- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
I have some trouble with my playbook. I tried to root it following the guideline here at crackberry (Rooting your BlackBerry PlayBook is easier than ever with DingleBerry 3.x | CrackBerry.com) but something went totaly wrong. It stays in restart mode and no os is comming up. is there any way to revive it again?
- CrackBerry Genius
02-26-2013, 11:36 AM #3
- 1,748 Posts
if you're running a current OS you won't be able to root it,,, i think you need pre-OS2.1 to pull it off,,, they fixed that in one of the updates,,, not sure which...Sent by"THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT" from the fastest PlayBook in the known Berryverse (don't believe me??? ,,, look here ) --->>>[ http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-784133/ ]... jerzeybob.com
- 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM #5
You can try the debrick method to reinstall the current OS or you can go to the Rooting forum and ask there for more help.
Try the Debrick method....
Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
- By Awesomeslayerg in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:23 PM
- By sf49ers in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
- By henryvs in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 14Last Post: 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
- By vmt420 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2008, 10:38 PM
- By purpleberry218 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2008, 10:04 AM