- CrackBerry User
- 91 Posts
Reminder to old and new - Password warning
Long story short, I was carrying my Playbook around Las Vegas the other day in case I wanted to use it while I was killing a few hours waiting to head to the airport (my luggage was stowed). As a precaution in case I dropped it I activated the password protection on it which turned out to be a costly mistake. Somehow I made the same typing error TWICE while adding the password so I had to guess what my password was. Needless to say 10 tries came and went, then the wipeout came. Afterwards I spent about an hour sitting in the Aria hotel drinking vodka and setting the Playbook up again. The good news is their wifi is fast so the 300+ mb update was quick. If this ever happens to you the apps are easily recovered, open up Appworld and they will be in the "uninstalled" section. Luckily I don't keep things on the Playbook that I can't replace because I inherently don't trust it as a primary device.
So here's the warning to all who are new to the Playbook - if you forget your password you have precisely 10 tries to get it right or your device will be wiped. When inputting the password go slow and be careful, because the password doesn't display. Write it down somewhere or throw it in a password vault and if there is something really important make sure and back up.
*For the record I was sober when I set my password initially.
- 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM #3
Re: Reminder to old and new - Password warning
Don't forget to make a full backup with the desktop software now and then. That way, you can reload everything later if needed.RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10.
- By DoctorNeutron in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
- By scarface8559 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2009, 02:19 PM
- By twobjshelbys in forum Storm Rants & Raves ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
- By Jerzeykid in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 27Last Post: 02-20-2009, 04:48 PM
- By spokes54 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 5Last Post: 12-19-2008, 06:08 PM