The book reader for epub and kindle books (downloaded onto my Playbook) is supposed to" remember where you were when application was closed and will take you there when started again or switch back from another book".
    Well is used to do this but lately when I close the application and re-open the book, it takes me right back to the front cover of the book. This is sooooo annoying because I basically have to re-read the book to find out where I was. Has anyone else had this problem and any clue how to fix it??????
    10-14-13 01:01 PM
    The book reader for epub and kindle books (downloaded onto my Playbook) is supposed to" remember where you were when application was closed and will take you there when started again or switch back from another book".
    Well is used to do this but lately when I close the application and re-open the book, it takes me right back to the front cover of the book. This is sooooo annoying because I basically have to re-read the book to find out where I was. Has anyone else had this problem and any clue how to fix it??????
    I never used that app, not a big fan pf epub format, but you can contact the dev... Let me find the email...

EDIT: Here you go! [email protected]

Anyway, did you try to reboot the device? Here are the two ways I'd do it:

• Turn the device off, wait a minute (full 60 sec) and then turn it on;
    • Hold vol+, vol- and power and do not let go untill you see the BlackBerry logo on the screen.

Good luck there!
    10-14-13 02:34 PM
    Not sure why that is happening to you. I use that app all the time, and it always remembers where I was in the book. Seeing it is not a general problem, perhaps It could have something to do with either your app or your PB settings.
    10-14-13 05:02 PM
    Nope, didn't work. So if i uninstall the app and re-install it, will I lose all my books in the library?? I have tons of books downloaded.
    10-14-13 06:56 PM
    can anyone answer this?
    10-18-13 06:16 AM
    You could make a bookmark before you're closing the book.
    10-18-13 06:20 AM
    Also I think your books should be stored somewhere else and only indexed in the library but not sure. Try to check where your books are located and move to another place if in the app folder.
    10-18-13 06:24 AM
    The way Bookreader works is that you download a book to your download directory. Then you ask Bookreader to go get the book from your directory and ADD the book to your Library. It does some sort of conversion and stores the book in a different place.

I doubt you would lose your library books if you uninstall Bookreader. But even if you did, you can always ADD them back again.

One problem could be that when you uninstall, does the app really get uninstalled? Or is it just removed from your "desktop" (Sorry I forgot what BB call it). No harm in trying anyway. Doesn't cost anything.
    10-18-13 08:52 PM