Where are you going to (hoping to) buy your Playbook and why? Some stores have great return policies and some have points systems etc.. Which one will you use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 09:12 AM
    what is a "point system"?
    03-22-11 09:16 AM
    Some stores offer rewards points for purchases.
    And a lot of people are avid point collectors.
    Myself I am hoping Costco will get them as they have the best return policy, but if not then I will go to Best Buy and get my rewards points.

03-22-11 09:20 AM
    Some stores offer rewards points for purchases.
    And a lot of people are avid point collectors.
    Myself I am hoping Costco will get them as they have the best return policy, but if not then I will go to Best Buy and get my rewards points.

ah. I rarely buy anything at BB, but I did get a Wii system a few months back and now that you mentioned it, I recall some "rewards points" mentioned, along with talk about registering on line for it. I didn't bother. I buy more from Costco, Amazon, and other retailers. My Amex card nets me money back each year. This year I got $370.
    03-22-11 09:23 AM
    Sweet! That's almost enough for a PB right there!

Ya some people are very loyal to their points systems, I'm more about return policy. Hence Costco.

03-22-11 09:44 AM
    Well BB of course!

Only cause I saved my xmas gift cards and this won't cost me much.

The accessories, well that might be a different story on how much it cost me. I have avoided looking at them until I knew a firm date. Guess I have some shopping to do now.
    03-22-11 09:51 AM
    Sweet! That's almost enough for a PB right there!

Ya some people are very loyal to their points systems, I'm more about return policy. Hence Costco.

Yes, on all but some select products, their return policy is awesome and I've taken advantage of it a few times. One odd thing is that TV's have a limited return window, but if you buy a "monitor" you can return it years later. I did that with a POS Princeton monitor and bought a better unit for a lot less money. Costco rocks!
    03-22-11 09:52 AM
    Best Buy since I have a big gift card balance.
    03-22-11 10:23 AM
    Future Shop if I'm in Canada on launch day, I have about 700 in gift cards.

Yaaa Travelodge reward points!

03-22-11 10:28 AM
    Hopefully at Wind cause its my phone carrier. Hopefully its out before April 26th cause I fly April 27th to Australia for a month. The long flight is going be crap without the PB.

03-22-11 11:16 AM
    Best Buy for the Reward Points... I'm thinking though that there will be some promotion later on where you pre-order it and get a 1000 extra points. Will need to cancel my pre-order though if they do that.

Costco may be a good option as well if first production run has hardware issues like Apple products.
    03-22-11 11:18 AM
    Good question. Thinking of pre-order with Best Buy and get my points. Then again I may wait to actualy see-hold-touch a demo, so who ever gets them out first.
    03-22-11 11:18 AM
    Now that I know US and Canada are having the same release date and more importantly at the SAME PRICE! (yay!) I'm buying mine at Future Shop. For my birthday I got enough gift cards to buy one.

I still haven't decided on what accessories I should get.
    03-22-11 11:25 AM
    I was going to pre-order but decided I still want to hold the device before I shell out that kind of dough. However, while I was debating I noticed that if you are not going to get the protection plan, Staples is the better buy because they have earlier and free shipping. If you are going to get the protection plan, BB's is cheaper so you end up saving money with BB even if you pay for shipping.
    03-22-11 12:06 PM
    Now that I know US and Canada are having the same release date and more importantly at the SAME PRICE! (yay!) I'm buying mine at Future Shop. For my birthday I got enough gift cards to buy one.

I still haven't decided on what accessories I should get.
    If you're on a boarder it will still be cheaper in the US

Same price means you get 3%-6% savings. On current dollar

In addition to a lower tax rate. GST /PST /HST pending your location

03-22-11 01:54 PM
    I think Staples will end up being the best way.. Especially with coupons..

03-24-11 07:35 AM
    Ordered mine from BB this morning,used gift cards and am a Reward Zone Member,
    03-24-11 07:36 AM
    If you're on a boarder it will still be cheaper in the US

Same price means you get 3%-6% savings. On current dollar

In addition to a lower tax rate. GST /PST /HST pending your location

However, one should never forget about the continual rising price of the dear gasoline prices.
    03-24-11 08:27 AM
    Too bad QVC isn't selling it.

They let you use it for 30 days and if you're not happy or just don't want it you can return with no restocking.
    03-24-11 10:59 AM
    90 Day Return at Costco, but they don't list it yet,
    I'd bet Costco will bundle it with a case or something too.

14 Days at other retailers should be enough to make a decision
    or just sit back and read the reviews.

Price wise, using a $20 coupon at Staples looks good,
    Bestbuy has points but they do not amount to much.
    03-24-11 11:12 AM
    Ordering mines from Best Buy reward money to use and plus get the points from buying there.
    03-24-11 11:40 AM
    I've not found the reward points at BB to be worth much and no sign of PB at Costco so I'll probably get mine from CDW. We buy enough stuff from them that we get good pricing, the service is excellent and they have a 30 day no ?'s asked return policy.
    03-24-11 01:09 PM
    Costco Canada has a 90 Day return policy on all electronics, beats the 14 Day return policy that Best Buy has. My call is Costco, the only question is if they will have all three models to choose from.
    03-24-11 11:11 PM
    90 Day Return at Costco, but they don't list it yet,
    I'd bet Costco will bundle it with a case or something too.

14 Days at other retailers should be enough to make a decision
    or just sit back and read the reviews.

Price wise, using a $20 coupon at Staples looks good,
    Bestbuy has points but they do not amount to much.
    Costco Canada has a 90 Day return policy on all electronics, beats the 14 Day return policy that Best Buy has. My call is Costco, the only question is if they will have all three models to choose from.
    Are there any restocking fees? I believe Best Buy has a 15% restocking fee.
    03-25-11 05:10 AM
    I pre-ordered mine through Best Buy for the points. Also, I got free shipping from them for being a Rewards Zone member. I'm not sure if its because I'm a Premiere Silver member or not for the free shipping.
    03-25-11 06:13 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD