My boss went to Chicago a few years ago... says he's never been so cold in his entire life.

Freezing wind, snow, ice... and he swears he saw polar bears swimming in the lake!

So wrap up warm if you decide to go after F2!
    I am forever in your debt JeepBB. That's seals the deal and the contract is off. I don't like their planes anyway so I'm not going. See what else turns up. Don't want to upset you JeepBB but having just acquired a microwave I decided to test drive it. I am typing this whilst eagerly awaiting the sacred sound of the "ding" notifying me that my cornish pasty has been heated to perfection. Not being able to find a reference to pasties in the instructions, I set the timer for jacket potatoes as the pasty contains potato. In another 15mins I should hear the ding and I can almost hear you drooling right now.
    02-25-13 04:13 PM
    OMG, I hope you have a teflon mouth cause that pastie is going to be rather hot. they only need about 3 minutes in the microwave.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-25-13 04:22 PM
    I am forever in your debt JeepBB.
    You're welcome! He also mentioned icebergs in the lake, but he may have been making that bit up.

In another 15mins I should hear the ding and I can almost hear you drooling right now.
    Yup, 15 mins should be spot-on for pasties - should be lovely and piping hot.

Tho'... You might want to be in another room, maybe even a room in another house, when it dings. There's some slight chance that the generated steam might burst the pastie and possibly the microwave. Maybe start with 10 minutes and see how that goes?
    02-25-13 04:32 PM
    OMG, I hope you have a teflon mouth cause that pastie is going to be rather hot. they only need about 3 minutes in the microwave.
    Ok ok I will agree it's a little on the warm side and has the consistency of a house brick but it's still a pasty, well sort of, it's a little bit well a lot smaller and more compact than it was but in an hour or so when it can be handled safely without asbestos gloves I will try to attempt to do something with it. I am only following the instructions and it's not my fault that they don't mention cornish pasties is it. There was a reference to pastries that said use low power but I couldn't find the button that's why I used the jacket potato setting.

Why did I ever listen to that F2?
    02-25-13 04:38 PM
    Ok don't all cheer at once but will be off for the next few hours. Upgraded my phone and changed air time providers. They just informed me that my number is about to be ported across to them so my existing phone will cut off and it could take anything up to two hours for my number to go live again. Take care in my absence and don't believe anything you hear about bb10.
    02-25-13 04:53 PM
    My boss went to Chicago a few years ago... says he's never been so cold in his entire life.

Freezing wind, snow, ice... and he swears he saw polar bears swimming in the lake!

So wrap up warm if you decide to go after F2!
    I lived, that is PAST TENSE, in Chicago many years ago for 3 years - school. It actually only snowed a few times and only once enough to cross-country ski. Also, the Windy City was rarely that windy and I think it only dropped to -3F once during the Winters I was there. I usually escaped in the summer.

I'm now in the north latitudes Banana Belt - the Pacific NorthWET or NorthWET Washington and it can be gray but does not snow often (so far this Winter Tucson has had more snow) and does not get cold often. But it does do so occasionally. Similarly, Summer can be mild, sometimes too mild - there was a Summer when it hit 90F end of May and then never broke 70F the rest of the Summer. And he's welcome to try finding me by driving on the WRONG side of the road.
    02-25-13 06:28 PM
    Yes.

Request to mods - please, no more threads about bb10-bournville-old-jamaica-1.jpg
    02-25-13 06:28 PM
    You're welcome! He also mentioned icebergs in the lake, but he may have been making that bit up.

I now do recall one interesting EVENT. It was sub-freezing although probably not frigid (definitions may vary) and it had been windy. Cars parked near Lake (not sea) were encased in about 4 inches of solid ice. The waves hit the cars and froze, rinse and repeat till quite thick. Not my cars, so it was fascinating to see.
    02-25-13 06:33 PM
    Ok ok I will agree it's a little on the warm side and has the consistency of a house brick but it's still a pasty, well sort of, it's a little bit well a lot smaller and more compact than it was but in an hour or so when it can be handled safely without asbestos gloves I will try to attempt to do something with it. I am only following the instructions and it's not my fault that they don't mention cornish pasties is it. There was a reference to pastries that said use low power but I couldn't find the button that's why I used the jacket potato setting.

Why did I ever listen to that F2?
    At this juncture (look it up), I don't know whether you are really new with microwave "cooking" (term use loosely). But bread does not do very well reheated in a mv- it changes its consistency to nearly awful.
    02-25-13 06:35 PM
    I should add that the Banana Belt revolted this afternoon. Right in the middle of my SUNNY 16 mile bike ride, it decided to HAIL on me and rain and wind and more hail. Much fun and did wonders for the cough that the chicken soup did not cure! Recovered at Starbucks.

And no microwave for dinner - very much the opposite - Sushi.
    Last edited by F2; 02-25-13 at 08:09 PM.
    02-25-13 06:37 PM
    I'm pasty careing
    02-26-13 01:42 AM
    RE: Request to mods - please, no more threads about bb10

Can I request also to mods to remind everyone that they have an option not read threads they don't like to read...
    02-26-13 02:08 AM
    For those who want to make their own Cornish Pasties

Traditional Cornish Pasty and the Perfect Cornish Pasty Recipe

And for those who want to build their own Microwave Oven

And for Sad Old Man
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2091260_make...de-brandy.html
    FF22 and JeepBB like this.
    02-26-13 05:30 AM
    When will BB10 be available for my newly built microwave? I want to be able to peek at my pastry while cooking and I want the microwave to BBM me after the pastry explodes!
    BigwhiteUK and FF22 like this.
    02-26-13 07:06 AM
    Pasty has a very different meaning in the US or to me anyway. Certainly not something to be consumed.
    02-26-13 08:57 AM
    Should try one mmmmm
    02-26-13 09:13 AM
    Branching out - Oh, I want this one:

BigwhiteUK and dangerousfen like this.
    02-26-13 09:23 AM
    Should try one mmmmm
    Is it like a hot pocket?
    02-26-13 10:02 AM
    Pasty has a very different meaning in the US or to me anyway. Certainly not something to be consumed.
    Are you sure - they do have, well, edible underware!
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-26-13 11:50 AM
    Is it like a hot pocket?
    It's an English Calzone without the flavor (gd&r)
    02-26-13 11:51 AM
    I'll go back to my vision of a pasty then.
    02-26-13 12:44 PM
    Usually come in pairs.
    02-26-13 01:10 PM
    Chaddface, please elaborate. You've got me intrigued now.
    02-26-13 02:28 PM
    Usually come in pairs.
    Another similarity to
    Attached Thumbnails Request to mods - please, no more threads about bb10-004665.jpg  
    02-26-13 02:37 PM
    Chaddface, please elaborate. You've got me intrigued now.
    You'll have to wiki it. Family friendly forum.
    02-26-13 02:46 PM
291 ... 56789 ...