I received my blackberry playbook yesterday and everything went fine until I noticed that sometimes the right speaker of the playbook did not function. I wonder if this has happened to any of you guys ...it's really frustrating because I'm not taking all the sound level I should be ... Any suggestion ?
    06-14-11 05:47 PM
    Return it.
    06-14-11 06:33 PM
    i had the same issue with my first PlayBook. i contacted Blackberry and they told to to exchange it. i did and have not had any speaker issues with the new one.
    06-14-11 09:53 PM
    You aren't listening to something that is monotone are you? That was the first thing that came to mind...but I would assume that it is a defective speaker as stated above.
    06-14-11 10:16 PM
    I bought my PlayBook in Orlando but live in the UK - it wasn't until I got back to the UK that the sound packed in completely - and by that I mean that even if you use headphones you get no sound.

Spoke to RIM yesterday and they have agreed to RMA but the only problem is that I have to wait for the official UK release before I can do so....

It does look like there may be a dodgy batch with sound issues. My PlayBook was a 32gb one as it was impossible to find a 64gb one in Orlando via BestBuy, Tandy, Walmart, Staples etc...
    06-15-11 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD