Okay, long time listener....6th time poster!

I have everything BB. My stuff, wifes stuff, parents, friends....i am MR BlackBerry in my area. (oh and i hate posts that start like this too, but please read on). My PB went dead and i shipped it back and they gave some BS about not being covered to be fixed. I argued with the guy for what seemed like 30 minutes to no avial. I paid full price the day the PB came out (64GB baby!!!), and after long deliberation i am thinking about switching. I hate apple but know lots of people that have the same passion about their I-Stuff that i have about my BB stuff. So heres my question:

1) I need tablet/phone combo (heavy user)....so droid, apple, What???
    2) Do i need to tough it out, buy another PB, and wait for BB10?
    3) Go to Canada and take Kevin with me (since he know has mucho pullo) and demand better service.

Someone also, give me a shoulder to cry on.....FRUSTRATED!!!
    05-25-12 10:38 AM
    Here you go... There... hush now...

I will wait for BB10. I can't really much more than that. Hope things start working out soon!
    05-25-12 10:47 AM
    No one can really make this decision for you. I'm all BB of course but we've had Android before and hated it. Husband now has the iPhone and the iPad and seems to love it but I can't stand it. It really is a personal choice.

As for the broken PlayBook, so sorry it broke on you. How did you pay for it? I know Visa has coverage for purchases that you may be able to utilize...hopefully the CB community can provide you with some more help
    05-25-12 10:47 AM
    Is it over a year old? I would think the way they are dropping or were dropping users like flies they would show some good will and help you out. Maybe just need to talk to someone else.
    05-25-12 10:52 AM
    Im sitting here reading on the forums and just so sad....i really dont think i will switch (64GB pb at amazon aint so bad), but I am just todays example of the "State of RIM". I wanna hear more input from this SUPER AWESOME forum. It truly has been a blessing to me over the years....always good info!
    05-25-12 10:55 AM
    You should have come before shipping it away really. Good chances we would have something useful for you.

Did you get it back? You could sell it as damaged (for parts) and help fund a new PB.

Or even wai for the 4G one? You got options...
    05-25-12 11:00 AM
    First ... good luck with whatever you decide.... A couple of things...

1. It would have been nice to know why they would not warranty it... Did you buy it form RIM directly.... As I service computer hardware I am always interested in what the "BS" you were told... How much you paid has no berring on whether it is warranited... DId the warranty period expire... was there any physical damage???? Did you ask to talk to a manger etc....

2. What input do you exactly want from RIM empire???? You came on the forum.. created a thread... and asked a question... Members have post answered... What answers are you looking for... Answers or Someone to tell you what to do????

but what I do not get... is why post on a BB board about other possible product choices... If you were serious about leaving I would think that you would post on an Apple or Android forum where users of that platform are better able to help you decide.....
    Either way ... good luck....
    05-25-12 11:15 AM
    DBMalloy...and i knew i would probably get a little of this....I want to know, from BB users, that have been in my situation or the like, what their experiences were. I wanted to hear from someone that is likeminded, not an individual or group that is not objective. See, we are on this forum (most of us) because we feel that this is the best product for us. Some have strayed and come back, and i live my life by trying to eliminate mistakes and if i can get feedback from BB users that have tried and failed and WHY, then that just saves me time money and frustration. Just looking for input...thought thats what forums are for.
    05-25-12 11:46 AM
    Given the details provided from OP I have no idea why RIM would not agree to fix it under their warranty. Something is definitely off though either from the circumstance or the OP. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Give them another call and see if you get a more helpful person. As long as you didn't do anything to void the warranty I don't see why they wouldn't help you out.

People are passionate about their products all the time. But I guess if your enjoyment with a device is merely a numbers game, then yes you could be swayed by the hordes that are just peachy with their i-products.

But there must have been a reason you stuck with Blackberries for this long. If it still applies then why not stay?
    05-25-12 11:48 AM
    Houschinto....you nailed it. Maybe i just needed a swift kick in the rear to help me see that the grass is not greener on the other side. I guess just a weak moment. I think im gonna get fresh new 64G PB and strap the boots on tight.

Now that im back to my senses, can anyone give me a good solution to syncing up BB to Outlook without using DM through BIS....my company stopped supporting BES.
    05-25-12 12:03 PM
    I'm also interested in what grounds they based their denial upon.

They just REPLACED my 32gig. It lost too much power in standby. From their documentation (probably correct), mine was about a week or two past one year but they did the rma.
    05-25-12 12:20 PM
    Likewise, I had a 16GB that was way past the 90 days - I called support and pointed out that according to their own posted warranty, it would be covered for 1 year. They agreed to renew coverage just like new, and I RMA'd and received a new one in about 6 days turnaround.

Good luck in reapproaching them, and thanks for keeping the faith!
    05-25-12 12:29 PM
    Given the details provided from OP I have no idea why RIM would not agree to fix it under their warranty. Something is definitely off though either from the circumstance or the OP. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Give them another call and see if you get a more helpful person. As long as you didn't do anything to void the warranty I don't see why they wouldn't help you out.

People are passionate about their products all the time. But I guess if your enjoyment with a device is merely a numbers game, then yes you could be swayed by the hordes that are just peachy with their i-products.

But there must have been a reason you stuck with Blackberries for this long. If it still applies then why not stay?
    Heyy I congrats you personally on winning the porsche design Blackberry!

Ok back on topic.. I would for one really like to know what was wrong with the PB. Im curious as to why they denied a replacement and if it was warranted or not. Also, for someone who claims to be the "Blackberry Guy" where even probably your pets own bb's (lol) you're quick to leave on a single hiccup! You're right, the grass is not greener on the other side, you really just have to get what works for you!
    05-25-12 01:25 PM
    I'm also interested in what grounds they based their denial upon.
    +1. You said it went dead on you but I'm also curious as to why the denial. Battery issue or did it have an accident? I would think RIM would help you out if it was a warranty issue. Agree with maybe talk to someone else. Hope you get it sorted out.
    05-25-12 05:00 PM
    ok, sorry guys, had bunches of meetings this afternoon and getting back in. So, when i sent in the PB they said all is well and they would replace. Then i got an email (week or so later) that said it was denied. when i called they said the PB had water damage. Now, i know exactly what was wrong with my PB...it got drained to low. MY nightstand charger did not connect all the way and with my nightstand alarm clock on all night it basically bricked the PB....tried and tried to get to grab a charge but could not. Tried the hold this button down....hold three buttons at one time....stick your tounge out to the left and try to power on...you get the picture. Nothing worked. I am very confident that my PB had never had any water or liquid even close to it....so i got pretty upsted with the guy and asked to speak with the person who opened the thing up (they are untouchable by the way) and this guy i was talking to was just reading notes. We went round and round for a while and finaly gave up...asked for MGR and he and i want round and round for what seemed like an hour to no avail. the worst part is that its just their word against mine. I had them ship back to me. If i could just get it to grab a charge i would be just fine....there you go.

Also, about me being a BB guy or not, or jumping ship at the least little issue, i can assure you that there is not anyone that is more of a BB advocate than me. If i was the first person to write an "I need to vent but still love BB" post on this site then crucify me. But i feel certain that i am not feeling any emotions that most on this site have felt at some point in the past (my opinion).

This forum can be quick to throw stones and im just a lonely BB fan with no where to turn. No one i know has BB any more except the poeple i have talked into it. My wife (not on this forum or any forum for that matter)...my dad (computer illiterate)....my employee (you lady just interested in FB). So this is the only place i can bring issues like this up.

Why i ask you guys what you think? Wouldnt this whole forum be boring if all that was here were people stating facts (correct or incorrect). I want to know peoples opinions on how, why and what has worked/not worked for them.

How bout them Titans?
    05-25-12 05:16 PM
    Sorry for your bad experience but other than the repair issue the BlackBerry devices seem to have done what they were built for. The best thing anyone can do is research what is out there before making a purchase. The PlayBook 64gig is a kick azz device and to abandoned it would be a poor decision, but your asking advice from a PRO-BlackBerry Site.
    05-25-12 05:41 PM
    ok, sorry guys, had bunches of meetings this afternoon and getting back in. So, when i sent in the PB they said all is well and they would replace. Then i got an email (week or so later) that said it was denied. when i called they said the PB had water damage. Now, i know exactly what was wrong with my PB...it got drained to low. MY nightstand charger did not connect all the way and with my nightstand alarm clock on all night it basically bricked the PB....tried and tried to get to grab a charge but could not. Tried the hold this button down....hold three buttons at one time....stick your tounge out to the left and try to power on...you get the picture. Nothing worked. I am very confident that my PB had never had any water or liquid even close to it....so i got pretty upsted with the guy and asked to speak with the person who opened the thing up (they are untouchable by the way) and this guy i was talking to was just reading notes. We went round and round for a while and finaly gave up...asked for MGR and he and i want round and round for what seemed like an hour to no avail. the worst part is that its just their word against mine. I had them ship back to me. If i could just get it to grab a charge i would be just fine....there you go.

Also, about me being a BB guy or not, or jumping ship at the least little issue, i can assure you that there is not anyone that is more of a BB advocate than me. If i was the first person to write an "I need to vent but still love BB" post on this site then crucify me. But i feel certain that i am not feeling any emotions that most on this site have felt at some point in the past (my opinion).

This forum can be quick to throw stones and im just a lonely BB fan with no where to turn. No one i know has BB any more except the poeple i have talked into it. My wife (not on this forum or any forum for that matter)...my dad (computer illiterate)....my employee (you lady just interested in FB). So this is the only place i can bring issues like this up.

Why i ask you guys what you think? Wouldnt this whole forum be boring if all that was here were people stating facts (correct or incorrect). I want to know peoples opinions on how, why and what has worked/not worked for them.

How bout them Titans?
    05-25-12 06:16 PM
    Heyy we're not jumping on you or throwing stones or anything.. You seem to have indirectly replied to my previous comment, I was just shooting the p00p a little! Trust me, I've seen people get pooped on on these forums, you sir were definitely not pooped on lol.

You're upset, most of us probably would be as well.
    05-25-12 07:26 PM
    Since you have black flagged, I would open the PB and check the stickers myself. There is to white squares up my the microphones. Well, white if they never got wet.
    05-25-12 08:03 PM
    I don't recall who but someone else was informed that their pb had been water damaged. After a bit (probably more than a bit) of back and forth, the pb was ultimately replaced. Maybe that person will be here, soon.
    05-25-12 08:22 PM
    You want a tough little cookie? iPad is a no go, and most android tabs are built to disintegrate. If you want tough, your looking at either buying an otterbox or buying a new PB.
    you need a Tablet phone Combo? why? would it not be possible for you to get the Galaxy Note and have both in one? or do you really need a 7inch screen?
    The trouble is, that even though you dont want to spend money on a PB when by all rights yours should get a repair, Buying a Brand new 64gb playbook and a brand new Blackberry bold 9930, would cost you less than buying an iPad/iPhone Combo, by a significant ammount. , you could get the 9930 and TWO 64gb playbooks. so you have a spare incase something goes wrong in a year.
    If it were me, I'd buy a 16GB PB, and then wait. and get BB10 Phone and PB 4G 64GB nearer the end of the year. (still likely a cheaper plan than getting an iphone/ipad combo)
    05-25-12 08:36 PM
    You want a tough little cookie? iPad is a no go, and most android tabs are built to disintegrate. If you want tough, your looking at either buying an otterbox or buying a new PB.
    you need a Tablet phone Combo? why? would it not be possible for you to get the Galaxy Note and have both in one? or do you really need a 7inch screen?
    The trouble is, that even though you dont want to spend money on a PB when by all rights yours should get a repair, Buying a Brand new 64gb playbook and a brand new Blackberry bold 9930, would cost you less than buying an iPad/iPhone Combo, by a significant ammount. , you could get the 9930 and TWO 64gb playbooks. so you have a spare incase something goes wrong in a year.
    If it were me, I'd buy a 16GB PB, and then wait. and get BB10 Phone and PB 4G 64GB nearer the end of the year. (still likely a cheaper plan than getting an iphone/ipad combo)
    This my friends is a response...something with some true "meat". Thanks a bunch seriously, to all that responded and "talked me off the ledge"...i owe you! Going to get a 64g tomorrow for $299 at office depot. The guy said "we have plenty in stock" when i asked if he could hold one for me...
    05-25-12 08:53 PM
    This my friends is a response...something with some true "meat". Thanks a bunch seriously, to all that responded and "talked me off the ledge"...i owe you! Going to get a 64g tomorrow for $299 at office depot. The guy said "we have plenty in stock" when i asked if he could hold one for me...
    "And we can't sell it to you without a letter from your Shrink!"
    05-25-12 10:36 PM
    Lol this thread has been fun to read

DLEII you made me laugh with your last comment. Glad you found the answer you were looking for. Maybe you knew the answer all along
    05-25-12 11:06 PM
    Well, got my PB back today and started immediatley with the....power off hold down, 3 button for 30 seconds thing..took the back off and looked at all the innerds. And....I FIXED IT. It was of course just a REALLY DRAINED battery.

How did i fix it? Well, i went to DM and plugged in the PB, i could hear it try to connect only to disconnect within seconds. All the while, when i would plug it in, it would flash the red light solid for about 15 seconds and then off again. So i kept reading on the most awesome forum in the universe and found the best trick ever. I plugged in PB to charger...waited for the 15 seconds to pass when the light would go off....then unpug and plug back in. Did this about 20 times and then a slight but faint heartbeat was sighted. The big RED battery with a lighning bolt. Man was i ever so pleased to see anything on my screen. Then put on my friends nightstand charger (i think this is the one with the most juice) and saw an even better symbol (throbbing yellow led)....SHE WAS CHARGING. Everyone in my office heard me when i shouted "ITS ALIVE!!!!" (Frankenstein). Finally i got it to boot up, fresh new OS, ready to go again.

Now just need to restore and all is well.

FYI...if any one has a bricked PB...i will buy for $20.00, you ship it. I think i am ready for anything now. THIS IS GREAT!!!
    05-29-12 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD