- CrackBerry Abuser
- 176 Posts
Reinstalled OS on my early adopter PlayBook. Recommended!
I bought a new PlayBook for my brother for his birthday, and after playing around with it for a while it became clear that something wasn't right with my original PB. I bought it right after it was launched, and it seems incremental updates vs a clean install doesn't add up to the same performance at all.
So I did a security wipe and reinstalled the OS, damn... Now it's really blazing again! The browser isn't lagging like it did, and all is swell
So.. I recommend reinstalling your software after doing a security wipe. it's like getting a new PB.
(back up your data and everything before you do.)
- 12-31-12, 11:59 AM #3
I bought my second PB almost a year after the first one and haven't noticed a difference between the two in performance. That being said, I keep a clean cache and history, don't sideload, haven't had any botched or questionable updates, delete through DM any questionable apps and haven't performed any wipes. That may or may not make a difference but I see a lot of issues associated with sideloading, interrupted/failed updates and wiping. The only advantage I see for an OS reload would be if you have corrupt files, problem apps or issues from botched updates. Same as a PC with the same issues, including registry errors, of which there are programs to remedy that without an OS reload. To my understanding, a security wipe only removes personal data, nothing more. My opinion.
- By nycanes in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 4Last Post: 03-10-12, 04:21 PM
- By dvigue in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-30-09, 07:33 PM
- By karishma200 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 10-28-08, 01:59 AM
- By mnrthreat in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 07-21-08, 09:21 PM
- By GadgetGuru72 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 4Last Post: 11-12-07, 11:16 AM