First off, sorry if this has been discussed previously. I've spent a lot of time digging around looking for a solution, but have not found one. Here's the issue:

With the latest Playbook OS update, I decided to bridge with BB. I've bridged in the past before, but just for a short period of time to try out the remote controlling capabilities. Nothing other than that. However, now with the ability to BBM and send text messages, I bridged and tried out the new features. I then opened up the Video Chat app and noticed that a lot of my contacts were showing up twice. Believing it could be a bridging issue, I shut that down and rebooted my Playbook. Whether I'm bridged or not, some of my contacts in Video Chat are duplicated. All the contact information for each duplicated contact is the same.

Does anyone know why this is and how to resolve it? I believe that the issue only started with the new update.
    Last edited by u4ria; 10-08-12 at 09:25 PM.
    10-07-12 10:51 AM
    Issue appears to be that all the contacts were unlinked. I had to go in and relink all my contacts.

To do so, click on your PB contacts. Then on the far right hand side, you'll see an icon that looks like a chain link. Click on that and then start relinking your contacts. I had to do this for all my contacts. Once you do this, there will no longer be any duplicate contacts as they will be merged together.
    10-08-12 09:27 PM