So I finally decided to really play around with the remote feature. I must say, this is quite a powerful tool! As a matter of fact, I'm typing this post with the remote. Anyway, I was filling out a form for a license key on my 9850 and remembered the "View On" feature.

I fired it up, and not only did it open up the page on my PlayBook, but it carried over the form data, too!! Another neat feature I noticed is that I can use my 9850 screen for course mouse movement and the trackpad acts as a fine movement for the cursor! Impressive.

I also noticed that it auto-capitalizes sentences and "I"s. In addition to that, it spell checks. You use the trackpad to maneuver back to a word, click on it, and the spell check list of words pop up. Just select your intended word and BAM. No more excuses for jacked up spelling in posts anymore!

02-28-12 02:07 PM
    Yep. The remote control is for sure a lovely nifty feature.
    02-28-12 02:17 PM
    How do you open a webpage from phone on playbook?

sent from the awesome playbook
    02-28-12 02:23 PM
    How do you open a webpage from phone on playbook?

Once you are bridged, hover over the link using your handset and hit the BlackBerry button. Scroll through to search for Open on... and there you go!
    02-28-12 02:25 PM
    Yes, I know. I love this new feature of the remote control. I hook up my PB to TV and browse Crackberry on the big screen. Neat. My 13 year old daughter thinks I am crazy.
    02-28-12 02:26 PM
    Just used the remote for the first time last night and all I can say is WOW!!

I downloaded a movie from the video store and was watching it on my pb. Well, I felt I needed a bigger screen so I plugged into my tv and fired up the remote. Not only could I watch the movie, but I could answer my emails that came in during the movie, on my tv, from my couch. The remote is too freakin cool.

!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 02:31 PM
    Once you are bridged, hover over the link using your handset and hit the BlackBerry button. Scroll through to search for Open on... and there you go!
    Thank you. Worked perfectly

02-28-12 02:31 PM
    ........and the word AWSOME might be an understatement
    02-28-12 02:32 PM
    Not to be underestimated is the Left, Right, and Middle click available in the menu. On some sites where you need all the mouse buttons, this is extremely useful, as I don't think it can be done otherwise.
    02-28-12 02:33 PM
    without remote, I would not have been able to use hootsuite on browser.. one of myfav features

02-28-12 02:38 PM
    Remote control provides a little something that the other tablets on the market don't have that's a big + for RIM
    02-28-12 02:39 PM
    Then you switch into presentation mode.... aaah. That's the stuff!
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 02-28-12 at 02:49 PM.
    02-28-12 02:45 PM
    OH! I forgot to mention the function, navigation, and miscellaneous keys feature. While in keyboard view, hit the options button and select which keysets you want to use. We have PageUp and PageDown now, baby!!!

You guys really need to play around with this if you haven't! Again typed up on the remote.
    02-28-12 03:01 PM
    Not to be underestimated is the Left, Right, and Middle click available in the menu. On some sites where you need all the mouse buttons, this is extremely useful, as I don't think it can be done otherwise.
    Excellent for use on a rooted PlayBook or puTty terminal, too. Not that I've rooted mine yet.
    02-28-12 03:06 PM
    i like it but i wish it was bidirectional so one could use playbook to check/send sms or whatsapp messages.
    03-01-12 11:37 PM
    YES! Awsome Is The Word Best to Describe The Remote Control or like to called "Blutooth Keyboard & Mouse"! Forget Spending Money on dat garbage! Playbook Will Be the Leader In A Lot Of Beautiful Concepts Im Sure. Very Pleased With PB ;-)
    03-01-12 11:46 PM
    have you guys figured out how to scroll up and down in tapatalk using the bridge remote?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 01:11 AM
    Anyone try it with slashtop? Seems it would make controlling your pc so much easier.

have you guys figured out how to scroll up and down in tapatalk using the bridge remote?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    It doesn't use the 2 fingers?
    03-03-12 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD