this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He said it on his Windows Weekly podcast with Paul Thurrott.
    04-25-11 01:58 PM
    I think more than a handful of companies don't use Apple products.
    Sorry, I meant in relation to the industry we work in - commercial / advertising video production. Apple dominates the market for the most part.
    04-25-11 01:59 PM
    don't forget you couldn't change the wallpaper for a while too!
    Or copy and paste for a long time until just recently!
    04-25-11 02:19 PM
    Ahhh, the Motorola Startac, it was my first cell phone ever and I had it with Sprint around 2000. I thought it was just soooo damn cool, a cell phone!!! But if I used it indoors and moved around too much I would drop calls like crazy.

Ahhhh rose colored glasses of good memories...
    04-25-11 02:19 PM
    That app you speak of still doesn't do things in real time, its delayed emails, so its not very logical. Face it, this tablet is geared towards the BB user. BB's have real time emails/notifications.

BB's are not some niche market, with 60 million out there, if you can sell even to a fraction of those users, you have a very successful tablet.

The native email thing is not as big a deal as so many illogical critics make it out to be. Especially since its a WiFi only device marketed mostly to people who already use BB's. Wouldn't its own email be redundant and gimped being its WiFi only and people holding their BB's are getting better email service from their BB than any tablet in existence?
    04-25-11 02:29 PM
    Wow, I've found my "unusable" product to be quite usable. As for finished, bridged is getting me my e-mail, calendar, and other info just fine, and I'm smart enough to type in a web address instead of buying a $.99 app or downloading a free app to do it for me. But I could see where someone who has been dumbed down to the "you need an app for everything" method would be confused and upset.
    04-25-11 02:48 PM
    Sorry, but I have to agree with the review.The whole PB experience has been a disaster.

Why would you spent the same money and get a smaller screen. PB is small & has less screen space than the Ipad, Xoom,even my desktop monitor which cost less than the playbook. PB does not have native email client/messenger like my ipod, or my laptop. PB has WiFi problems/issue in my neighbors’ backyard, under water. It’s also not waterproof like my watch. PB’s power button is too flushed, too small & too round. It’s a round circle on a round button. At least it should have a square symbol on a round button. PB doesn’t have 3G/4G/5G.That means I will not have be able to use it when I travel, other than in the airport or in the hotel that I would go to. What if I decide to use it when I am skiing or on a roller coaster or surfing while on vacation? Also the much needed apps are missing. I mean if you can’t smash fruits on a tablet what’s the point of buying one. Also, I am not sure if the screen as sturdy as the Ipads that can be used as a bulletproof vest. And also did I mention that it does not have any apps which logically means it won’t have any apps in the future.
    Darlaten likes this.
    04-25-11 02:52 PM
    That app you speak of still doesn't do things in real time, its delayed emails, so its not very logical. Face it, this tablet is geared towards the BB user. BB's have real time emails/notifications.

BB's are not some niche market, with 60 million out there, if you can sell even to a fraction of those users, you have a very successful tablet.

The native email thing is not as big a deal as so many illogical critics make it out to be. Especially since its a WiFi only device marketed mostly to people who already use BB's. Wouldn't its own email be redundant and gimped being its WiFi only and people holding their BB's are getting better email service from their BB than any tablet in existence?
    I have a BB and an iPad. I find the iPad email client to be extremely useful, even in a wi-fi only setting.

Unfortunately, BBs do not provide better "email service" than the iPad email client. BBs are great for on the go checking of email and the real keyboard is great to have. However, for personal email, I have found that the IMAP and EAS on the iPad/iPhone work much better than IMAP support from BIS.
    04-25-11 03:16 PM

This past TWIT.

Correction! Windows Weekly.
    Last edited by dandbj13; 04-25-11 at 10:39 PM.
    04-25-11 04:37 PM
    This message is hidden because Perspective1 is on your ignore list.

^^^ Congratulations jackass. You made it there in record time.
    04-25-11 04:59 PM
    This message is hidden because Perspective1 is on your ignore list.

^^^ Congratulations jackass. You made it there in record time.
    Cool, I didn't know you could do that here. Never had a reason before though. He's now in my ignore list as well. He'll feel lonely there, being alone, but I guess with all the time he spends putting down a device in a forum for a device doesn't even owns, he must be accustom being alone...
    04-25-11 05:33 PM
    I'm guessing English as a second language.

Guessing your parents basement as a primary residence?
    Last edited by ericlc2; 04-25-11 at 05:45 PM.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    04-25-11 05:41 PM
    Wow, perspective1 is back again. I see you're still trying to rationalize the apple thing you have going on. Ah yes, being rude and antagonistic relentlessly to perfect strangers while falling all over yourself to ridicule and mock any and all. Nothing says satisfaction with what I bought quite like that.
    04-25-11 05:43 PM
    Wow, perspective1 is back again. I see you're still trying to rationalize the apple thing you have going on. Ah yes, being rude and antagonistic relentlessly to perfect strangers while falling all over yourself to ridicule and mock any and all. Nothing says satisfaction with what I bought quite like that.
    haha right on

and now he's on my list too...pretty soon he'll be in a forum of 1
    04-25-11 05:45 PM
    Remarkable. It's like they took the most annoying and obnoxious elements of tucker and dutchtender and a few others including one little gnat whose nic I will not mention and mashed them all into one unfathomably irritating troll.

Anyway, for those who haven't found it yet:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/how...e-user-531445/

It's the only way I can wade through the unending rivers of BS to find anything useful around here any more. How terribly sad.
    04-25-11 05:48 PM
    Remarkable. It's like they took the most annoying and obnoxious elements of tucker and dutchtender and a few others including one little gnat whose nic I will not mention and mashed them all into one unfathomably irritating troll.

It's the only way I can wade through the unending rivers of BS to find anything useful around here any more. How terribly sad.
    except, as I just discovered, you can't ignore the few moderators who deserve the same treatment

and they know who they are
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-25-11 05:50 PM
    except, as I just discovered, you can't ignore the few moderators who deserve the same treatment

and they know who they are
    Well, necessary evils we just have to live with. Like heel wrestlers in the WWF (don't tell me, I know, but WWE is just stupid).
    04-25-11 06:00 PM

Good to see most of the knights hard at work tonight!! LOL!
    04-25-11 06:25 PM
    Normally, I never respond to these things, but this is absolutely ridiculous! This coming from a guy with a Mac who I would never trade for a PC. Because it suites me. Doesn't mean I have to own only mac products. I love my 9780 for its physical, always available keyboard. I love the PlayBook because I can use my existing data plan with it. The PlayBook is phenomenal. Of course it has some ,maturing to do, but saying it's unusable is absurd. I for one don't like the over simplicity of the iPad. My wife has hers and its good for her, but I want much more control of my device. I'm pretty certain people that give a review like that must be quite critical in life and I would prefer to not be around people like that. Most of the BS that comes out of their mouth is #@?$. They are out of tune to what really matters.
    bdad14 and tstrike34 like this.
    04-25-11 06:45 PM

I listened to last weeks TWIG where Leo tried doing a live/podcast rundown of the PB, he powered it up and the PB said it needed an update so he attempted to update and he kept getting errors about the update. This happened fairly close to the beginning of the show, and by end of the show he was still getting errors.

This on a network which I thought he said gets somewhere around 5 million downloads a week on.
    Last edited by eth555; 04-25-11 at 07:44 PM.
    04-25-11 07:42 PM
    The man is all doom and gloom.

Users report BlackBerry PlayBooks failing to restart | Mobile Technology - InfoWorld

He even thinks Android is the new Windows. Doesn't Android deserve some respect for ahem...#winning?

Anyways, now that Android is the frontrunner it's time to ignore RIM and go after bigger fish bad boy Gruman.
    04-25-11 07:54 PM
    That is completely laughable. You are a typical fanboi, no matter what you won't see through your foggy glasses. I wouldn't be surprised if you still used a Motorola Startac.
    Dude I loved my Startac, big ol' extended battery strapped to the flip, those were the days man.
    04-25-11 07:57 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD