My pb is starting to show its age and limitations...what tablet should I replace it with?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 04:51 PM
    Depends on what your mainly using it for. I myself like the Windows tablets, you can get one for around? $350. Of course depending on features. But then again you can get a off brand Android tablet for around $60. In the US watch movies, TV shows and play the notorious Candy Crush, don't understand the popularity.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 05:21 PM
    My pb is starting to show its age and limitations...what tablet should I replace it with?

Posted via CB10
    Dell Venue 8 (250 - win 8.1 pro) if you want to save a few bucks. Surface Pro (750-1000 win 8.1 pro) otherwise is what I use.

It's nice not having to worry anymore if anything is available.

Cheers

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-10-14 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the input. Spent most of yesterday researching and it's been difficult to find something to match the pb hardware. In the end went with the Dell Venue pro 8.1 64 gb which is in the mail...but my pb will always be with me - if only the web browsing didn't start becoming so brutally slow.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd and greenpoise like this.
    05-11-14 02:27 PM
    I bought a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to replace my PlayBook!

Really cheap tablet, never looked back

Posted via CB10
    greenpoise likes this.
    05-11-14 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the input. Spent most of yesterday researching and it's been difficult to find something to match the pb hardware. In the end went with the Dell Venue pro 8.1 64 gb which is in the mail...but my pb will always be with me - if only the web browsing didn't start becoming so brutally slow.

Posted via CB10
    For what it's worth.

My fancy laptop was fried today. Thanks to having a win 8.1 pro tablet though I get to continue with business as usual

Good to have a backup.

Posted via CB from my LE
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-11-14 07:13 PM
    Go for DVP8, you will love it... the promise of "productivity" in our PlayBook, DVP8 will fulfill it...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 07:57 PM
    I have the Dell and it is great, though compared to the PB the cameras and speaker are not up to par if that matters to you. I also find that I wish a stylus was built in. Windows 8 still drops you to the desktop occasionally which is hard to navigate with your fingers.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Other than the Speakers, not sure what about the PlayBook's hardware was "difficult" to BEAT today. But I think you will be happy with the Venue, if you have a Windows 8 computer... you should have no problems using the Venue.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-12-14 08:36 AM
    Couldn't be happier with my Toshiba encore. There are a couple threads already but I know, long reads lol.
    05-12-14 08:39 AM