I bought my Playbook in Feb and it developed an internal mic problem. When recording video or voice notes, all it played was static. Sent it to be repaired and it was returned fairly quickly. Was very happy with that. However, the problem was not fixed and it is the exact same as before. Should I return it again and hope it's repaired this time or do an exchange? How long will the hold on my credit card be? I don't have any extra money for it to be tied up. Any advice or experience? Had a great experience with support but the repair facility didn't do a thing.
    06-16-12 12:37 PM
    You should be asking these question to the support or repair facility. If they did not fix your issue then you need to take it back and advice them of it.
    06-16-12 12:41 PM
    IF they are willing to do an exchange, I THINK your credit card (credit value) will be released soon after they receive the defective unit back. But they can probably answer the question better.
    06-16-12 01:04 PM
    Ok. Just curious if anyone else had a problem with repairs. I was without my playbook for about a week last time and it was returned unfixed. Support is in Canada and repair is in Tennessee. Not gonna be happy if I send it again and it's not repaired. Just got back home from vacation and am contacting them again on Monday. They are already aware that a new RMA needs to be created.
    06-16-12 02:49 PM
    All I can say is that mine left the nw corner of the US on Weds at 4:30pm, they received it on Thurs, shipped out a different pb on Friday and I got it back on Monday! I THINK that it was a NEW unit but I cannot be sure but it was not my unit as the serial number is different.

Good luck
    06-16-12 03:19 PM
    Thanks for the genuine replies. Just looking for someone that might have had a similar problem. Good people here and then others that just say to call support. Just looking for a little insight.
    06-16-12 07:14 PM
    If you go for the exchange and credit card hold, it is very fast, since everything is 2 day paid shipping. They send you a PB and you send them your's back. You are not without a PB. Again, can't tell if it was new or refurb as it is in a shipper box with no accessories. It will have a different SN and I asked them to check it and they "said" it was new. There were no scratches but it had some fingerprints on it so I guess they did a thorough check of it before sending. They will refund your card when they get notice from TN that your's made it. I didn't keep track of how long that was but you can hurry the process if you are in email contact with support and have them check with TN. I'd do the exchange if you don't have confidence they can fix it.
    06-16-12 07:46 PM
    I think they only offer express exchange if the PlayBook is less than a month old.

I had a similar problem with a repair. In my case it was a headphone jack that didn't work and came back unrepaired. I called support and they made sure it was dealt with the second time. To be fair to repair, I noticed that the headphone jack did work if you pressed on the middle of the back, so there may have been an intermittent problem that didn't show up when they tested it.
    06-16-12 08:44 PM
    I think they only offer express exchange if the PlayBook is less than a month old.
    Oh, I guess that was under the registered 90 day support. Maybe they only offered it to me cuz it was only a week old. Sent it in for a bad power button.
    06-17-12 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD