I was one of the unlucky ones to have problem with the browser crashing intermittently since upgrading to OS 2.
    The crashes get more frequent and in the end every browsing session ended in a crash. And when it started crashing on crackberry.com, I had to do something.

Reinstalling the OS is not an elegant solution but it seems to have fix the problem. It's been two days of constant use, no crash yet.

My apology if this thread is redundant.
    04-12-12 12:29 AM
    Mine was OK after the upgrade, but slowly emerged and got worse. Be interesting to see if it can stand the test of time.
    04-12-12 12:40 AM
    I was one of the unlucky ones to have problem with the browser crashing intermittently since upgrading to OS 2.
    The crashes get more frequent and in the end every browsing session ended in a crash. And when it started crashing on crackberry.com, I had to do something.

Reinstalling the OS is not an elegant solution but it seems to have fix the problem. It's been two days of constant use, no crash yet.

thanks for the heads up, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind giving us periodic updates, like once every full week for the next two weeks though. 2 days might be too early to tell.
    04-12-12 12:42 AM

No apologies necessary. Since I started using computers, which was 1984, I have lost count how many times I have had to re-install an OS because of a host of reasons; whether it be some "bug", virus that wouldn't go away using the traditional anti-virus methods, modem issues, perhaps deleted apps that really never left the computer causing it to slow down to a low crawl, I found that a complete re-install always fixed what was "un-fixable." To be sure, you will lose all kinds of stuff if you haven't backed up that "stuff" to either an off site storage facility, or a simple external hard drive, but sometimes I found that re-installing that "stuff" from the external hard drive repeated the problems....sometimes sensitive tax documents, or saved images from where ever were the source of the problems. Since I keep real paper copies of important documents, all that I have lost was the ability to access them much easier on the PC...no real big loss.

Anyway, it's good that a simple re-install of the OS on your PB solved your problems.
    04-12-12 01:01 AM
    I found it is really interesting after clean installation it works fine till you open Android Apps, the playbook after that start acting up, so if you can please verify that?
    04-12-12 01:49 AM
    RIM had me do a wipe and reinstall for my problem losing the predictive text and spell checking on my keyboard. Did not fix my browser crashes. Did not fix the keyboard problem, either.
    04-12-12 07:07 AM
    ive tried to reinstall the os or factory reset but it doesnt work

How did you do it ?

im using windows 7 and have latest Blackberry desktop software, i open BDS and turn off the PB then connect the PB using usb, i then get the Error message on my pc to update, retry or close, i click on update and the playbook restarts and i then get the " there are no updates available blah blah blah keep me informed by email etc

thats as far as i get.
    Last edited by BackDaws; 04-12-12 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Cos im an [b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]
    04-12-12 08:16 AM
    ive tried to reinstall the os or factory reset but it doesnt work

How did you do it ?

im using windows 7 and have latest Blackberry desktop software, i open BDS and turn off the PB then connect the PB using usb, i then get the Error message on my pc to update, retry or close, i click close
    Instead of close, try clicking update. I forget what the three options are but close isn't going to do it.
    04-12-12 08:20 AM
    Instead of close, try clicking update. I forget what the three options are but close isn't going to do it.

Sorry that was a me having a brain fart, i click UPDATE not close.....lol
    04-12-12 08:39 AM
    I guess you could do a Security Wipe and then try the Debrick.
    04-12-12 09:40 AM
    I've found that closing email after reading it instead of leaving it open has had me poof free for all most a week now.
    04-12-12 09:49 AM
    thanks, ive already tried Debricking it after security wipe, is debricking basically the same procedure as reinstalling or is this a diffrent way ?

and i dont leave my email open but i still get crashes
    04-12-12 09:57 AM
    The procedure known as "debricking" is re-installing the OS. It seems to completely wipe the device and install a fresh copy.

It sounds to me like your doing it correctly. The only thing I can think of is your not getting to the button fast enough. The PB will normal turn on when you plug it in to USB. If you were to hit the update button after it partially booted it might not work. Try again and make sure it's off. My PB sometimes takes a few minutes to completely shutdown. Keep your finger on the trigger and as soon as you see that popup hit the update.
    Just guessing.
    04-12-12 10:41 AM
    I found it is really interesting after clean installation it works fine till you open Android Apps, the playbook after that start acting up, so if you can please verify that?
    I only have a couple of text-based Android apps. Tried them both and browser still seems stable. But it is only day 3 so time will tell.

One interesting point. Before re-installing the OS, it was not just the native browser that was unstable. I have Simple Browser + and it was crashing too.
    04-12-12 01:07 PM
    I firmly believe that if you ran any leaked PlayBook OS and used the Android emulator, then did a backup and maybe wiped your PlayBook prior to OS2 official, followed by restoring that beta-y backup, that you will have issues. No sign of beta OS or the sideloaded Android emulator = happy town.

Maybe that's crazy talk, but I wiped and downgraded without using a backup in any sort of way and my browser very seldom crashes, among the lack of other issues others seem to complain about on the regular.
    04-12-12 01:20 PM
    No sideloading, nevere beta OS installation, never an Android app. Actually just a handful of native well known apps. Pristine Playbook. Browser still crashes. So YMMV.
    04-12-12 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD