I have been on the phone for just over 110 minutes now with RIM and they have now confirmed there is an issue with the pairing of the Torch 9800 and Playbook using bluetooth and blackberry bridge.
    Lot's of information and feedback has been provided to RIM on this matter including logs from my playbook and information on OS version on Torch. An analyst will contact me within 24 hours either wanting yet more information or to hopefully provide me with a patch to solve the problem.

Looks like beta testing is going to be fun.

It would appear to me that the bluetooth radio and blackberry bridge are not playing nice with each other.

My incident case number is INC000022788xxx
    The last 3 of case number being replaced with (xxx) just in case they want me to keep it on the down low (lol).
    princealyy and PatrickMJS like this.
    04-19-11 06:57 PM
    What problem the only thing not working is being able to see the sd card files. I can see the foldiers but it says there empty, other wise the other parts work.
    04-19-11 07:05 PM
    Please expand as to your issues,

I have been using the Torch Bridged all day with no issues to speak of
    04-19-11 07:05 PM
    Me too. Although when I tried to bridge with another person's blackberry, the OS froze and had to be restarted.
    04-19-11 07:19 PM
    RIM has confirmed they are getting a lot of reports from Torch users having problems with the Blackberry Bridge app not working. It appears to pair but both doing so with bar code scanning and manual pairing do not work. Error message is connection denied when doing bar code scanning and bluetooth pairing failed when doing so with manual method. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Blackberry Bridge 3 times and done 3 battery pulls all with no effect. Level one and level two phone support have gone through every option they have to resolve and nothing will work. After the level 2 calling the analyst they confirmed there is a known issue and a resolution is expected very soon.
    04-19-11 07:21 PM
    Hmmmm Odd

I used the QR scan, and then had to back out of everything and start again, and poof I got a code and entered it and was connected, I've been connected at home on the couch now for 3hours, playing with both browsers, and accessing all my incoming mail on the PB rather than my BB
    04-19-11 07:23 PM
    Would be good if the contributors to this thread would specify what OS they have on their 9800 for informational purposes.
    04-19-11 07:27 PM
    I'm having issues as well connecting my Torch 9800 running OS 6.0.0.526 with the PlayBook running 1.0.1.1690. Reinstalled the app, no luck. Scan or manual, it won't connect.
    04-19-11 07:30 PM
    i had one of the leaked OS's installed on my torch and wasn't able to install the bridge software. i reverted and now it works. No other issues except I can't see the files on my torch.
    04-19-11 07:33 PM
    I set my bridge up very easy first try and have been using all day with no issues at all! I am connected to my Torch 9800 running 6.0.0.534 and PlayBook running 1.0.0.1690.
    04-19-11 07:36 PM
    Torch 9800 ver 6.0 Bundle 695
    Playbook os 1690

Blackberry Support has me on hold right now. The Playbook would not even show its barcode and manual pairing is not working. My Torch sees the Playbook but the Playbook does not see the Torch. They just had me shutdown and restart and still not working.

Moved up to 2nd level support now....
    Last edited by steve911; 04-19-11 at 07:54 PM.
    04-19-11 07:45 PM
    Torch 9800 - 6.0.0.526
    Playbook - 1.0.1.1690
    04-19-11 07:57 PM
    I just cannot browse using my data plan. As far as sd card haven't checked but otherwise it all works fine.
    04-19-11 08:00 PM
    Torch on .526
    PlayBook on 1690 with 2 small patches

Downloaded Bridge software OTA from link here. (STILL not in App World!!)

Connected first try, zero issues all day. Have disconnected and reconnected multiple times with no problems. Also have used both browsers without issue.
    04-19-11 08:04 PM
    would be good if the contributors to this thread would specify what os they have on their 9800 for informational purposes.
    os

:-)
    04-19-11 08:05 PM
    RIM has confirmed they are getting a lot of reports from Torch users having problems with the Blackberry Bridge app not working. It appears to pair but both doing so with bar code scanning and manual pairing do not work. Error message is connection denied when doing bar code scanning and bluetooth pairing failed when doing so with manual method. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Blackberry Bridge 3 times and done 3 battery pulls all with no effect. Level one and level two phone support have gone through every option they have to resolve and nothing will work. After the level 2 calling the analyst they confirmed there is a known issue and a resolution is expected very soon.
    I had this issue. I solved it by unpairing (deleting the pairing) my Bluetooth connection that initiated last night while waiting for the bridge to be available. once deleted, the bridge worked and the pairing was recreated by the bridge.
    04-19-11 08:07 PM
    Downloaded Bridge software OTA from link here. (STILL not in App World!!)
    Go into app world on your phone and hold ALT and press R S T then back out of app world, go back in again and Blackberry Bridge will then show up.
    04-19-11 08:07 PM
    ATT TORCH .448

Cannot connect via bridge via scan or manual. Tried and rebooted many times.

Stumped.
    04-19-11 08:08 PM
    Using .534 (no hybrid) on my Torch with .1690 and it works fine aside from the files not being displayed issue listed above
    04-19-11 08:08 PM
    im running the newest official os from att... ive bridged with no problems at all... first try...
    04-19-11 08:09 PM
    I had this issue. I solved it by unpairing (deleting the pairing) my Bluetooth connection that initiated last night while waiting for the bridge to be available. once deleted, the bridge worked and the pairing was recreated by the bridge.
    Tried this several times throughout the day and when on the phone with RIM, had no effect.
    04-19-11 08:11 PM
    Tried this several times throughout the day and when on the phone with RIM, had no effect.
    I'm at 6.0.0.534 if it makes any difference.
    04-19-11 08:13 PM
    No problem pairing with both of my Torches, both running 6.0.0.526, by scan. File browsing of the SD card doesnt seem to work, but everything else functions well.
    04-19-11 08:14 PM
    Same issue with my 9700 running 6.0.0.534 - below is copied from the tread I started before I noticed this one.

Using the barcode to set up BB Bridge I get.
    "An error(Connection denied) occurred connecting through the barcode with Blackberry 9700. Please try again."

Using manual Pairing the Playbook just sits at "waiting for a device" until timeout, and the Blackberry reports pairing complete, but then the playbook is not available in the paired playbook list however, the blackberry is showing in the bridge device list on the playbook.

BB is running 6.0.0.534, both devices are discoverable bluetooth pairing is complete and I can tether, but I cannot bridge. Firewall is off on the blackberry.

I am going to try RIM support later, was a long wait last I called, but thought I'd post here just in case anyone else has had and fixed this problem.
    04-19-11 08:34 PM
    Well, I give up on .448
    I am going to 526 since thats what everyone is stating is working (or has posted) and has gotten it to work.

We'll see.

If I cant get it to work, I am returning this thing.

I am tired of being RIMS guinea pig. I was the first to get the Torch on game day also, this is tiring!!!!
    04-19-11 09:07 PM
153 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD