Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...

am so ready for this

Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic... tac...Tic...
    09-20-11 02:22 AM
    I'm trying to register on that site but We're sorry, the application form is not yet available for your country.*We are adding new country locations over time. Please be patient as we continue to expand across the globe...

Anyway, thanks for the info...
    Yes, same Issue here, in France. No beta, no advertising ... no marketing ?
    What a strange thing from our Canadian cousins ...
    09-20-11 02:55 AM
    In that thread, the project manager says "before Christmas."

I guess that means no more than 96 days from today.
    09-20-11 06:56 AM

If they miss getting this update out long enough before Black Friday for it to be re-reviewed and for a new rebirth ad campaign or whatever you want to call it, so people will know it exists before heading out for Black Friday sales and Christmas shopping, then RIM should just forget about the update and not waste anymore time on the Playbook. Needs to be out by mid-November at the absolute latest to have any hope of relevance for the Holiday sales season. My assumption is 2.0 will be out with the Blackberry Cyclone on October 31 (assuming they still release the Cyclone, aka BlackberryTV, on the 31st as we've seen on leaked roadmaps). This way they will have two devices that will work together and can be marketed together for the Holiday season.
    09-20-11 07:09 AM
    Summer over in 2 days?

Shouldn't we have the Android Player?

lol.....Love you Rim... ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:18 AM
    It's a good reply, really. And I don't want to be negative, I don't. However, I can't consider all the updates we've had to be very substantial. Some of them have been small, basic, as the reply stated that they weren't.
    09-20-11 08:03 AM
    It's a good reply, really. And I don't want to be negative, I don't. However, I can't consider all the updates we've had to be very substantial. Some of them have been small, basic, as the reply stated that they weren't.
    If you listened to the latest Crackberry Podcast, Kevin and the others said that the purpose of the last update was to take away the leaked Android Player!
    09-20-11 08:17 AM

And then he Replied It "It will be like Christmas Come EARLY" To You.
    09-20-11 09:38 AM
    And then he Replied It "It will be like Christmas Come EARLY" To You.
    That response wasn't from anyone at RIM.
    09-20-11 09:45 AM
    Moving the PB forward as an Enterprise device - beyond potential - is critical.
    The "work in the field" world is going towards applications beyond what works on a small screen - but simpler/faster than a notebook. The iPad opened up the possibilities - and now it is moving forward in concepts. We already push info to our salesforce on BB's thru Salesforce.com as a portal, and need to take it up a notch to include 2-way interchanges and not just pushed data. That means tablets - hope RIM captures a chunk of that business.
    Disparishun and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-20-11 11:44 AM
    lets hope they surprise us in september.
    09-20-11 02:47 PM
    no matter if the response was real or not, talk is cheap at this point. show us the the goods, we have waited patiently enough.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-20-11 02:59 PM
    Moving the PB forward as an Enterprise device - beyond potential - is critical.
    The "work in the field" world is going towards applications beyond what works on a small screen - but simpler/faster than a notebook. The iPad opened up the possibilities - and now it is moving forward in concepts. We already push info to our salesforce on BB's thru Salesforce.com as a portal, and need to take it up a notch to include 2-way interchanges and not just pushed data. That means tablets - hope RIM captures a chunk of that business.
    Agree. My wife's company, which is a large international vendor of specialized devices (headquartered in U.S. -- we are in Canada), apparently is converting their entire sales team to iPads. They are building apps and retrofitting their systems to accommodate this.

I asked what about Playbook and she said they had not even considered it. I think this type of environment is a huge missed opportunity, especially for a company like hers where the sales force is all still on Blackberries (for the time being, anyway).

If RIM does not have a whole team devoted to making Playbooks into the ultimate sales force device -- figuring out what apps are needed and designing them, knocking on corporate doors, asking companies to act as "beta" users by giving them free Playbooks in return for information and continual feedback about use cases -- then that is truly unfortunate. They ought to.

Would love to see Crackberry open a Playbook forum area devoted to people describing how Playbooks have been integrated into enterprises.
    glassofpinot and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-20-11 03:24 PM
    Agree. My wife's company, which is a large international vendor of specialized devices (headquartered in U.S. -- we are in Canada), apparently is converting their entire sales team to iPads. They are building apps and retrofitting their systems to accommodate this.

I asked what about Playbook and she said they had not even considered it. I think this type of environment is a huge missed opportunity, especially for a company like hers where the sales force is all still on Blackberries (for the time being, anyway).

If RIM does not have a whole team devoted to making Playbooks into the ultimate sales force device -- figuring out what apps are needed and designing them, knocking on corporate doors, asking companies to act as "beta" users by giving them free Playbooks in return for information and continual feedback about use cases -- then that is truly unfortunate. They ought to.

Would love to see Crackberry open a Playbook forum area devoted to people describing how Playbooks have been integrated into enterprises.
    Unfortunately this is all too common a sceneario. While the PB is a very promising platform, until there's a solid application selection it's not going to grow in the enterprise market. Don't get me wrong... I love my PlayBook... it goes everywhere with me... but, with very few exceptions, the available applications are comparitively pathetic. (c'mon... an "enterprise ready" device with no SSH client?). For any computing device, the application base is where the rubber meets the road. I'm hopeful that the upcoming 2.0 release with its Android player will greatly increase the PB's traction in the market as well as provide large numbers of greatly needed apps. RIM still has a chance to make the PlayBook the "one to have" for the masses that aren't reading this post (ie- already on the PB bus)... hopefully this chance won't fall victim to excessive development delays or a simple failure to deliver the goods... soon.

Now back to the PlayBook for a few minutes of "enterprise ready" Need for Speed
    09-21-11 07:58 AM
    I love my Playbook and it keeps getting better every month.
    That said Im still waiting for spell check and autocorrect. Other than that I wouldnt trade my playbook for anything else even if you payed me.
    09-21-11 08:55 AM
    Other than that I wouldnt trade my playbook for anything else even if you payed me.
    I don't think we should worry about that this time... nobody is going to pay us... let's wait for the OS2 and aura may change...
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-11 09:31 AM
    It does seem like they would want to get 2.0 out to get some benefit from holiday sales. Maybe they don't care that much about holiday sales though, being so enterprise focussed?

And aren't the co CEO's under a six month leash of some kind? Maybe that plays into release date?
    Enterprise focused??? The beta development kit is only available to game developers.
    09-21-11 11:01 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD