I got this Bluetooth keyboard yesterday http://www.amazon.com/ProMini-Wirele...bUvbUpU6442863 for my PlayBook. Someone else on CrackBerry recommended it but I can't figure out how to closeout apps on my PlayBook with it. Anyone know a way to do this?
    06-28-11 03:05 AM
    Sorry don't have an answer to your question, but I like the look of this. How well does the trackpad work on the Playbook? Can you scoot around and 'select' ok with it?

Maybe you can even highlight for cut n paste with the shift key depressed? Or does that not work?

Also does the onscreen keyboard still pop up whenever you want to fill a form/enter a URL etc.? That could get kinda annoying.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by simsim1000; 06-28-11 at 05:18 AM.
    06-28-11 04:51 AM
    Right click and drag up from the bottom to simulate a bezel swipe, same with menus at the top, hold right mouse button and drag down from the top.
    mahsoud, beamolite and cognatus like this.
    06-28-11 05:12 AM
    Sorry don't have an answer to your question, but I like the look of this. How well does the trackpad work on the Playbook? Can you scoot around and 'select' ok with it?

Maybe you can even highlight for cut n paste with the shift key depressed? Or does that not work?

Also does the onscreen keyboard still pop up whenever you want to fill a form/enter a URL etc.? That could get kinda annoying.
    Cheers.
    1. Yes you can but it takes a while to do it because of the size of the screen and the pointer is small. A double tap selects ok. 2. I haven't found a way to do this as of yet. 3. The onscreen key board does not pop up.
    simsim likes this.
    06-28-11 10:32 AM
    Do the arrow keys function for moving the cursor one space in text fields? A little tough to do with a touchscreen...
    06-28-11 11:09 AM
    Do the arrow keys function for moving the cursor one space in text fields? A little tough to do with a touchscreen...
    no it does not.
    06-28-11 11:21 AM
    1. Yes you can but it takes a while to do it because of the size of the screen and the pointer is small. A double tap selects ok. 2. I haven't found a way to do this as of yet. 3. The onscreen key board does not pop up.
    Thanks, that's great to hear. Just ordered one now.
    06-28-11 11:21 AM
    Right click and drag up from the bottom to simulate a bezel swipe, same with menus at the top, hold right mouse button and drag down from the top.
    You don't need to drag-up or right or left or down or whatever! All you have to do is right click in the REGION and it'll simulate the bezel gesture. CMON NOW PPL!!!
    beamolite likes this.
    06-28-11 04:36 PM
    Hi everybody,

just got myself a new Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for my PlayBook. Works fine with PB. Requires no passkey.

Cannot connect to my 9810 smartphone, however. Phone says device requires numeric passkey, although Keyboard seems to require none. The usual 0000 doesn�t work.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any clues.
    08-23-12 04:33 AM
    If it's anything like the keyboard is have you have to put the passkey into the keyboard aswell, so pair as normal, put 0000 into your phone and press ok then quickly type 0000 on the keyboard and hit enter, should hopefully pair then

As for gestures just move the mouse to whichever bezel you want to use and right click (should see the mouse pointer change when it's there)
    Postfuhramt likes this.
    08-23-12 04:48 AM
    Thanks Donnee!

Your hint certainly helped, but regretfully only for about one second. Right after establishing a successful connection, the pairing breaks down. The BB 9810 phone displays the external keyboard as offline, and the keyboard itself reverts to pairing mode.

It�s as if the keyboard awaits yet some sort of additional entry, such as "always trust" or something along that line.

Strange thing is, that with the PlayBook pairing the keyboard is effortless and stable, with no passkey or anything required.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Postfuhramt; 08-23-12 at 11:25 AM.
    08-23-12 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD