Well, this probably isn�t news, and if it is it�s old news, but trying to connect some dots leads me to think that...

When asked about the lack of native email on the wifi version of the PlayBook on the Engadgets Show (020), Ryan Biden (RIM�s senior manager overseeing the PlayBook) said that native email makes a lot of sense in a device that�s always on and always connected (meaning a radio equipped version), and that they�ll be bringing that feature to market later this year.

When asked a similar question on an interview on the 15th of April by the Wall Street Journal, Jim Balsillie (RIM co-CEO) says that native email will be coming to the PlayBook within 60 days.

Considering the amount of attention the wifi-versions lack of native email has gotten, I thinks it�ll be a fair assumption to make that RIM will not launch a radio (4g) equipped version without native email. As long as everything else is ready to go (which I guess is a slightly bigger assumption) that should put the launch date of native email->4g PlayBook to around the 15th of next month (June).

Perhaps not the soundest reasoning, but...
    04-30-11 05:13 AM
    There is know way they will launch the 4g with out native email know way especially now with all this negativity
    04-30-11 08:21 AM
    Agreed, and what 's interesting is that the 4G launch might have been accelerated, so email client work must have been well advanced to allow for that.
    There is know way they will launch the 4g with out native email know way especially now with all this negativity
    04-30-11 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD