03-22-11 03:49 AM
    Got the Where and How much... Just need the When....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 04:02 AM
    Best Buy is taking pre-orders already.

Here's the link: BlackBerry - PlayBook Tablet with 16GB Memory - PRD-38548-001
    03-22-11 04:07 AM
    I think it's a safe bet that we will get a release date today.

03-22-11 04:49 AM
    Well it only seems reasonable that we get an announcement in the next few days given they're taking pre-orders

03-22-11 04:59 AM
    Can I just say #Winning!!!

03-22-11 05:23 AM
    Only T-Mobile is missing on that list, who knows why.

03-22-11 05:47 AM

I was wondering the same thing.

03-22-11 05:53 AM
    Looks like April 19th for Best Buy.

Best Buy begins accepting orders for BlackBerry PlayBook today | CrackBerry.com

From the link:

The BlackBerry PlayBook with Wi-Fi will come in three models, featuring 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of storage at $499, $599 and $699 respectively. It is scheduled to be available from all Best Buy stores and Best Buy Mobile stores in the US, as well as Best Buy and Future Shop* stores in Canada, on April 19. Customers in the US and Canada can place their orders beginning today by visiting their local Best Buy
    03-22-11 06:03 AM
    I think it's a safe bet that we will get a release date today.

BlackBerry - Press Releases

April 19th
    03-22-11 06:21 AM
    That's definitely odd. Especially since Mobilicity and Wind are listed in Canada, and they are AWS band 3G operators like T-Mobile.
    03-22-11 08:19 AM
    What's also strange is that Wal-Mart and Costco are only listed under Canada. I wonder why that is.
    03-22-11 08:21 AM
    What's also strange is that Wal-Mart and Costco are only listed under Canada. I wonder why that is.
    ipad at walmart USA and Xoom at Costco USA. maybe some distribution negotiating behind the scenes.
    03-22-11 08:22 AM
    I'd venture 2 things here. 1) No Tmo since ATT is working on buying them. 2) No Costco or WalMart US due to # of stores.

03-22-11 08:46 AM
    Pre-orders are great, but I'm still gonna hold it in my hand before I shell out the money for it.... but HOT DAMN I'm excited!!!
    03-22-11 08:50 AM
    I signed up for the RIM updates for the Playbook-still haven't received an email from them. Thank God for Crackberry! Got my pre-order in at best buy at 0503 am.
    03-22-11 10:05 AM
    I signed up for the RIM updates for the Playbook-still haven't received an email from them. Thank God for Crackberry! Got my pre-order in at best buy at 0503 am.
    I think you'll get one after release...ha!
    03-22-11 10:06 AM
    Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but I need to ask.

Other than price what would be the motivation to buy a WI-FI only device like the Playbook from a carrier like Verizon or AT&T as oppose to a retail outlet like BestBuy?

Also, would a future 3G/4G device obsolete these device? No way to upgrade to carrier network?
    03-22-11 10:49 AM
    Thank god Wind is carrying it. My Blackberry is from Wind and they usually sell there devices at MSRP. Also since Wind is carrying it, I don't think they will charge us to tether with our phones. Day one buy for me.

03-22-11 11:06 AM
    Thank god Wind is carrying it. My Blackberry is from Wind and they usually sell there devices at MSRP. Also since Wind is carrying it, I don't think they will charge us to tether with our phones. Day one buy for me.

i m guessing WIND will sell 4G versions only.....
    03-22-11 11:28 AM
    I was just about to Pre-Order from Future Shop and the estimated delivery states April 22 and they don't offer in-store pick up. I don't want to wait another 2 days after it's released, I think I'll just go in store to buy
    03-22-11 11:36 AM
    The Canadian carriers in general do not charge extra to tether, so I never expected that to change with the PlayBook. Looking forward to tethering to my Mobilicity BB!
    03-22-11 11:44 AM
    The Canadian carriers in general do not charge extra to tether, so I never expected that to change with the PlayBook. Looking forward to tethering to my Mobilicity BB!
    yes i believe rogers allows tethering on 1GB+ plans, although i believe there are ways to do so on smaller plans (i'm on 500mb)
    03-22-11 11:58 AM
    Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but I need to ask.

Other than price what would be the motivation to buy a WI-FI only device like the Playbook from a carrier like Verizon or AT&T as oppose to a retail outlet like BestBuy?

Also, would a future 3G/4G device obsolete these device? No way to upgrade to carrier network?
    it is obvious, but it seems many are confused by it. it makes NO difference, its a wifi only device, you can buy it anywhere and it`ll be the same. only potential benifits are location/price/accesorys/availability (expect price to be same across the board).

as for will a future 3G version make it obselete? no, much like the iPad and iPad2 wifi only versions are fine it`ll be the same for the playbook, alot of people dont want to held down by a data plan (plus OS6.1 brings wifi hotspot)
    03-22-11 12:07 PM
    I'm going to stay FAR away from VZW when I buy my PB... don't need to give Big Red any reason to start looking at my account for tethering.
    03-22-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD