Wired: Link Here

And finally, RIM CEO's response to early reviews:

Bloomberg and CrunchGear

CrackBerry Thread: Link here

Discuss!

Edit: Adding more review links

Edit2: And more...

Edit3 04/14/2011: Alphabetized reviews

Edit4 04/14/2011: Added more links and links for RIM's response. Thank you everybody for posting review links in the thread!
    Last edited by soccernamlak; 04-15-11 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Moved CB's review to the top!
    bjw408h, ippyg and cogsinister like this.
    04-13-11 08:04 PM
    Clicking :O
    Going to read them now. Thanks
    04-13-11 08:05 PM
    04-13-11 08:07 PM
    Reading them all now... not loving the 7/10 from Engadget, but I guess they have a few valid points. Was pulling for an 8/10.
    04-13-11 08:08 PM
    Reading them all now... not loving the 7/10 from Engadget, but I guess they have a few valid points. Was pulling for an 8/10.
    lol a few people called it. Surely it cannot compare to the Infallible Perfectness of iPad2
    04-13-11 08:11 PM
    WTF are talking about "I just don’t see a killer app on the PlayBook, and that’s the real problem. It does a lot of things, but it doesn’t do 90% of things better than an iPad 2 or a XOOM."

Running Flash that is 100% better than the iPad.
    sf49ers likes this.
    04-13-11 08:19 PM
    WSJ review: RIM's PlayBook Tablet Is Too Tied to BlackBerry - WSJ.com
    Not particularly good, but then again you wouldn't expect it from Apple fanboy Walt Mossberg anyway.
    Last edited by XPEH; 04-13-11 at 08:38 PM.
    04-13-11 08:22 PM
    The video on gizmodo is priceless.
    04-13-11 08:41 PM
    04-13-11 08:42 PM
    I really want to love the playbook but the lack of a calendar, task, email app makes me somewhat hesitant. Can I wait a few months and deal with having to carry my BB smartphone to get this? Hmmm?
    04-13-11 08:45 PM
    It's a little discouraging reading about the whole calendarand email apps thing. I wasn't getting the PB at release date anyway so that's cool that within the next few months all the proper updates should have taken place, but that's a lil disappointing there's still some issues so close to the release.
    04-13-11 08:48 PM
    04-13-11 08:51 PM
    Thankfully we are not obligated to choose our products based on our need to maintain financial viability upon the favorable nod of the manufacturer. We can pick what we want based on our own research.
    04-13-11 08:52 PM
    hype: pb browser is awesome!
    reality: ummm it sucks?
    04-13-11 08:55 PM
    04-13-11 09:00 PM
    so the consensus and I mean every review, unless you already use BB, wait.
    slbailey1 likes this.
    04-13-11 09:06 PM
    that was the review i was waiting on...they are always great. standard tests across the board to show a good picture of things. battery really is less than i was thinking.
    04-13-11 09:08 PM
    Just out, the NY TImes review:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/te...ref=technologyA BlackBerry Tablet, but Where Are the Apps?
    04-13-11 09:12 PM
    that was the review i was waiting on...they are always great. standard tests across the board to show a good picture of things. battery really is less than i was thinking.
    Yup, they let the numbers do the talking and arent afraid to lay it out on the table (the entire anandtech staff thought the ipad was nice but in extremely limited situations or useless and i couldnt agree more)
    04-13-11 09:13 PM
    hype: pb browser is awesome!
    reality: ummm it sucks?

"Web page compatibility is ridiculously good with the PlayBook's browser, partially due to RIM's excellent implementation of hardware accelerated Flash 10.2. Corner cases that wouldn't work on Android or iOS work perfectly on the PlayBook. While I personally prefer the UI of Honeycomb's browser and the size/screen of the iPad 2, the PlayBook probably offers the best browsing experience from a pure software standpoint of any of the tablets." -Anandtech

Yup sure sounds like it sucks to me.
    04-13-11 09:33 PM
    I think there are many folks looking for the reason to not buy and the reason to ridicule. They will find comfort in that pursuit. I wish them well with the products they choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 09:50 PM
    Called it. But I give Engadget scores no credibility whatsoever.
    04-13-11 09:59 PM
    so the consensus and I mean every review, unless you already use BB, wait.
    The best days on CB are when you aren't present...

I'm going to find the ignore button and place you as the first... I should also create a signature that promotes other users to do the same!

You submit zero as far as a contributor to the forum...

Every thread you post in turns the momentum of the thread into a regressive state severely derailing the enriching experience forumer's seek.

I really hope for your own sake. You contribute more in your own life and society then you do to these forums!
    04-13-11 10:02 PM
    I thought the reviews in general were quite fair. It was a mixed bag and most reviewers liked a lot of stuff about the Playbook. The principal complaints seemed to revolve around it being not quite complete yet until the promised updates roll around. That's certainly a fair criticism and I think that some people are well warranted to wait a bit to see how the updates go before buying. But it doesn't change things for me since the good stuff seems really good and most of the bad stuff should be resolved shortly in the updates which apparently will come at a 6-8 week pace. Especially nice since we won't have to wait for carrier testing and acceptance.

Some nice surprises are the update to flash 10.2 instead of 10.1 and the ability to handle flash better than any other tablet or mobile device (with the concommitent caveat that some flash sites are hard to navigate with touch rather than a mouse). Another nice surprise is that it can handle high profile 1080p. Lastly, although it's contrast is middle of the road, it is far brighter than another other tablet (see the Anandtech review for numbers)
    04-13-11 10:13 PM
    Excellent review ... thanks for posting.

I learned something new. Several new things actually, but this one in particular:

BlackBerry Bridge Browser

Remember that all Bridge apps use your BlackBerry's encrypted internet connection to get to the outside world. If you need that added layer of security for web browsing, just fire up the Bridge Browser.

The Bridge Browser app itself is just as functional as the standard PlayBook browser. You can even run the PlayBook's browser and the BlackBerry Bridge browser in parallel, using one for unencrypted web traffic and the other when you need additional security. The only difference between the two browsers is what path your packets take: WiFi or Bluetooth-to-BlackBerry-radio.
    This is the first I've seen of the Bridge Browser. If it means what I think it means, well, it would sure make it easier to give them a pass for the temporary absence of a local email and calendar client.
    04-13-11 10:14 PM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD