I've been reading some posts on what people are uploading to the playbook and have 3 questions:
    1) Origami browser: I uploaded this, but what's it for? I never use the browser that came w/the playbook, and would really appreciate some help with what its advantages are.

2) kalimsoft: is this for video streaming? How is it better than hooking up the HDMI cable to the TV? I use Project free TV to watch a couple of series - (please do not yell at me for this - I have been giving Rogers Cable more and more money for less and less quality TV) - PS: no movies on project free are wlrth watching)

3) I have 32gig PB and a 64gig PB. I use then interchangea ly. Is the a way to sync my docs on doc to go and phitos from one PB to the other?

thx for any advice!!
    Last edited by castoridae; 09-17-13 at 05:33 PM.
    09-17-13 05:20 PM
    1) Origami has some features that the stock browser doesn't- find on page, scrollpad, ad block, etc. But to me, it's main advantage is turbo mode, which switches off java and flash and makes the browser go much faster, It is possible to switch off java and flash in the stock browser, it's just easier to do with Origami.
    2) Kalemsoft again has some features that the stock Video player doesn't but its main feature is its ability to play video formats not supported by the Playbook, including vids with AC-3 audio. Thus, there is no need to convert or remux videos for playback. For HDMI out, it's probably better to use the stock Videos player, since it supports presentation mode, while Kalemsoft (I think) doesn't.
    3) there are many ways to sync or transfer your pics and documents between Playbooks. You could just transfer files to the cloud from one PB and then download the files with the other PB. Or, you could transfer files to your PC from one PB and then transfer them to the other PB. Or, you could hook up both PBs by usb to your PC and drag and drop from one to another. Or, you could do the same wirelessly. Or..........
    09-17-13 06:46 PM
    1) Origami has some features that the stock browser doesn't- find on page, scrollpad, ad block, etc. But to me, it's main advantage is turbo mode, which switches off java and flash and makes the browser go much faster, It is possible to switch off java and flash in the stock browser, it's just easier to do with Origami.
    2) Kalemsoft again has some features that the stock Video player doesn't but its main feature is its ability to play video formats not supported by the Playbook, including vids with AC-3 audio. Thus, there is no need to convert or remux videos for playback. For HDMI out, it's probably better to use the stock Videos player, since it supports presentation mode, while Kalemsoft (I think) doesn't.
    3) there are many ways to sync or transfer your pics and documents between Playbooks. You could just transfer files to the cloud from one PB and then download the files with the other PB. Or, you could transfer files to your PC from one PB and then transfer them to the other PB. Or, you could hook up both PBs by usb to your PC and drag and drop from one to another. Or, you could do the same wirelessly. Or..........
    Well I just re-email stuff to myself now, but its lame.
    09-17-13 07:42 PM