The Xoom price comes close to matching a similar iPad. Also the data plan and activation aren't required.

I agree though $800 is more than I'm willing to spend on a tablet.
    03-03-11 12:30 PM
    You are right--I've had a PS3 for over 3 years and love it. I always kinda "looked down my nose" at the wii, due in large part to the lower graphics and my perception that it was primarily for little kids. Then...I actually played one for a couple of evenings while visiting family and had a blast with it, even with the primitive graphics. Bowling was the game that sealed the deal for my buying a Wii just before christmas. My wife doesn't play the PS3 with me more than a few times a year, but we bowl on the wii almost 7 days a week. Bottom line: it's a ton of FUN!!!
    I have a PS3,Wii and a 360 so tell me what kind of fool i am hahahah.
    Seriously though the Wii is a ton of fun. My older aunt was home for Christmas a year ago and is not a video game player, she tried and as soon as she got back to Maryland my uncle bought her one. Big time gamers diss it because it's not HD or doesn't have the graphics of the other two but sales numbers don't lie

The Wii is just stupid mindless fun and they sold a ton of them. You know Sony & Microsoft was scratching their heads like man wtf is this hahahah

but back to tablets. I think they all have something to offer but at the end of the day the average consumer is not going to care about specs
    tstrike34 likes this.
    03-03-11 12:36 PM
    if you could get the LTE 32gb zoom for $600 no contract or activation what would you say then?
    03-03-11 12:56 PM
    if you could get the LTE 32gb zoom for $600 no contract or activation what would you say then?
    Depends on how much LTE is per month, that is appealing though. 10" isnt
    1812dave likes this.
    03-03-11 01:33 PM
    I'd probably be ready to lay some money down. I'd want a little a Yes or No on netflix though, I'm not too keen on paying PlayOn. It would be steal at that price only activate the LTE when I wanted.
    03-03-11 01:37 PM
    To be edited. Original comment was wrong.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 03-03-11 at 04:45 PM.
    03-03-11 04:42 PM
    I have a PS3,Wii and a 360 so tell me what kind of fool i am hahahah.
    Seriously though the Wii is a ton of fun. My older aunt was home for Christmas a year ago and is not a video game player, she tried and as soon as she got back to Maryland my uncle bought her one. Big time gamers diss it because it's not HD or doesn't have the graphics of the other two but sales numbers don't lie

The Wii is just stupid mindless fun and they sold a ton of them. You know Sony & Microsoft was scratching their heads like man wtf is this hahahah

but back to tablets. I think they all have something to offer but at the end of the day the average consumer is not going to care about specs
    My dad is 84 and mom is 80. A few weeks ago they were here for dinner. I actually got them to bowl on wii! Took them about 3 frames to get the hang of it and they had a good time. No way would either of them touch my PS3.
    03-03-11 04:44 PM
    Depends on how much LTE is per month, that is appealing though. 10" isnt
    I could envision using LTE with a 7" device but not 10", as you mentioned (think XOOM, ipad2 and all the other large stay-at-home tablets)
    03-03-11 04:46 PM
    I could envision using LTE with a 7" device but not 10", as you mentioned (think XOOM, ipad2 and all the other large stay-at-home tablets)
    Exactly, i should be able to take advantage of LTE everywhere, not just my couch.
    03-03-11 05:04 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD