I am pretty sure "test playbooks" are already being tested. We should be nearing a release date, hopefully some instore demo models soon. If RIM hasn't gotten "test" models out the units would be very far behind. Hopefully this will be our lucky month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 10:04 PM
    I'm sorry if my post has caused confusion about the overall state of Playbook. I am basing my participation in the enterprise evalation program to the overall "readiness" of Playbook. Obviously RIM has had evaluation Playbooks out. At the said forum they had a number of devices on hand with a close to final build of the OS. Some functionality was not 100% though (this was early Feb). Many of my peers with much larger Blackberry deployments (over 10k devices) were still waiting for evaluation devices like myself so I'm pretty sure RIM wants a solid opinion of Playbook from their critical corporate partners.

I'm really hopefully they will meet a March release but you have to think they will not announce Playbook anywhere near Apple's iPad so the next week or so is out of the picture. RIM knows many enterprises are taking long looks at competing tablets so they are burning the candle on both ends trying to get things just right as well watching competitors release schedule.

BTW last fall we were told Playbook (WiFi) was going to start at $399 and now the price is rumored higher. I'm hoping RIM is not decided yet as Apple is likely going to hit that target either by lowering current iPad or through rumored price reduction.

I want RIM to succeed here as I have been a long time user of their products, like many of you I get the way they do things and continue to support their products. RIM needs to come out swinging though. It's like Rocky getting pummelled and not falling down. Get off the ropes RIM!!!
    03-01-11 05:36 AM
    BTW last fall we were told Playbook (WiFi) was going to start at $399 and now the price is rumored higher.
    I don't remember seeing anything official from RIM or anything unofficial from RIM stating this price. Just opinions and conjecture on the forums throwing this price out.
    03-01-11 06:06 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD