I needed to send my PB away for a hardware repair and BB told me to back up before sending it as it would come back wiped. So I did this. Possibly foolishly, whilst the PB was away I rebuilt my PC. That was backed up too so I still have the .bbb file to do the restore, but having reinstalled the Desktop Manager I can't get it to see the .bbb file. I have pointed the Manager to the folder that the .bbb file is in, but it won't see it. I have taken another backup of the substantially blank PB, and the new .bbb file is visible alongside the old in the same folder, but nevertheless I can't select the old one to restore from. I thought I might be able to rename the old .bbb using the name of the new and then find it, but that's no go, but I can't move, rename or change the old file in any way, it's locked.

Any clues about what is wrong here?
    11-19-13 05:59 AM
    That sounds like the file might be corrupt. but you might try looking at the file info first and make sure it's set to share.
    11-19-13 06:08 AM
    Awww, no! She'll kill me if I don't get her stuff back! I'll have another look at the file this evening. How do I know if it's "set to share"?
    11-19-13 06:36 AM
    Hopefully it's not corrupt. To check the file info go to the file itself and right click. At the bottom of the dropdown. You should have the option to see the info. You might also delete DM and reinstall it.
    11-19-13 07:05 AM
    Hopefully it's not corrupt. To check the file info go to the file itself and right click. At the bottom of the dropdown. You should have the option to see the info. You might also delete DM and reinstall it.
    A related question: does restoring a PB Back-Up also restore various cached files, etc.? A number of users have suggesting an occasional wipe and OS restore is helpful to "clean out" outdated files. But by using the PB's back-up and restore function, am I actually re-loading unnecessary files and data?
    11-19-13 09:02 AM