It Appears as if RIM turned on the Activation Server for the Blackberry Playbook this morning. At 5am this morning i was able to get pass the Blackberry Agreement ID page on both mine and my wife Playbooks and was able to successfully setup the playbook. So people who may get their pre-order today, you may be in luck to get it setup right away. I got mine last wednesday so it was a pain to wait, but it was worth it.

Unfortunately, I was unable to setup Bridge today, however it said it will be available on launch day(tomorrow).

Regarding Mail, RIM has made it easy to get to Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail and AOL with shortcut icons on the homescreen.

Videos/Photos are stunning. Watched a Hulu video and Youtube this morning. On my dell mini, when i watch a Hulu video, the video appear jumpy, not on the playbook. Video is very smooth and natural.

I was also able to do Internet Tethering as well.

The flow of things on the playbook is smooth. No jumping.

Only downfall to the Playbook is no Camera Flash, however with plenty of light, the pics are stunning.

On my wife playbook, the power button appears to be flush making it difficult to press, however on mine its raised. Will contact support about that and see what they do about it.

Overall, I love my playbook. I recommend the purchase to anyone.
    DjGenuine, 4sapps and Wbrian like this.
    04-18-11 08:56 AM
    So there are two versions of hardware out right now? Older version, without the power button raised and the latest version of hardware with the raised power button.

This could be a bigger issue than Antennagate was on the iPhone 4.
    04-18-11 08:59 AM
    So there are two versions of hardware out right now? Older version, without the power button raised and the latest version of hardware with the raised power button.

Hmm.... no wonder RIM is shipping them really late to bestbuy and staples...
    04-18-11 09:21 AM
    Perhaps RIM will be forthcoming with a range of serial numbers of units that have the recessed button.
    04-18-11 09:47 AM
    A possible recall?
    04-18-11 10:08 AM
    Surprised to hear u got passed the agreement id, yet not all functions are working on the playbook as of yet
    04-18-11 10:45 AM
    Surprised to hear u got passed the agreement id, yet not all functions are working on the playbook as of yet
    This is a surprise to me as well. Why enable it if it's still not the launch update?

I hope this doesn't mean bridge won't be available tomorrow either! I personally don't care but I know there will be some serious bashing going on if it's not available tomorrow.
    04-18-11 10:49 AM
    If anyone is upset over the power switch, I will take it off your hand.
    04-18-11 11:18 AM
    This is a surprise to me as well. Why enable it if it's still not the launch update?

I hope this doesn't mean bridge won't be available tomorrow either! I personally don't care but I know there will be some serious bashing going on if it's not available tomorrow.
    There is bridge on the Playbook, however the bridge for the Phone is not available as yet. When i go to app world, it say, and I quote "This application is not available right now - the availability will match the launch of BlackBerry Playbook.". This mean, tomorrow being the launch of the Playbook, the feature will be available.

Overall the Playbook is fine. I have yet to find anything on the Playbook that is not working. Everything that is visible on the playbook is working.

Just for inquiring minds, the Version #: that i have is 1.0.1.1628
    04-18-11 11:44 AM

I hope my power button is flush, so i'm not accidentally pressing it. I dont see what the big deal is
    04-18-11 11:51 AM
    I just plugged my playbook into Desktop Manager for the first time and up pops a new update Available for Blackberry Tablet OS. Im moving from 1.0.1.1628 to 1.0.1.1690
    04-18-11 12:01 PM
    The update i just received (1.0.1.1690) placed 4 new icons on the home screen: Server Urls (No idea what thats for), Bug Reporter, Quincy (No Idea What thats for) and a Power Off Icon
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    04-18-11 12:30 PM
    The update i just received (1.0.1.1690) placed 4 new icons on the home screen: Server Urls (No idea what thats for), Bug Reporter, Quincy (No Idea What thats for) and a Power Off Icon
    Lol I guess thats a quick fixi for the flushed power button...
    04-18-11 12:33 PM
    Power Off Icon
    Guess that makes the on/off button virtually obsolete. One less thing for people to complain about.
    04-18-11 12:35 PM
    Guess that makes the on/off button virtually obsolete. One less thing for people to complain about.
    LMFAO...good point.
    04-18-11 12:37 PM
    Wow they can really fix things on this quick
    04-18-11 12:49 PM
    How will we turn it back on?!
    04-18-11 01:03 PM
    I hope my power button is flush, so i'm not accidentally pressing it. I dont see what the big deal is
    The power button is the only way to turn off the screen when you're not using the device.
    04-18-11 01:11 PM

You enable it for Demo units arriving at stores and being set up today, for tomorrow.

so you stop having the stupid frozen demo units.

and you don't want people bridging to their phone in the store. YET!
    though that would be the coolest feature for selling a playbook to a BB user in the store.
    04-18-11 01:29 PM

I tried the BB skin on a PB yesterday. The soft plastic is slightly raised above the power button and the volume keys, making it easy to press down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by padamssm; 04-18-11 at 02:19 PM.
    04-18-11 02:13 PM
    How will we turn it back on?!
    Swipe from bezel to bezel.
    04-18-11 02:18 PM
    The power button is the only way to turn off the screen when you're not using the device.

This was posted a few posts above.

04-18-11 02:21 PM
    ill be doing exactly what kevin is doing now, having my PB hooked up and constantly hitting update to see what new features will be added throughout the day. I wish bestbuy was doing a midnight release, than i would be a happy camper
    04-18-11 02:32 PM
    ill be doing exactly what kevin is doing now, having my PB hooked up and constantly hitting update to see what new features will be added throughout the day. I wish bestbuy was doing a midnight release, than i would be a happy camper
    agreed!
    04-18-11 02:54 PM
    Right now I would be happy to know that my Best buy store has them in stock for me to get it tomorrow. No word yet.
    04-18-11 02:59 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD