Will it be possible to plug our BlackBerrys into the PlayBook and reload the software on it?

But then how will we get the exe file install on the PlayBook.

I guess I just answered my own question.
    Hope RIM allows us some way to use loader.exe, BMCP, BSAK etc on the PlayBook.
    01-23-11 09:47 AM
    I doubt this will work. You are still going to need a windows machine
    01-23-11 10:32 AM
    I would hope they'd provide for this functionality, even if it requires a different package format for the OS files. Full backup and restore capabilities on the Playbook would be (IMO) a critical piece of functionality for people looking to replace their laptop with the Playbook, a major selling point for RIM. Hopefully CX can shed some light on this in a few weeks.
    01-23-11 11:01 AM
    This is one of the potentials I hope they flesh out. The ability to download and edit OS installations from the PlayBook would justify the cost for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 12:45 PM
    And like rrrebo said, replace most laptops.

With this functionality added, I would buy a PlayBook and out goes my laptop.
    01-24-11 08:31 PM
    I think "laptop replacement" is not what any tablet maker is thinking. I don't think tablet's are meant to replace laptops. They're a new category of mobile device. They're becoming very powerful devices, so they may change the laptop landscape over the next few years, but I don't think manufacturers currently intend anyone to replace a regular computer by getting a tablet.

I'd be surprised if RIM added the ability to update your Blackberry. A lot of Blackberries can now be updated over the air now, so I think that's the direction RIM is going with not having your BB tied to a computer.

Of course, this is all just my opinion on the tech world and how tablets fit into it.
    01-24-11 09:06 PM
    I think "laptop replacement" is not what any tablet maker is thinking. I don't think tablet's are meant to replace laptops. They're a new category of mobile device. They're becoming very powerful devices, so they may change the laptop landscape over the next few years, but I don't think manufacturers currently intend anyone to replace a regular computer by getting a tablet.

I'd be surprised if RIM added the ability to update your Blackberry. A lot of Blackberries can now be updated over the air now, so I think that's the direction RIM is going with not having your BB tied to a computer.

Of course, this is all just my opinion on the tech world and how tablets fit into it.
    i would never do an OTA update and never recommend them to anyone either. Too long to download and to much chance to lose data
    01-24-11 09:29 PM
    i would never do an OTA update and never recommend them to anyone either. Too long to download and to much chance to lose data
    exactly, i have never ever ever been a fan of OTA update, the-computer-is-faster-and-easier.
    01-24-11 09:31 PM
    I don't do OTA, either. Don't trust them and have had at least one client mess up her Bold by doing one. Since RIM now allows it, I figure it's something they want to promote as the "don't need a computer" way to update your phone. It's not my preferred method, nor do I think it will ever be.
    01-25-11 11:40 PM
    check out qnxforum.com
    01-26-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD